Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Ranked Matches...

Creator: Nights January 4, 2011 10:03am
50 posts - page 2 of 5
samgoeslol
<Member>
samgoeslol's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 29, 2011 6:31am | Report
Can you pls elaborate counterpicking? i usually pick wat my team is lagging and went about even w/l up till now. Is there any further advice anyone can give?

@god of blood: its an ELO calculation depending on the elo of your/ the opponents' team
google it, there should be a formula somewhere

greez sam
<-summonername on EUW: strawhatbro
check out my blog
+rep if you like my posts^^
watch my stream
follow me on twitter and facebook
Jebus McAzn
<Retired Moderator>
Jebus McAzn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 29, 2011 9:22am | Report
For example, if they pick a character, you want to pick someone who counters that person exceptionally well. However, it's not always as fluid as "This guy counters this other guy." Here's a post from the forums that I feel sums it up well:

"Don't break counters down this specifically. Yes, it exists, but its not like "O they picked X hero so I'll pick Y".

Lets say they pick Kog'maw. Hes a HIGH damage LOW mobility carry. You want to field an assassin with high mobility to keep him locked down. Generalize characters into niches and roles and field heroes to counter that. Akali, Xin, Kat, Yi and Jax are all good choices against Kog'Maw (obviously you don't always want them in the same lane as him to start). Also not that I don't suggest these champions because they're amazing vs. Kog'Maw based specifically on what they are. They all just take advantage of his low mobility with good gap closers.

Don't look for an X>Y counter list. Good choices should be obvious when you understand the general roles characters fall into. For example, you may not want to field a burst assassin at all- it isn't a necessary team role. But these characters do have their uses.

For example, you might try to counter a hero that has a rough early game by fielding a really potent early/mid game champ to keep them behind.

Most importantly though, CC is the universal counter. You can handle pretty much ANY op champ/comp by ramming a ****load of stuns and disables through their domes.
god of blood
<Member>
god of blood's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 29, 2011 11:35am | Report
samgoeslol wrote:

Can you pls elaborate counterpicking? i usually pick wat my team is lagging and went about even w/l up till now. Is there any further advice anyone can give?

@god of blood: its an ELO calculation depending on the elo of your/ the opponents' team
google it, there should be a formula somewhere

greez sam

im sorry for being so unknowledgeable but what is ELO?
so simply if i win 7 ranks in a row and then win the eight one it will give me more rank points than just wining after lose?
Zeprido
<Ancient Member>
Zeprido's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 29, 2011 12:02pm | Report
Zeprido wrote:

ELO is the system Riot uses to determine your ranking. The increases and decreases vary based on the ELO of your opponents, if they have a lower ELO than you, then you will see a lesser increase or a higher decrease, If they have a higher ELO, you'll see a higher increase or a lesser decrease.

The more you win, the more points you get, so you will face opponents with higher ELO, and defeating them will net higher ELO increases for yourself.
Zeprido is currently:Online
If I've helped you at all in any way, or you really like my post click that +Rep button =)
You can always call me Zep for short =D
Feel free to private message me with questions/concerns or if you just want to chat =)
god of blood
<Member>
god of blood's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 30, 2011 4:57am | Report
Zeprido wrote:

finally asnwering my question thanks alot!
Zeprido
<Ancient Member>
Zeprido's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 30, 2011 3:05pm | Report
Huh. How did I wind up quoting myself if there was nothing to quote? Ah well. Your welcome =)
Zeprido is currently:Online
If I've helped you at all in any way, or you really like my post click that +Rep button =)
You can always call me Zep for short =D
Feel free to private message me with questions/concerns or if you just want to chat =)
Xaioli
<Veteran>
Xaioli's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 31, 2011 8:07am | Report
In case anyone wants to know how to win ranked matches, it's JANNA. But no seriously, it really is Janna.
Mowen
<Retired Admin>
Mowen's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 31, 2011 10:08am | Report

JANNA!!!!!!
Thanks to GrandMasterD for my sig!
Jebus McAzn
<Retired Moderator>
Jebus McAzn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 31, 2011 10:09am | Report