Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Support Champs

Creator: HUDGaming August 19, 2011 9:48pm
7 posts - page 1 of 1
HUDGaming
<Member>
HUDGaming's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 19, 2011 9:48pm | Report
Hey im just looking for some input here, I have been playing with some support champs recently (soraka, zil, kayle, and janna) and im just wondering what champ would be the most useful (assuming that a tank and jungler is present)
Come take a look at Rydia- Missionary of the Shadows
Dakirokor
<Member>
Dakirokor's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 20, 2011 12:38am | Report
I wouldn't really call kayle a support champ shes more of a dps champ

Mostly it depends on team comp but soraka is always a solid pick since the heal can always bring someone back to full health if they charge in too gunghoe
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 20, 2011 10:43pm | Report
Dakirokor wrote:

I wouldn't really call kayle a support champ shes more of a dps champ

I would. Kayle has a decent heal and a clutch ult for saving teammates. Her new passive is also great for weakening enemies for your team to finish off.

@HUDGaming:
Soraka provides a ton of sustain to your partner in laning phase and clutch heals with her global ult. She's a little more passive than other supports.

Zilean is best built like an AP carry but his W and ult are powerful supporting tools in team fights.

Kayle after her remake should be build support/AS, with items like Malady, Black Cleaver, Guinsoo's Rageblade and Nashor's Tooth to make the most out of her passive. Her ult can also turn the tide of fights.

Janna makes a great aura support and her ult is great for counter-initiation+team healing. She's pretty good at saving lives or being aggressive with her Q and E too. Her laning phase lacks sustain for her partner, so be sure your lane mate can keep their own health up.

It's hard to pin these champions down to a specific role in a team, but I'll try:

Soraka for an unstoppable laning phase.
Zilean to help carry a team aggressively. He usually likes solo mid to farm.
Kayle for anti-resistance in team fights, especially when there's a lot of tanky champions on the other team.
Janna if you like playing Janna. She shines mostly in team fights though, especially if she has a good AD carry to support.

All of these champions are equally viable (maybe not Kayle), so don't be afraid to use all of them if you like.

I hope that answers your question.
Thanks to Jovy for the sig!
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 21, 2011 1:34am | Report
I'd suggest Alistar or Taric. Support with CC/stun/silence is the best support.

Currently Panth + Taric is raping lanes.
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by Jovy ♡
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 21, 2011 8:07am | Report
Karma is also a pretty good supporter. She needs farm and AP to do her job well though, so she may not be what you want.
iEatEmoKids
<Member>
iEatEmoKids's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 22, 2011 7:11pm | Report
I would not consider Kayle or Zilean true supports as they are farm-dependent champions. They're more of Nidalee-like champions; a farm-dependent solo top.

Kayle is somewhat like an AP/AS DPS. Almost like Teemo but better due to her AoE and Passive. She also has Heal, Slow, and an Ult that saves lives.

Zilean fits well into a double AP Carry team composition. He is also a solo laner. He can support a team, but he is not a support champion.

Nidalee is just a downright amazing champion. She is an absolute beast at solo top. I even beat 1v2 lanes with her. Shame her Heal's being nerfed.

As for true supports (designed to lane at bottom with your AD Carry), viable picks are Alistar, Taric, Soraka, Janna, and Sona (maybe Karma, but I never played her and I odn't know how she works). They are not farm-dependent at all, they should be buying wards 24/7, they depend on GP10 items, and should be buying aura equipment. They should also have Clairvoyance.
HUDGaming
<Member>
HUDGaming's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 22, 2011 7:35pm | Report
Ok thanks for the info all might just read some more guides and continue working on CV and such
Come take a look at Rydia- Missionary of the Shadows

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide