Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

What should my priorities be in a normal game?

Creator: adam483t August 9, 2011 9:32am
adam483t
<Member>
adam483t's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 9, 2011 9:32am | Report
Under basic understanding, LoL is about getting the towers down, so you can defeat the inhibitors and so on. Killing people along the way makes it easier while avoiding being killed yourself.

Now, is there a basic format on what your priorities should be in a regular solo queue match? I'm level 26, and the basic format I have been doing is: Laning until the one tower is destroyed. Then go down and help the other lanes with their own towers. Team fights ensue, and we then start pushing and defending when necessary.

Should I be warding more if I'm not even a jungler? What should I do about dragon? When should I start pinging like a mad man to tell people to kill it? What other things should I be pinging to direct my team for a higher rate of success?
B-Wong
<Member>
B-Wong's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 9, 2011 9:57am | Report
Be the leader of the team.

You have to know what's best. Mid getting owned? You owning your lane? well go gank. Is enemy jungler starting his ganks while you're bot? Buy a ward and put it at Dragon regularly. Did you just kill 3 of the enemy while Dragon/Baron is up? Ping that ****. Are jungle buffs available? Tell team to help with the buffs (ofc know who deserves what buff, etc.)

A lot of what I'm saying is game intuition, there's not any specific thing that you focus on other than winning.

UltimateHavok
<Member>
UltimateHavok's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 9, 2011 11:50am | Report
First of all, never ping like a mad man. That **** is annoying as hell. Often times I've seen people try to communicate only through ping and no one understands what they mean. As you begin to play with more experienced players, sure a quick ping on dragon or baron or one of the buffs and people know what you're trying to convey whether it be getting dragon yourself, ganking them at dragon, ganking them at abron, ect. because of map awareness.
However, less experienced players won't get it and sometimes aren't even paying attention to the mini map. (tsk tsk) Pinging can be good, but one good ping is sufficient. If people don't catch on to what you mean, try typing it out real quick and keep it short to conserve time.

People tend to think of LoL as very simple, but the longer I've been playing the more I realize how complex it really can be. Jungling, warding, counter-warding, neutral monsters, ganking, pushing towers, baiting, last-hitting, building to counter opponents builds, ect. are all really important and to really excel at this game you need to understand them.

It all goes into a lot of detail, just try reading guides on different things to obtain a better understanding of everything you need to know.
My name is Havok.
And yes, your mother loves me.

Check out my Katarina guide!
+rep me because I am awesome.

Thanks to jhoijhoi!
theBMB
<Member>
theBMB's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 9, 2011 1:07pm | Report
^ to add to that, whenever you ping on something that isn't a well known point, type something quickly in chat to explain why you just pinged. For example, if the enemy places a ward in top bush, ping where they placed that ward and just type in chat "ward". Another trick if you see someone leave lane and you know that they're heading to another lane, create a ping trail on the minimap in the direction the enemy is going.

But generally, your priorities during different phases of the game differ.
Early game: First Blood > CS > Towers > Kills (or Kills > CS depending on what champ you're playing)
Mid Game: Towers > Dragon > Buffs > Kills > CS
Late Game: Towers > Baron > Kills > Dragon > Buffs > CS

Generally getting a tower is your top priority since they give global exp and gold and give you more map control. Don't underestimate the importance of a good CS. The money from creeps can rival if not surpass, the money from getting champ kills throughout the whole game. These are the major goals you should focus on and what you should try to direct your team towards
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 9, 2011 6:09pm | Report
Towers are almost always #1 priority. If you trade a person who's on a death streak for a tower, it's worth it.
Early game though, just focus on the CS.
Dotter
<Member>
Dotter's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 10, 2011 11:51am | Report
- Communicate with your team alot. -> Do not flame, some players are offended by it and leave.
- Put up wards to secure dragon and to prevent ganks
- Ping and call ss when enemies are gone missing
- Know your role -> Do not stray off to chase as a tank etc.
Bryun
<Magic Man>
Bryun's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 12, 2011 11:35pm | Report
Farm.
If you take your tower already help others.
Call 'MIA' every-time anyone is missing, be the bigger person and just call it.
Play smart, as in know when to fight or play safe.

Losing?
Farm as much as possible.
When a team is grouped up and some of your allies are there protecting the tower already, split push as fast as you can.
Take out enemies one-by-one if you can't take all of them at once.

I suggest you to watch streams @ ow3ned.tv. The high ELO players teach you basically everything by just watching them.

jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 13, 2011 12:39am | Report
My suggestion, that will help you win games pre-level 30 is knowing jungle respawn times.

If you see Yi with red come to gank, time it. 3-4 minutes later go have a look at enemy Red Buff. Is Yi there? If he's not, take red.

If you know where your enemy is going to be, you have won the game.
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by Jovy ♡
iEatEmoKids
<Member>
iEatEmoKids's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 22, 2011 7:00pm | Report
Buy wards. They're a must, despite whatever type of champion you're playing. If you're a Support, you should buy even more wards. In tournament games, every player buy wards. It doesn't matter if they're the Jungler or the AP Carry, map awareness is THAT important and it WILL win you games.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide