Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Be Prepared! 2016 Guide Contest

Creator: PsiGuard December 7, 2015 12:34pm
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 7, 2015 12:34pm | Report

Contest will close Thursday, January 7 at 11:59 P.M. PST

Hi everyone, we're back again with a new guide contest for the 2016 season! All you have to do to enter is create or update a quality Champion or General guide and keep it updated throughout the coming month!

For your guide to be eligible for the contest all you have to do is have the build and guide contest fully updated for the 2016 season, fulfill the requirements to be considered a full guide and reach a certain score threshold. This applies to older guides that have been updated, or completely new guides. If you fake your updates, do not fully update your guide content, break guide rules or cheat in any way your guide will be disqualified at our discretion.

The top-rated and random draw categories should be pretty straightforward. For the other categories, we have a panel of judges that will be choosing the best guide for their category. All of the judges for the role-based categories were at least Diamond in the 2015 season.

We want to see all kinds of great guides so that our readers will be prepared no matter how they choose to play in the new season. There are many ways to win these great prizes, so write a guide for what you're best at! Please set the role your guide is intended for in the "Guide Settings" on the right sidebar so we can more easily browse through them. Guides can only win one category.

Categories and Prizes

In addition to the other prizes the winner will receive a special badge for their profile that matches the category they won. You can see the prizes for winning each category in the descriptions below. Winners can choose their favorite Champion Figurine, but it must be in stock.

No Followin' These Footsteps - MOBAFire T-shirt, MOBAFire Hat, Champion Figurine, Teemo Hat + 2800 RP

Best in show. The guide with the overall best build, content, visuals, etc.

All Will Know Us... In Time - MOBAFire T-shirt, MOBAFire Hat, Champion Figurine + 2800 RP

Top rated guide at the conclusion of the contest, as decided by MOBAFire voters.

The Die Is Cast - MOBAFire Hat, Champion Figurine + 650 RP

Lady Luck is smiling. The guide that is randomly drawn from the list of eligible guides.

Delightify! - MOBAFire T-shirt, Champion Figurine + 1380 RP

The most fabulous guide. Best use of images, coding, etc to make the most visually pleasing and easy to read guide.

Crush Them Underfoot - MOBAFire T-shirt, Champion Figurine + 1380 RP

The overall best guide for a champion in the top role. Viable champions are determined by judges.

I Will Show You The Path - MOBAFire T-shirt, Champion Figurine + 1380 RP

The overall best guide for a champion in the jungler role. Viable champions are determined by judges.

You Smell Like Burning! - MOBAFire T-shirt, Champion Figurine + 1380 RP

The overall best guide for a champion in the mid role. Viable champions are determined by judges.

Give Me A Target - MOBAFire T-shirt, Champion Figurine + 1380 RP

The overall best guide for a champion in the marksman role. Viable champions are determined by judges.

To Heal And Protect - MOBAFire T-shirt, Champion Figurine + 1380 RP

The overall best guide for a champion in the support role. Viable champions are determined by judges.

Remember, you do not have to rush your guide-writing. We want you guys to take your time and put in your best effort. You will have 30 days from the start of the contest. All eligible guides at the cutoff date will be reviewed by our panel of judges, and the winners selected. Remember, if parts of your guide are outdated your guide may be disqualified, so be sure to be thorough!

I look forward to all the awesome guides that will come out of this contest to help all sorts of players navigate the 2016 season.

Fine Print:

• Guide can be Champion or General type, remember to set your roles in guide settings. For some categories, only Champion guides are eligible.
  • Open to registered MOBAFire members only. Not a member? Register now and craft your guide!
  • Contest is worldwide.
  • Prizes are shipped from Canada. International winners are responsible to pay for any import fees, taxes or other charges that may be applicable depending on location.
  • Contest will be closed 30 days after the start of the contest.
  • After contest is closed there will be a 2 week judging period.
  • Winners will be notified by email after the judging period and will have 7 days to claim their prize.
  • T-shirt sizes range from Small to Extra Large.
  • Chosen Figurine prize must be in stock.

Get writing!
Thanks to Janitsu for the sig!
Embracing
<Crowd Favorite>
Embracing's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 7, 2015 1:06pm | Report
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 7, 2015 1:08pm | Report
[deleted]
<Editor>
oxide110's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 7, 2015 2:40pm | Report
a nice initiative to keep mobafire updated and relevant

London is one hour ahead of the rest of England -Luther3000
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 7, 2015 2:57pm | Report
If only i had the time and computer to write the guide right now. Oh well. :/ Maybe I'll get lucky on it.

Thank you to jhoijhoi for the sig, and all the dividers in the guide.

SHSLdiva
<Member>
SHSLdiva's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 7, 2015 3:45pm | Report
if only i wasn't a noob who's terrible at explaining things...
LimitlessHavoc
<King of the Hill>
LimitlessHavoc's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 7, 2015 4:05pm | Report
Even more motivation to improve my guide :P
Awesome Sig by OwenTheAwesomer
TheRealCefor
<Member>
TheRealCefor's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 7, 2015 4:10pm | Report
Damn, need to complete my guide. 100% score for a 450k+ viewed guide is good but I need to be better.
ChaseMorePlz
<Member>
ChaseMorePlz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 7, 2015 4:13pm | Report
This seems really cool! Definitely a good idea to inspire other players to make guides, I can't wait to get to writing. Is there a limit on how many guides someone can submit?
Did I help you out or entertain you? Be sure to give me a +Rep, helps a lot :)

Udyr Jungle Guide!: Godyr Jungle: How to Dominate & Carry Games!

Along with my Mobafire guides, I also have a YouTube channel! I post guides and other funny League of Legends content as well :)
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 7, 2015 4:21pm | Report
This seems really cool! Definitely a good idea to inspire other players to make guides, I can't wait to get to writing. Is there a limit on how many guides someone can submit?

All guides that are updated for the season and meet the word limit to be "a guide" are automatically entered I think.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide