Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Be Prepared! 2016 Guide Contest

Creator: PsiGuard December 7, 2015 12:34pm
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 9, 2015 11:37pm | Report
- Does the Top Rated category consider votes cast during this 30 day period, or all cumulative votes on the guides? Or something different? It doesn't make much sense to compare a fresh guide with 10 votes with a guide that's been around since 2013 with 230 votes.

It'll be the guide with the best score at the end of the contest using the current scoring system.

- For the Laning guides (top lane specifically), do the judges consider off-meta champions that are still viable, and if so, are those off-meta champions at a disadvantage? Also, since all of the judges are Diamond+, what level of play will they be judging the guides for?

Last year's winner of the jungle category was a guide for AD Malzahar jungle. Viable champions are up to the judges' discretion.

As for what level of play, the judges will be evaluating all guides based on the same criteria (build, content, presentation). You can win regardless of your soloqueue rank if your guide is good, but your build recommendations and guide content should be pretty accurate if you want to stand out.
Thanks to The_Nameless_Bard for the sig!
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 10, 2015 10:41am | Report
PsiGuard wrote:

Last year's winner of the jungle category was a guide for AD Malzahar jungle. Viable champions are up to the judges' discretion.

As for what level of play, the judges will be evaluating all guides based on the same criteria (build, content, presentation). You can win regardless of your soloqueue rank if your guide is good, but your build recommendations and guide content should be pretty accurate if you want to stand out.

I think his question is more something along the lines of: "Will my guide be judged on whether it'd work in diamond+ solo queue or just for the newer players?"
Sir Wellington
<Member>
Sir Wellington's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 10, 2015 5:21pm | Report
Yeah, what Vynertje said. I guess I should've phrased it better. My guide is for top lane Xin Zhao and specifically geared towards bronze thru low gold, because that's where he's strongest. Different champs are much stronger in different roles based on what rank you're playing them at, so I was just wondering if the judges take that into consideration too.

Check out my manly Xin Zhao guide for manly men!
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 10, 2015 8:36pm | Report
In terms of build especially, I would expect judges to judge guides based off of the most optimal advice you could give. So if it's true that your item build, for example, is the best possible build to carry in gold, then that would be fine. I would not expect judges to give you a free pass for a suboptimal build because "it works in my games" or anything like that though.

I really don't think it's very common for different builds/strategies to be that much more effective in low elo than in high elo. The only thing I can think of is building more damage in low elo since you can expect to be focused less efficiently.

I leave most stuff like that up to the judge's discretion though.

Edit: To clarify, your build and guide should be competitive. Fun builds aren't going to score as highly as effective ones. If you're confident your build (or guide content) is optimal for a given elo, then that can work.
Thanks to Minho for the sig!
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 11, 2015 8:32am | Report
Please,I dont know how to send my guide. HELP !
Re4XN
<Member>
Re4XN's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 11, 2015 8:48am | Report
Quoted:

Don't take this the wrong way, but perhaps you SHOULDN'T send your guide JUST YET. You should get to know the game better (mainly get level 30) before trying to publish something serious.
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 11, 2015 9:23am | Report
Quoted:

You don't have to send your guide, when it's published it's automatically eligible (as long as you meet the requirements). If I'm not mistaken, your guide is already published here.
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 11, 2015 11:30am | Report
PsiGuard wrote:
All you have to do to enter is create or update a quality Champion or General guide and keep it updated throughout the coming month!

As Vynertje said, as long as you meet the contest requirements and meet the requirements for a full guide, you're already entered! You don't have to send it to anyone for it to be evaluated.
Thanks to The_Nameless_Bard for the sig!
Arrexel
<Member>
Arrexel's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 11, 2015 12:10pm | Report
[Message Removed]
Embracing
<Crowd Favorite>
Embracing's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 11, 2015 1:21pm | Report
hey psi we gud friends right me and u