Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Be Prepared! 2016 Guide Contest

Creator: PsiGuard December 7, 2015 12:34pm
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Seth346
<Member>
Seth346's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 4, 2016 12:30pm | Report
I probably should have forced comments to vote on my guide, think that lost me a few. Along with its been such a work in progress I guess. Its been constantly improving since November of 2014... At the time it wasn't too good. After about 8000 edits, its gotten pretty amazing. Now all I need is plenty of reviews to see what else I can change for it, and to keep it updated.

Hoping to win! :)
If I helped you, I would appreciate a +rep
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 5, 2016 3:15am | Report
What patch will the guides be judged on? I figured it would be 6.1, but it's taking so long for the patch to be released that it's either going to be after the contest deadline, or it's going to leave very little time for guides to get updated.
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 5, 2016 5:01am | Report
What patch will the guides be judged on? I figured it would be 6.1, but it's taking so long for the patch to be released that it's either going to be after the contest deadline, or it's going to leave very little time for guides to get updated.

If it's after the deadline, then obviously we'll judge based on the current patch. Should the patch still be released just before then (i.e. today or tomorrow) we will most likely extend the deadline and judge based on 6.1

Thanks to Hoppermh for the signature!
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 5, 2016 5:03am | Report
Okay cool, sounds fair.
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 5, 2016 12:40pm | Report
Just in case anyone else was wondering, it seems the patch won't be out until next week, so guides will definitely be judged on patch 5.24.
winston gergill
<Member>
winston gergill's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 5, 2016 1:23pm | Report
*crosses fingers for random drawing*
Janna guide | Thanks @ Hoppermh for the sig! :D
OwenTheAwesomer
<Member>
OwenTheAwesomer's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 6, 2016 10:52am | Report
*crosses fingers for random drawing*

Same xD
Thanks to all hard working sig artists <3

"Thanks to Mikaiah for the wonderful sig <3"
MungoGeri
<Member>
MungoGeri's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 7, 2016 1:36pm | Report
Ugh. I was planning to spend this week delving deep into revising my guide and then my boss called and asked me to do double shifts basically all week. In essence, I've only been able to work, sleep, and maybe scarf down some cereal. It also doesn't help that the item and mastery changes on the PBE may end up changing the damage calculations pretty significantly if they make it onto the live servers (which it seems like they will). If it's possible to delay the contest, I would love it. But if it's not, I understand.
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 7, 2016 3:33pm | Report
MungoGeri wrote:
Ugh. I was planning to spend this week delving deep into revising my guide and then my boss called and asked me to do double shifts basically all week. In essence, I've only been able to work, sleep, and maybe scarf down some cereal. It also doesn't help that the item and mastery changes on the PBE may end up changing the damage calculations pretty significantly if they make it onto the live servers (which it seems like they will). If it's possible to delay the contest, I would love it. But if it's not, I understand.

The contest will be judged on the current patch, so you don't have to worry about possible upcoming changes. If you do update your guide for the next patch (when it hits), it will of course not count against you at all either.
Thanks to Hoppermh for the sig!
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 13, 2016 3:43pm | Report
*pokes* Not that I'll win anything, but interested to know who's won!
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by Jovy ♡
1 2 3 4 5 6 7

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide