Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Champion Reveal: Illaoi, the Kraken Priestess

Creator: Wayne3100 November 10, 2015 12:07pm
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 11, 2015 9:13am | Report
I kinda wish she was a void champion.
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 11, 2015 9:26am | Report
Her release skin is Void Bringer. Vel'Koz be praised.
Toshabi
<Veteran>
Toshabi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 11, 2015 9:26am | Report

if you like that then you should try e621 totally a great place to be
( ͡ʘ╭͜ʖ╮͡ʘ)

We're officially MOBAfurry.
RottedApples
<Inhouse Addict>
RottedApples's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 11, 2015 10:17am | Report
Toshabi wrote:

We're officially MOBAfurry.

i see nothing wrong with this.

Signature is from Ninja_Trigger's champion mastery thread!
New and slightly improved version is still up to date >HERE!<
DillButt64
<Editor>
DillButt64's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 11, 2015 4:47pm | Report
Luther3000 wrote:

I'm talking about the part where you and anyone around you gets harassed for one minute afterwards. On a spell with a 20 second cooldown and 35 mana cost. It had better be like a melee range slow moving skillshot or that's going to be annoying as hell.

it is slow moving but has some decent range to it

i just find it stupid because its one of those "get hit and you lose the fight" abilities like old nidalee spears were, if you get hit and stay in the zone before a teamfight (the zone is pretty big) then youre going to get bursted down because you got hit by one skillshot, and 25% reduced damage doesnt matter when they have 10 seconds to hit you and normally take 2 seconds to kill you, and if you leave now you have one minute of dodging tentacles(that also heal illaoi)

idk i just dont think a basic ability should affect someone for a whole minute and be on a 20 second cooldown(without CDR)
Thanks to TheNamelessBard for the signature
Ekki
<Veteran>
Ekki's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 11, 2015 5:05pm | Report
DillButt64 wrote:
i just find it stupid because its one of those "get hit and you lose the fight" abilities like old nidalee spears were
Blitz' grabs and Ahri's charm exist though.

DillButt64 wrote:
if you leave now you have one minute of dodging tentacles(that also heal illaoi)
Aren't the tentacles only a problem when in range of Illaoi? If you can escape range I don't see a problem. It'd be just a functional temporary increase in her range. Now if you actually get harassed for 1 minute even if Illaoi is far away I can agree that it's broken :P
DillButt64
<Editor>
DillButt64's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 11, 2015 7:09pm | Report
im pretty sure its the latter, tentacles will attack you even when youre out of her range since you become a vessel (check the ability preview of this on her reveal it shows it) and yes its only one every 10 seconds for 60 seconds but its still 60 seconds you have to deal with

also blitz grabs are ok because hes a binary champion, what does he do if he doesnt grab people? run in and hope he can get a knock up? its ok his grab is that impactful because he has nothing else in his kit

ahri is an assassin and her charm is her catch tool, fizz has his fish as his catch tool, talon has his cutthroat, zed has ult, without a way to catch someone how will she assassinate someone? i do see the similarities with it

also at max rank her E transfers 45% of the damage dealt and that scales with her AD (+8% per 100 total AD)
Thanks to TheNamelessBard for the signature
Ekki
<Veteran>
Ekki's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 11, 2015 11:50pm | Report
Well 10 seconds is still enough to go back to base, plus tentacles have only 2 hitpoints. And for the time the teamfight goes on it's just another mindless dodging.

Her E increasing the damage transfered with AD is dangerous though. It gets to 100% at 700 AD, but, even before that, being able to deal so much damage to someone that can't move the thing that's being damaged is potentially broken. Now if getting outside of the zone is easy it wouldn't be that bad.
HiFromBuddha
<Member>
HiFromBuddha's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 12, 2015 12:58am | Report
Ekki wrote:

Her E increasing the damage transfered with AD is dangerous though. It gets to 100% at 700 AD, but, even before that, being able to deal so much damage to someone that can't move the thing that's being damaged is potentially broken. Now if getting outside of the zone is easy it wouldn't be that bad.

Pretty sure you don't want to leave the zone, as straying too far from your spirit instantly makes you a vessel.

Thank you to MissMaw for the signatures!
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 12, 2015 1:04am | Report
Ekki wrote:

The thing is, if you're gonna try and maximize the free damage you get on them you're going to be super squishy with no CC in the kit or any escapes.

So... have fun being all or nothing, I suppose? I mean, if you hit that one skillshot, you're golden, but if you don't, then you're dead. Like Blitzcrank, but way way worse, lol.
Sig courtesy of GrandmasterD. Go get your own sig from them. :D

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide