Mobafire League of Legends Build Guides Mobafire League of Legends Build Guides
's Forum Avatar

Champion Spotlight: Sivir, the Battle Mistress

Creator: virago January 24, 2012 11:17am
1 2
virago
<Member>
virago's Forum Avatar
Posts:
257
Joined:
Oct 30th, 2011
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep | Commend January 24, 2012 11:17am | Report
Yesterday, Phreak posted this updated spotlight for Sivir The first version was released before her remake in 2010.

Quoted:
Welcome to the Sivir Spotlight, summoners! Sivir has boundless contributions to add to any team. First, she performs the role of “pusher” exceptionally. Between Boomerang Blade and Ricochet, Sivir demands a response from the enemy team whenever she lays siege to an enemy turret. Second, she’s a force to be feared in large-scale fights. Whether buffing her entire team through On the Hunt or flying around the battle striking multiple targets at once, Sivir commands the battlefield. If you’re looking for a ranged DPS who kills everything on at once instead of one at a time, take a look at the Sivir Champion Spotlight!


Thank you to our Veteran member jhoijhoi for this signature
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Posts:
10023
Joined:
Dec 7th, 2010
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep | Commend January 24, 2012 11:50am | Report
Real Phreak, release spotlight on one of best champions in game, releases ****tiest spotlight ever, ROFL.

Fails epicly with spellshield vs Garen, and in the start Kat does more damage ROFL.


IceCreamy
<Moderator>
IceCreamy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Posts:
5981
Joined:
Aug 14th, 2011
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep | Commend January 24, 2012 12:07pm | Report
But... he said TONS OF DAMAGE !!!

DuffTime wrote:
ok ok plz carry me omg
i was only waiting for you to ask

Temzilla wrote:
Too hot to be icecream.

Luther3000 wrote:
He looks like a hair gel advert on legs

Toshabi wrote:
Icecreamy, with hair as slick and smooth as the ocean waves of Cocobana
Wayne3100
<Community Manager>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Posts:
7148
Joined:
Aug 3rd, 2011
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep | Commend January 24, 2012 1:13pm | Report
Nighthawk wrote:

Real Phreak, release spotlight on one of best champions in game, releases ****tiest spotlight ever, ROFL.

Fails epicly with spellshield vs Garen, and in the start Kat does more damage ROFL.


Real -.-'

I'm really sick of all those people hating on his spotlights, especially when there's like ONE thing he does wrong while the rest is good.

I sincerely hope you're joking tbh

Thanks to MissMaw for the signature!
MissMaw
<Moderator>
MissMaw's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Posts:
8742
Joined:
Nov 18th, 2011
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep | Commend January 24, 2012 1:17pm | Report
lol i just remembered the Miss Fortune spotlight.

okay, now that we are away from Anivia's range....
*anivia hits him*
....we can...

oh Phreak -___-
I got freedom, I got a lady, I got a cause I'd die for. That's who I am.
omagma
<Scout>
omagma's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Posts:
1677
Joined:
Jul 27th, 2011
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep | Commend January 24, 2012 1:17pm | Report
Nighthawk wrote:

Real Phreak, release spotlight on one of best champions in game, releases ****tiest spotlight ever, ROFL.

Fails epicly with spellshield vs Garen, and in the start Kat does more damage ROFL.


You are turning into quite the ****-head.

Don't like that at all /:
Thanks to me and Elleeeeeka (love that name) for my sigs.
If i made a helpful comment on your guide/build, then hit that +rep button. or don't, its not like i care.
ALL HAIL QUEEN CHRYSALIS!
Blowfeld
<Editor>
Blowfeld's Forum Avatar
Posts:
1178
Joined:
Jul 4th, 2011
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep | Commend January 24, 2012 1:18pm | Report
turning? XD
Fox Rage wrote:
Blowfeld. Best Party Wrecker Worldwide.
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Posts:
10023
Joined:
Dec 7th, 2010
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep | Commend January 24, 2012 1:32pm | Report
lol?

No, tbh i'm not really joking.

If Phreak is going to release a spotlight on anyone he should show some advanced knowledge of the champion. Sure his spotlights are okay, he explains the champion relatively well (even though he didn't even mention that the ult is an pseudo aura now).

Maybe i'm taking it personally because Riot remade one of my favorite champions and I loved her the way she was.

I was joking because in the start it's pretty obvious they both built a bunch of warmogs or something, and Katarina did more damage thanks to her passive W lol.

He mentions Sivir has a godlike early game, but that's really only because his enemies didn't just dodge Q and let themselves get hit. Like 'once your opponent stops moving' is ever going to happen.

Of course Soraka didn't heal either so w/e. And ofc later Morgana doesn't cast any spells at all except Ult, which of course is standard to cast your most important spell first against ranged dps who has a spell shield. Mind you that brings up the whole 'why is Morgana even there in the first place?' situation.

Sivir has awesome escape tools, except your ult is on a high *** cooldown and you want it for teamfights, plus there is no other escape, right.

Absorbing a low priority spell is always nice, then spending that mana on wraiths is useful too.

Singed plays like an idiot early game, even though that's his worse time in the game :o

His masteries are also quite nice, it's good to know Phreak realizes Havoc is SUCH a good mastery, and that taking full dps on Sivir is important.

So I think we can conclude that's more then one mistake.

It's nice of him to release a spotlight for champions like this, but maybe he should just put a guide link to Chaox's Sivir commentary or something, lol.

EDIT:

As Missmaw said, Phreak makes a lot of mistakes. I love him and all, but his spotlights leave a professional taste to be desired.

@Omagma & Blowfield

haters gonna hate? :P

it's true I secretly hate everyone on Mobafire, you guys are all noobs and the reason I only play on PBE is so I don't have to decline your invites every time I get on NA or EU :o


Wayne3100
<Community Manager>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Posts:
7148
Joined:
Aug 3rd, 2011
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep | Commend January 24, 2012 2:15pm | Report
Only one thing I can say: stop taking spotlights so seriously. The very reason he makes them is to explain the basics and show some gameplay footage.

And yes, his opponents didn't do a great job at dodging his Qs. And honestly, in that fight against Garen where he used his Spell Shield at the wrong moment, I have no idea why Garen even stays there so long in the first place and is spinning at Phreak even while dying, that makes no sense. I don't feel like enemies that play against Phreak play well at all (and heck, maybe they're even told to derp around every now and then), but that's not Phreak's fault now, is it?

And you know what, normally Phreak has some skillshots that he misses, some things he should've done differently etc.
In this spotlight, apart from that one Spell Shield, he does what everyone would've done, taking advantage of stupid play from his enemies but still mostly making the right move.

Spotlights aren't meant to show pro play from 2000 ELO and above, spotlights are meant to show the basics. Criticising it and saying he should just post a link to a high ELO player's video is unnecessary, because you're not supposed to look at these videos to become a great Sivir and players who do want to improve will check high ELO streams themselves anyway.

Thanks to Hoppermh for the signature!
Blowfeld
<Editor>
Blowfeld's Forum Avatar
Posts:
1178
Joined:
Jul 4th, 2011
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep | Commend January 24, 2012 2:24pm | Report
Nighthawk wrote:


it's true I secretly hate everyone on Mobafire, you guys are all noobs and the reason I only play on PBE is so I don't have to decline your invites every time I get on NA or EU :o


Finally you say something that makes you at least a little sympathetic :)
But maybe it is just surpressed herd instinct ;)
Fox Rage wrote:
Blowfeld. Best Party Wrecker Worldwide.
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.