Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

MOBAFire Facelift, New Homepage, Build Search,...

Creator: Matt October 9, 2012 6:37pm
1 2 3 4
throatslasher
<Member>
throatslasher's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 11, 2012 8:18am | Report
I agree, I think using those statistics is flawed. PLAT OP
BOW DOWNBOW DOWN
Matt
<Administrator>
Matt's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 11, 2012 9:42am | Report
The system is still brand new, there are very few verified members at this time. It needs time to build, and there are more features coming out that rely on Elo verification that will hopefully drive more authors to seek it. We will keep your concerns in mind as the system grows :) For now I think this is a good start.

@Pølsemanden, these updates are part of a series that will continue to roll out over the next month or so, that are tied together. You will be happy with the next updates :)

@PsiGuard, yeah good idea, I will make a note to address that page! What he meant by restricted (or at least how I would do it) is that the Elo will be clearly marked as verified or not, and possibly hidden if it's not verified. So if you put something ridiculous in your Elo it won't bump you to the top.

@Nighthawk, FlashJ actually had paging in the original design but I temporarily pulled it so that we could get this up sooner. I will be putting it back in soon and you will have async paging :)

Lots of great feedback guys! We will continue to make adjustments :)
throatslasher
<Member>
throatslasher's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 11, 2012 10:21am | Report
^^^Good guy Matt.
BOW DOWNBOW DOWN
H4xDefender
<Veteran>
H4xDefender's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 11, 2012 11:59pm | Report
Embracing wrote:

Using the population to determine the standard of players is to be honest really dumb.

Look at the SATs

People, on average, get 1500.
I can only list one person in my school who got less than that and my school isn't even near an elitist school.

The main reason people get so low on the SATs is because people don't care or are inherently dumb.

The people who remotely care / are talentedare at 1700~1900
The best are from 2100~2400.

Same applies for LoL.

Most of the playerbase consists of people who don't care or people who are bad.
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 12, 2012 11:52am | Report
Perhaps I should rephrase Jai's point.

A 1500 player (theoretically, if we equate rating to game knowledge) knows more than 97% of the League of Legends community. While I realize they/we can be quite lacking still, it's a hell of a lot more reliable than the average guide.
Thanks to Nyoike for the sig!
Mowen
<Retired Admin>
Mowen's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 12, 2012 11:57am | Report
astrolia wrote:

A while after season 2 began, like last November/December, I duo queued with a friend. At the end of our placement matches, we were hovering around 1600 ELO. We got kind of cocky and thought, "Oh wow, we're pretty good at this game now." We played some more games around this ELO and started to actually lose more frequently. In reality, we were pretty noobish and we wound up around 1400-1500 after some more games. The pool of people at 1200-1500 is so large and volatile that many 1500s seem to be random lottery winners who climbed from 1200 to 1500 by luck of the draw. I do understand how the majority of the site is nowhere near 1500, but 1500 does seem pretty low.

Currently you are supposed to have played 100 ranked games in order to be verified, though I think we are going to drop it to 50 (for solo queue). We've already thought of this and have this games played threshold for more quality control. :)

We originally set it to gold because we didn't think we'd have many plat / diamond players but more seem to be showing up or I didn't know we had this many before. I still think gold is a fine threshold, and once we get more filters in we can be able to filter for plat / diamond + in advanced guide searches if you personally don't care about gold players opinions. However, I agree with other people that considering they are a fair bit above average it is a fine place to make the cutoff. I also like it being less exclusive than say, Solomid, because we are MOBAFire and we like giving as many people a shot at having the top guide as possible.
1 2 3 4

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide