Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Feel The Bern!!!!

Creator: Mooninites October 13, 2015 11:21pm
125 posts - page 3 of 13
DillButt64
<Editor>
DillButt64's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 14, 2015 10:29pm | Report
my favorite part about US political threads is when people from countries that arnt the US say things like "YOU need to fix YOUR laws" like the random guy sitting on his computer has the choice to change it (^: once i have 5+ billion dollars ill be able to change the laws but right now i have to eat the last of my spaghetti sauce and hope it nourishes me until friday night

my views on Sanders might be a bit incorrect because a lot of people im friends with that care about politics are lesbians on tumblr but it seems like he just wants the same things other countries have (free health care and reasonable education costs) in exchange for the people making billions of dollars paying some more
Thanks to TheNamelessBard for the signature
mastrer1000
<Editor>
mastrer1000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 14, 2015 10:43pm | Report
Teemoshy wrote:

To the other stuff, I was talking about mostly unemployment and food stamps and such rather than medicare which is my bad for being on a tangent.
Finally, I'm not a "I beat China all the time" Donald "Did you notice that baby was crying through half of the speech and I didn’t get angry?" Trump fan. He spouts out whatever comes to mind and his plans are super unrealistic but his initial point, illegal immigration is something that needs to be dealt with, not rewarded, is spot on. I just hope he isn't the candidate because he is too hasty and unprepared and can't stop himself from being a child on social media sites.

Why do you even have to deal with illegal immingration, why not let things stay the way they are? That way there? accodring to my extensive research(reddit), the mexicans(Iassume you are talking about them) are good, hardworking people. It is not like the states would have space issues with them. If 11 million workers would suddenly disappear over the border, it will have serious consequenses for your businesses.

Now that we got that out of the way, let's talk about food stamps and unemployment.
WHY THE HELL WOULD YOU NOT WANT THEM. There's your "hey, that guy over there doesn't earn enough money to feed his family. he deserves to die on the street because **** THE POOR"-mentality. It prohably isn't in the bible so you wouldn't know about it, but in your head there is this thing called brain. Try using it.
I AM NOT AFFECTED BY ELOHELL. NOOBS AND TROLLS NEVER RUIN MY RANKED GAMES.
I DON'T GET STUCK AND I NEVER GET ONLY 2LP FOR A WIN.

I AM UNRANKED.

also check out my Ryze guide
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 14, 2015 11:17pm | Report

Why do you even have to deal with illegal immingration, why not let things stay the way they are? That way there? accodring to my extensive research(reddit), the mexicans(Iassume you are talking about them) are good, hardworking people. It is not like the states would have space issues with them. If 11 million workers would suddenly disappear over the border, it will have serious consequenses for your businesses.

Exactly this imo. However, a lot of people say, "they're taking our jobs!" which, they technically are. But some of the jobs are just jobs that not a lot of people would even want to do. Like hot manual labor in orchards, or just manual labor in general. The Mexian people get paid very little to do the work too, which actually bugs me a lot. Anyway, not really my zone to talk about because, other than the "less jobs" thing, I don't know too much about it.

Now that we got that out of the way, let's talk about food stamps and unemployment.
WHY THE HELL WOULD YOU NOT WANT THEM. There's your "hey, that guy over there doesn't earn enough money to feed his family. he deserves to die on the street because **** THE POOR"-mentality. It prohably isn't in the bible so you wouldn't know about it, but in your head there is this thing called brain. Try using it.

No but the thing is, you can't just hand people money to keep living without working or else they'll want to do it forever, Kappa.

Honestly, I don't get it either. It's like, why not allow your people to live, and let them try to start working again? Lots of things confuse me about the American system of... everything. But it's really not my place to speak as an authority about it. There's really a bunch of things I'd change, especially about the schooling system. But that's a thread for a different day. :P
True love is found only in yourself.
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 15, 2015 4:55am | Report
Also, with regards to immigration:

For a lot of countries immigration is actually 100% necessary to maintain positive population growth and also therefore economic growth. In countries like Germany/Japan, the fertility rate is below the natural replacement rate of 2.1. Besides that, immigrants are often willing to take jobs that most 'natives' do not and they are often very hard-working.

Problems only start arising when immigrants get regarded as 'second-tier humans'. At that point the feeling of exclusion may cause (especially the younger generations) to 'rebel against society': drop out of school/work and often resort to criminality/violence.

The irony is that fear of immigrants is usually due to stereotypes of violence, and this fear then again causes exclusion and leads into violence. Therefore, the stereotype is self-enforcing.

Embracing wrote:

you know my friend whos in my uni who used to play on euw and was/is masters said the exact same thing

u 2 r the same person aren't you

To be honest I don't even start to grasp why Americans can take their own politicians seriously. The whole political system is a joke for a country that calls itself a democracy.
Nebrasketball
<Inhouse Regular>
Nebrasketball's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 15, 2015 5:00am | Report
Or it's that people are worried the illegal immigrants won't assimilate when Spanish has been projected to be the most spoken language in the US in a relatively short amount of time.
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 15, 2015 5:04am | Report
Or it's that people are worried the illegal immigrants won't assimilate when Spanish has been projected to be the most spoken language in the US in a relatively short amount of time.

Large part of that projection is not immigration: it's legal immigrants having higher birth rates than 'native' Americans. I'm not an expert on American demographics but I'm 99.9% sure that the birth rate for Spanish speaking is much higher than for the English speaking community. It's incredibly short sighted to amount all of that change to ILLEGAL immigration.

Also, I think it's quite ironic that that's something to be afraid of, considering the US is a melting pot of cultures and nationalities.

Final edit before I head off to university again: also, assimilation is something that is caused by two sides, not just one. You can't just say that these illegal immigrants do not want to assimilate themselves, it's usually that they don't get the chance to because they're labelled as illegal.
Nebrasketball
<Inhouse Regular>
Nebrasketball's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 15, 2015 5:23am | Report
So you're saying the projection is due to legal immigrants having high birth rates and the lack of assimilation is due illegal immigrants being labeled as illegal??

Also there is a big difference between a melting pot and tossed salad.
Jimmydoggga 2.0
<Member>
Jimmydoggga 2.0's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 15, 2015 5:28am | Report
Because if there's one thing Americans can't manage, it's being multilingual.
I mean if you have other evidence other than they still speak another language go ahead I'm listening,....

Basically MOBAFire.
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 15, 2015 5:29am | Report
can we not

this entire thread
can we just not?
Not here. Not on mobafire.
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 15, 2015 5:31am | Report
So you're saying the projection is due to legal immigrants having high birth rates and the lack of assimilation is due illegal immigrants being labeled as illegal??

No, I'm saying that is a (major) part of the equation: 11 million illegal immigrants don't turn a 350m country into a Spanish speaking one. Demographic factors do.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide