Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Feel The Bern!!!!

Creator: Mooninites October 13, 2015 11:21pm
125 posts - page 4 of 13
Jimmydoggga 2.0
<Member>
Jimmydoggga 2.0's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 15, 2015 5:33am | Report
can we not

this entire thread
can we just not?
Not here. Not on mobafire.

how on earth can you dislike American politics

Basically MOBAFire.
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 15, 2015 5:33am | Report
can we not

this entire thread
can we just not?
Not here. Not on mobafire.

First, sorry for double post but mobafire sucks on mobile. Second, its off topic, we can discuss politics here as long as it stays as civil as the American politics :^)
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 15, 2015 5:34am | Report
you both are funny guys. had a good chuckle.
Teemoshy
<Member>
Teemoshy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 15, 2015 6:50am | Report
@masterer at what point did I say get rid of welfare systems? I have simply said that they are e,ploitable. They need to be reformed a bit so that the people that need them can use them but junkies and moochers don't have such an easy time sucking funds from everyone.

The problem with illegal immigration is that these people arent using the proper channels to come bere and dont pay taxes yet, at least in california, they het to vote and get welcare that they havent paid into.

Finally please actually read my posts instead of assuming my beliefs.
"He's absolute dog****, mate."

-Thooorin, My thought whenever Luke Bryan or Sam Hunt come on the radio at work

Nebrasketball
<Inhouse Regular>
Nebrasketball's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 15, 2015 6:57am | Report
Vynertje wrote:

No, I'm saying that is a (major) part of the equation: 11 million illegal immigrants don't turn a 350m country into a Spanish speaking one. Demographic factors do.

What demographic factors are prohibiting immigrants from assimilating into US culture?
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 15, 2015 7:39am | Report
Teemoshy wrote:
First, I'm okay with government programs helping people out when they're in need. The issue is that these programs are always set up in a way that they are easily exploitable.......

..............My biggest point was that "Yay free ****" is a stupid ****ing mindset. That's the Obamaphone mindset where people just put their hand out saying "give me that guys stuff" rather than going out and getting it themselves. Maybe I am biased because I work my *** off but I just don't like what I work for going to pay for "free ****". It can be taken for responsible programs but not ****ing free iPhones and organizations that sell baby parts illegally.
First of all, can we just shut up about "selling baby parts illegally"? Those videos were heavily edited to make Planned Parenthood look as bad as possible and this isn't exactly the first time this kind of **** has been pulled to try to discredit Planned Parenthood. Also: can we stop saying a fetus is a baby? You don't call a dog zygote a puppy, do you? Second, some of us (not me, thank god, with all the people standing outside the clinic here harassing women) can't get care anywhere else, so taking away their funding just takes care away from impoverished women AND men who can't get it anywhere else. Because, guess what? Planned Parenthood provides care to men too. Also, I'm pretty sure it doesn't help the pro-birth (sorry, but not caring what happens to the kid after it's born only makes you pro-birth) movement in their war on abortion, since taking funding away stops them from giving affordable birth control to women, which, for the most part, prevents abortions from being necessary in the first place. Oh wait, I forgot, this has nothing to do with abortion or life and everything to do with shaming people for having sex (even if they used proper protection, which isn't 100% infallible) and using a fetus as punishment.

As far as the job thing goes, you know what I had to do to be able to get a good job? I had to move to another state. My brother too, actually, though him moving was mostly for other reasons. In some places, Rapid City, SD (my hometown) is a good example of this, there are more unemployed people than jobs. The people who get good jobs are people whose parents/other relatives get them those jobs where I'm from. Every person I knew who had a job worth having got it because someone they were related to knew the manager and put in a good word for them (or they were actually related to the manager). When I was still in SD, I sat for a little while without a job because of this and only got a job (and it was a ****ty job, at that) because, you guessed it, the manager knew my brother (he used to work at the business). It should be noted that Rapid City is the second largest city in South Dakota and is definitely a small city, not a "small town".

I work my *** off too, that included working two jobs and over 40 hours a week. I still couldn't get any insurance besides expanded medicaid here in North Dakota because my income last year was too low (I suspect it won't be that low this year, but that doesn't really matter in my life). That's the only reason I can get any health care at all, because, even now (my current job is pretty good), I can't afford to pay $150 to go to the doctor with the necessity to pay rent and bills. /rant

Quoted:
I have to admit that you are right about one thing though, if some company sells baby parts, you might wanna consider taking care of it.
They don't "sell baby parts". They offer women the option to donate their aborted fetuses to scientific research and were paid for it, completely legally, that's not the same thing. They've now announced they're no longer going to take money for donating fetal tissue, so the whole statement that they "sell baby parts" has only become more inaccurate. He's referring to a bunch of heavily edited videos that were released recently in an attempt to discredit Planned Parenthood which Planned Parenthood already proved were pretty much ********. They, at some of their clinics, provide *gasp* abortion services, which is why they're being demonized in the first place.
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 15, 2015 8:17am | Report

What demographic factors are prohibiting immigrants from assimilating into US culture?

I'm sorry, I should have quoted you more accurately. I was only responding to the part of demographic factors like differences in birth rate being a major cause in the change of dominant languages.

Now I think the most important thing for stimulating assimilation is actually some kind of acknowledgement of citizenship. If the state would start acknowledging immigrants and give them ways to learn the language, allow then to get a job etc. people would integrate much more easily.
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 15, 2015 8:21am | Report
Teemoshy wrote:
@masterer at what point did I say get rid of welfare systems? I have simply said that they are e,ploitable. They need to be reformed a bit so that the people that need them can use them but junkies and moochers don't have such an easy time sucking funds from everyone.

The problem with illegal immigration is that these people arent using the proper channels to come bere and dont pay taxes yet, at least in california, they het to vote and get welcare that they havent paid into.

Finally please actually read my posts instead of assuming my beliefs.

That's not the way it works. If you're illegal, you're not qualified for citizenship which also means you don't get tax payers benefits in pretty much the whole world. It is impossible to vote if you're not a legal citizen in the country.
mastrer1000
<Editor>
mastrer1000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 15, 2015 9:41am | Report
Teemoshy wrote:

Why should junkies be cut off welfare? The way I think it should work is that if you are eligible for welfare, you get a certain amount of money. You can use that money however you want, and if you buy drugs or anything else from it(it is a different issue that they are illegal, I am only focussing on the welfare money right now), you don't get cut off from welfare because you are an adult and able to make your own decisions. The welfare money shouldn't allow for enough leftover money to buy drugs without compromising on essential things like food.
All that would happen if you were to exclude junkies from welfare is to encourage stealing because being addicted means that the jumkies will do pretty much anything to get their trip.

The right "punishment" for illegal drug usage would be madatorily healing(english isn't my first language, I know healing isn't quite the correct term) them from their addiction.
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 15, 2015 9:51am | Report
I think the assumption is that 'being a junky/addict' is a conscious decision and therefore the community shouldn't pay for it.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide