Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Judge beats daughter

Creator: screwblum November 2, 2011 7:33pm
113 posts - page 3 of 12
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 12
Toshabi
<Veteran>
Toshabi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 5, 2011 7:54am | Report
Wayne3100 wrote:
Just take a minute and think about different ways of letting your kid know that what they did is wrong. You'll figure it out.

Smacking them across the face comes to mind next.
MrCuddowls wrote:

Hahahaha telling me my items are bad HHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAhA
Listen buddy don't judge someone's items if your only level 13
This build is Platinum approved, Thats all you need to know

Xiron
<Editor>
Xiron's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 5, 2011 8:53am | Report
Toshabi wrote:

Son: "Mommy look i stole this candy"
Mom: "Awww lemme give you a hug! You should know that that's wrong to do!"
Son: "But candy is good"
Mom: "Here's another hug! No it's not!"
Son: "Okay here have some!"
Mom: "WHY ISN'T THIS WORKING"!

Well this is the wrong way as well. No one will hate you if you shout at your kid. But beating it is just wrong.
Dont get me wrong!
I dont think that it's wrong to be angry at your children. You could give them something like house arrest.
Toshabi
<Veteran>
Toshabi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 5, 2011 9:39am | Report
Xiron wrote:

Well this is the wrong way as well. No one will hate you if you shout at your kid. But beating it is just wrong.
Dont get me wrong!
I dont think that it's wrong to be angry at your children. You could give them something like house arrest.

In this day and age, house arrest could pretty much be an average day for any kid nowadays with technology.
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 5, 2011 9:45am | Report
^ Certainly would be for me.
Fox Rage
<Member>
Fox Rage's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 5, 2011 9:59am | Report
There is a HUGE difference between punishing your chil, and beating them. If your child deserved it and did something terrible, give him a good slap in the face. He won't do it again. But that video takes it WAAAAAY farther than just punishment. The father is overdoing it far too much to be acceptable. Dont get me wrong, i'm agains't beating childrens, but as said earlier, there is a difference between punishment and beating. Just telling your child something is wrong, and hoping he'll never do it again, is just plain naive. But breaking all of his bones because he stole a candy is just plain stupid. The parents need to find the right balance. But that's just my opinion

+rep me and you'll get good karma, wich means you won't be reincarnated into a rock! Isn't that awesome?

But yes this idea has been discussed more than Pam Anderson's tits in a plastic surgeons office.
Toshabi
<Veteran>
Toshabi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 5, 2011 10:16am | Report
Fox Rage wrote:

But breaking all of his bones because he stole a candy is just plain stupid.

Swing and a miss old sport. Why don't you give it another try.
jhoijhoi wrote:

Also, I think the levels of immorality in this thread are astounding. You'd really throw a child off a boat for your own luggage? Wow.

DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 5, 2011 11:11am | Report
I'm not gonna lie~ What she got really was not a "Beating" that was a lickin' at best. Yeah the guy was layin' into it with the belt but belts don't even hurt that badly.

In my opinion, beatings involve fists, wooden objects, electrical cords, **** that actually does damage. **** that's actually going to impact you.

I do agree in a sense with some of what Toshabi is saying, but not everything he is saying. Mostly I'm agreeing that this wasn't a hard beating. A belt isn't even going to do more than leave a welt or a red mark.

I wouldn't agree that any logical man would hit their child. I would even go as far as to say a good parent could probably get most messages across without ever having to touch their child.

But I will also say that ever child is different, some are INSTINCTIVELY more rebellious and wild natured than others, and as a parent sometimes you run out of ideas/options and may be unsure of how to react.

If you're within the ages of 14-18, of course you're gonna feel like no child should ever be hit and anybody who thinks to hit a child should never have kids. But as you get older, and I mean over the age of 21, your views on children and views on teenagers between the ages of 14-18 do change and evolve and you look back on what happened to yourself and see things differently as well.

This is not a cliche thing guys, it happens to everybody when they get older. I can tell you now I was saying the same thing when I was 18, and now I can objectively say, I don't know what the **** I would do if I had a rebelious kid. Lol.
Toshabi
<Veteran>
Toshabi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 5, 2011 11:14am | Report
DuffTime wrote:
I do agree in a sense with some of what Toshabi is saying, but not everything he is saying. Mostly I'm agreeing that this wasn't a hard beating. A belt isn't even going to do more than leave a welt or a red mark.

Grow a set and agree 100% with me.
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 5, 2011 11:18am | Report
it's not the just physical hitting that makes it a beating. Screaming and swearing at your child does just as much damage mentally as hitting them would physically.
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 5, 2011 11:47am | Report
Well I don't 100% agree with you and my balls have nothing to do with that :3

Yeah Nameless but being hit does more to your psyche no matter how hard or soft it is.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 12

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide