Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Manga/Anime You Read/Watch

Creator: Jebus McAzn February 20, 2011 6:30pm
3336 posts - page 132 of 334
MrCuddowls
<Member>
MrCuddowls's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 7, 2013 5:22pm | Report
Yukimaru
<Member>
Yukimaru's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 8, 2013 12:43am | Report
Searz might have already linked it(I won't backtrack any of this I usually only read the next 3-5 posts after my last...and get sometimes pissed when smthing gets hyped 3 weeks later AFTER I mentioned it >_>) since I showed it to him in one of our private conversations and he knows I don't really care about this Forum, but I will go ahead anyways:
Koe no Katachi is a really good read, unless you are in hard into standard shounen **** you should give it a try...now that it is serialized it is worth mentioning. Just read the oneshot.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 8, 2013 3:07am | Report
Oh Cuddles, always making me laugh at your own expense.

And yeah, as Yuki said, Koe no Katachi is a really great read.
I hope it keeps up the quality.

Shino-chan wa Jibun no Namae ga Ienai has a similar tone and theme and is definitely worth checking out if you liked the Koe No Katachi oneshot. It's a very short series that ended in just 11 chapters.
""Toshabi took thy **** and strucketh Hotshot in his face 'thou art no god'" Toshabi 3:16" - Toshabi

"And then, TheJohn said something so Brazilian that it made all the Brazilians in Brazil turn to look at him" - Toshabi

"abloobloo ur triggering me" - Toshabi
MrCuddowls
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 8, 2013 7:48am | Report
Searz I want to just point out again that you have still not made a single opposing argument and simply called me funny.

Quoted:

You're ****ing hilarious.
Quoted:

Oh Cuddles, always making me laugh at your own expense.

What I said had nothing wrong with it at all. If you really can't make a counter argument then say so. You're trying to weed your way out of the conversation because you really just don't know how to ****ing respond to a perfectly logical statement.
Bioalchemist
<Editor>
Bioalchemist's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 8, 2013 10:31am | Report
lifebaka wrote:

In terms of non-anime stuff I'm watching right now, House of Cards has basically every anime I've ever watched beat in terms of character depth. Most characters in anime tend to be fairly simple, especially as a whole lot of them fit very neatly into only a dozen or so tropes. I don't really hold this against anime, though, because it's extremely difficult to make a character deep, believable, sympathetic, and likable all at the same time. Most media chooses to drop character depth in order to keep the other three, as losing any of them is generally worse than having not-so-deep characters. But I think that to have a good discussion of anime character depth we'd need to talk about specific characters. Which anime are you thinking of as having good character depth?

As for emotion... It depends on what emotions we're talking about. Few anime I've seen are good at portraying love, for example. Attraction, sure, but not love. There's a lot of anime that are pretty good at portraying struggle, as that's what a lot of shonen boil down to. And a lot of shojou, for that matter. But, again, I'm not sure that anime, as a whole, has really done a very good job of portraying complex or varied emotion. Not because it can't, but more because it just hasn't yet.

fair point. i think they developed characters like edward from FMA...you get to watch him grow up through the series. spike is fairly well developed throughout bebop. vash is also moderately well developed through trigun. though yes i agree they sacrifice character development for other things like action and so forth maybe i exaggerated to an extent (i tend to do that) the inability of non-animated film/tv to portray feelings...but i do have to say voice actors have to try far harder to portray emotion than live actors because they don't have the luxury of body language...maybe I am just someone who loves the emotion in the voice actors who portray characters like romi park...just strikes at me stronger than most live action stuff.

i think a good example of love is shown in howl's moving castle and princess mononoke...also tales of earthsea (though to a lesser extent than the previous two).

Thanks to jhoijhoi for my signature!

Yukimaru
<Member>
Yukimaru's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 8, 2013 12:25pm | Report
Cuddowls when do you stop with the 'But others said...' argument? Just because nearly every chinese eats rice doesn't make it tasty as a 'fact'.
MrCuddowls
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 8, 2013 2:41pm | Report
Yuki I am seriously confused about what you're trying to tell me. I'm not being rude but I just don't understand what this argument is.

If you are trying to attack the part of my response where I quoted another person's review then I simply ask you to ignore it and focus on what I said.

If you still want to challenge me on that then here is my reply: I quoted that review simply as an example of a critical analysis of a story. What the guy who wrote the review said is irrelevant to what I am saying. I am not acting like a child and doing the classic "BUT MOMMY SAID THIS" ********. I am making my own argument through my own knowledge of literature. Case closed.

I can't comprehend your Chinese rice analogy at all.

Quoted:

(In this setting, Lui has always looked up to his mother as his favorite person and is currently finishing lunch with his father)

Father: Lui, you should not eat anymore cookies.

Lui: But mommy said I can eat as many cookies as I want!

This is not what I am doing and it would behoove you to reread what I said again to actually understand what I am arguing.

EDIT: Searz you are on your honor as a person who has self proclaimed themselves to be superior to me in literature in every single way imaginable. Comon bro, make a valid counter argument. It has never taken you this long to reply to this thread.
YayaFTW
<Altruistic Artist>
YayaFTW's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 9, 2013 3:17am | Report
I watched the first episode of Kamisama no Memo-chou.

It was okay. The female protagonist is cutely and amazingly drawn so, yea that was sweet.

The plot seems better than expected though, at least for the episode 1. It reminded me of Gosick at a certain point (smart pretty little detective girl that never goes out of her room), yet they rarely share any other similarities.

Will carry on watching. So far it's not romcom-y enough, but had one casual fanservice scene (the usual "Kyaaah! Perv! Get out!")

Will update as I go on.
Bioalchemist
<Editor>
Bioalchemist's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 9, 2013 8:35am | Report
YayaFTW wrote:

but had one casual fanservice scene (the usual "Kyaaah! Perv! Get out!")

lol yup thats exactly how it goes hahaha well said.

Thanks to jhoijhoi for my signature!

IShouldGetALife
<Member>
IShouldGetALife's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 9, 2013 8:45am | Report
kamisama no memochou is heavens memo pad right?
If I have helped in anyway at all a +rep will be appreciated lots
Thanks to LaCorpse, Hogopogo and JhoiJhoi for the amazing sigs

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide