Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

Manga/Anime You Read/Watch

Creator: Jebus McAzn February 20, 2011 6:30pm
3336 posts - page 136 of 334
MrCuddowls
<Member>
MrCuddowls's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 14, 2013 11:11pm | Report
OMG BANANA MAN YOU MUST WATCH MONSTER
Meiyjhe
<Member>
Meiyjhe's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 15, 2013 1:22am | Report
YayaFTW wrote:

Another: One of the worth watching mystery anime out there. It has a bit of horror/thriller elements, so if you like Higurashi, you'll enjoy this anime.

Already watched it :3

Quoted:
Gosick: My favourite mystery anime. The cases are so intriguing and the main female character is fun to watch.

Mushishi: I didn't watch this one, but people claim that it's fairly one of the best mystery anime, and a good anime in general.

Going to watch it :D

MrCuddowls wrote:
OMG BANANA MAN YOU MUST WATCH MONSTER

Already watched it :P

Mowen wrote:
Yeah, it was pretty lighthearted, but I have been watching it recently and really enjoy it. :) It has some interesting ideas for committing murders / figuring out whodunit. I like the art. :3

When you said mystery I thought you meant like, detective / crime solver. Maybe you could elaborate a bit? Do you mean like, an anime with a mystery in it and you spend the anime trying to figure out what's going on?

I just also thought of one that applies to both, Gosick. A lot more recent anime than Conan and more serious.

Some mystery anime that I really loved were Higurashi, Monster and Hyouka. All of them are not that silly, but hold a more serious basis.

Higurashi was great because it was messed up, Monster was great because it was messed up, Hyouka was great because I totally understand the main character.

So basically, I want a mystery that is messed up :3

EDIT: Mushishi seems very interesting :O
Change is gooooood
Picture by: My valentine; jamespongebob <3
Want to advertise your guide, but don't know where? Click here for an opportunity of a lifetime!
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 15, 2013 1:45am | Report
Hahaha, some guy predicts the identity of the armored and colossal titans over a year (~15chapters, one per month) before it's revealed.
They hadn't even revealed who the female titan is when he figured it out.

I would suggest reading the manga to at least chapter 30 before reading this(or chapter ~44 if you don't wanna be spoiled. The anime might end around chapter 30, but you should probably read it anyways.
Here are the identities of the armored, colossal and female titans

Some of his ideas are wrong, but those are all minor. I noticed most of his big hints too.
This **** is amazing. Go read one of the most clever manga ever devised.
"Blizzard spoke thus; Thou shalt not BM. And the players replied Nay, I shall Play my hand with Lethal already on the board. And so Blizzard sent unto them this Brawl of Yogg, As a lesson for their sins of Pride and Greed, for he is the Prophet of Madness and RNG. On that day, the tavern descended into an era of chaos and darkness, until the weekend passed and everyone forgot all about it. Amen. Book of SMOrc, Verse 20, Chapter 4." - Feam T
devdevil
<Member>
devdevil's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 15, 2013 9:00am | Report
Watched Little Witch Academia and excited for episode 2 (even though it comes out in 2014...)

People who made my sigs: Hogopogo, The_Nameless_Bard, Aklemony, jhoijhoi, YayaFTW, and Janitsu
MrCuddowls
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 15, 2013 12:05pm | Report
If you have already watched monster than you shouldn't expect any mystery anime you watch now to be anywhere near as good.

My recommendations are a little out there since some people might not consider these mystery but here it goes.

Suzumiya Haruhi no Shou*****u - It's a movie but it's too good to really miss and there is mystery in it.
Mushishi
Mononoke (not the movie)
Kara no Kyoukai
Durarara
Ghost in The Shell
Yojouhan Shinwa Taikei
Detective Conan is actually really good.
Monogatari series (Bakemonogatari, Nisemonogatari, etc)
xxxHOLiC
Gankutsuou
Darker than Black: Kuro no Keiyakusha
Mirai Nikki
ef: A Tale of Memories (and it's sequels)
Kaiba
Gosick
East of Eden (and the movies)
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (YOU CAN'T DENY HARUHI BRO)

That's as far as I'll go since I've already really pushed it.
YayaFTW
<Altruistic Artist>
YayaFTW's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 15, 2013 3:02pm | Report
MrCuddowls wrote:

East of Eden (and the movies)

He means by that Eden of the East. Excuse him as always :3
IShouldGetALife
<Member>
IShouldGetALife's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 15, 2013 3:50pm | Report
The monogatari series looks really abstract (not necessarily a bad thing) and the male lead's voice annoys me, is it worth the watch anyway?
If I have helped in anyway at all a +rep will be appreciated lots
Thanks to LaCorpse, Hogopogo and JhoiJhoi for the amazing sigs
Bioalchemist
<Editor>
Bioalchemist's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 15, 2013 5:30pm | Report
has anyone seen Hotaru no haka (Grave of the Fireflies)...i had it recommended to me but reading the synopsis makes me want to cry...

also miyazaki has a new film that will be coming to the states soon. guess it is blowing up in japan.

"The Wind Rises"

check it out.

Thanks to Hogopogo for my signature!

MrCuddowls
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 15, 2013 5:40pm | Report
YayaFTW wrote:

He means by that Eden of the East. Excuse him as always :3

Haha I confused two things there.

If you have not read it, East of Eden is an amazing book.
YayaFTW
<Altruistic Artist>
YayaFTW's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 15, 2013 7:03pm | Report

The monogatari series looks really abstract (not necessarily a bad thing) and the male lead's voice annoys me, is it worth the watch anyway?

Yes. It's better than a fair amount of anime out there anyways. What are you gonna watch if it's not the monogatari series?

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide