Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Manga/Anime You Read/Watch

Creator: Jebus McAzn February 20, 2011 6:30pm
3336 posts - page 139 of 334
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 20, 2013 8:25am | Report
(had this tab open for a while, sorry for the late response)
Mowen wrote:

Case Closed (Detective Conan)

SO FUN

It's nothing special.
The author's complete unwillingness to progress the story is probably what annoys me the most.
"Gold can't buy you rape." - Mr Sark
XeresAce
<Member>
XeresAce's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 20, 2013 2:36pm | Report
Eyo, well I was wondering if Kara no Kyoukai is as good as it looks like?
Also I finished reading Seven Days, quite an enjoyable manga even if it was shouen-ai..ish
Pheyniex
<Member>
Pheyniex's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 20, 2013 4:09pm | Report
Searz wrote:

(had this tab open for a while, sorry for the late response)

It's nothing special.
The author's complete unwillingness to progress the story is probably what annoys me the most.

lots of money for lots of episodes. Better make some flat undeveloped plot.

As requested to GMD himself.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 21, 2013 3:44am | Report
Pheyniex wrote:

lots of money for lots of episodes. Better make some flat undeveloped plot.

Yeah, **** quality and artistic integrity.

--.--
YayaFTW wrote:

Another: One of the worth watching mystery anime out there. It has a bit of horror/thriller elements, so if you like Higurashi, you'll enjoy this anime.

Gosick: My favourite mystery anime. The cases are so intriguing and the main female character is fun to watch.

Mushishi: I didn't watch this one, but people claim that it's fairly one of the best mystery anime, and a good anime in general.

Mushishi is good. Definitely worth a watch. I dunno how much of a mystery theme it has, but it's good nonetheless.

Another and Gosick both seem very lame.
I've read one chapter of Another and it seems like some adolescent teenage fantasy (not fantasy as in orcs and elves) horror. It seems like it is making unnecessary excuses just for the sake of fitting a demographic.
Gosick also seems to have that problem. I mean, how ****ing reasonable is it to have a 15-year old girl and her teenage sidekick going around solving crime?
"You can't have your privacy violated if you don't know your privacy is violated." - Mike Rogers, U.S. Representative for Michigan's 8th congressional district, 2013
I.e: Mike Rogers doesn't think it's rape unless the victim knows (s)he has been raped. Sounds legit.
Pheyniex
<Member>
Pheyniex's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 21, 2013 9:33am | Report
After a small review from a funny youtuber i decided to take a peek at RWBY by roosterteeth.

As requested to GMD himself.
XeresAce
<Member>
XeresAce's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 21, 2013 6:18pm | Report
Quoted:
After a small review from a funny youtuber i decided to take a peek at RWBY by roosterteeth.

It's a good way to kill time + the music and action scenes are awesome

Anyways, I just finished Kara no Kyoukai: The garden of sinners and I have to say, I'm impressed.
I found all of the movies except the 6th one (which wasn't bad, just mediocre) to be spectacular. The series's unique way of portraying the story and the chronological order in which it was portrayed was very interesting. The animation was lovely. It didn't feel like the animation I've seen in other shows, it was very distinct to me and it gave me a surreal feeling while watching it. The maturity of the story is a big bonus too. Characters were seriously amazing. Music was amazing too, imo definitely one of Yuki Kajiura's best works.

Having said all of that I wouldn't recommend this anime to anyone. It can be disturbing at times if you get uncomfortable quickly. Some people might find the story hard to keep track of, others might be annoyed by the chronological order etc.

This is a series worthy of a very high rating, especially the 5th & 7th movie. I wonder why I had waited so long to watch it.

Overall I'd recommend this anime to anyone who likes action, mystery, philosophy and so on.

My opinion MIGHT sound biased but for once I think it's not. (even if this show does fit all of my preferred niches)
YayaFTW
<Altruistic Artist>
YayaFTW's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 22, 2013 3:45am | Report
Searz wrote:

Another and Gosick both seem very lame.
I've read one chapter of Another and it seems like some adolescent teenage fantasy (not fantasy as in orcs and elves) horror. It seems like it is making unnecessary excuses just for the sake of fitting a demographic.
Gosick also seems to have that problem. I mean, how ****ing reasonable is it to have a 15-year old girl and her teenage sidekick going around solving crime?

Concerning Another, rather than adolescent teenage fantasy horror, I'd say a mystery anime with way too much teen horror than there should be. It starts out awesome, but towards the very last episodes, it just turns to a 24 mins of "kill or get killed", with unnecessary gore scenes. That's what probably dragged it down. Nonetheless, maybe my opinion was influenced by the fact that I enjoyed watching it, but it is still decent if you lower your expectations :P

About Gosick, through the episodes I just started to let go those "illogic and unreasonable" facts, because, while the subplots may not be praise-worthy, the mystery and the cases to solve were definitely interesting.
IShouldGetALife
<Member>
IShouldGetALife's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 22, 2013 4:26am | Report
Are either of them dubbed at all? or both subbed, just wondering since if they are mystery I'd rather focus on the mystery instead of subs, all right if not though
If I have helped in anyway at all a +rep will be appreciated lots
Thanks to LaCorpse, Hogopogo and JhoiJhoi for the amazing sigs
Thatdudeinthecotton's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 22, 2013 9:03am | Report
*Finally realizes that after shingeki no kyojin erin became a robot so that he could defend earth from the apocalypse as a giant mech known only as a "Jaeger" in the movie....
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 22, 2013 11:27am | Report

*Finally realizes that after shingeki no kyojin erin became a robot so that he could defend earth from the apocalypse as a giant mech known only as a "Jaeger" in the movie....

Holy ****, lol. I only just noticed how the mechs in that movie have the same name as Eren (not Erin).
Coincidence?
I wonder if they both adapted it from the German word meaning hunter.

*Looks at sig*
Wtf dude. The author of One Piece is named Eiichiro Oda, not Oshiro Oda..
"Moral justification is a powerful disengagement mechanism. Destructive conduct is made personally and socially acceptable by portraying it in the service of moral ends." - Albert Bandura

"Ultimately, if people lose their willingness to recognize that there are times in our history when legality becomes distinct from morality, we aren't just ceding control of our rights to government, but our futures." - Edward Snowden

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide