Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Manga/Anime You Read/Watch

Creator: Jebus McAzn February 20, 2011 6:30pm
3336 posts - page 174 of 334
MrCuddowls
<Member>
MrCuddowls's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 8, 2013 12:01pm | Report
Here's all the information I was able to muster up about it.

Group: Delicio.us
Video: 1920x1080 10-bit h.264 (8357 kbps)
Audio: Japanese 5.1 FLAC (~2755 kbps)
English 5.1 FLAC (~2777 kbps) ALL 24-bit
Subtitles: English softsubs (.***) by Mazui,
Chihiro, R1, & Songs/Signs

So this is a 160 minute long movies. Equivalent to 8 episodes at 2gig each and I KNOW you have an episode or two at 2gig each. The package includes english and japanese audio, as well as subtitles from the groups Mazui and Chihiro as well as R1 subtitles which come with the DVD if you buy it. Most of the size comes from the video quality though, which is perfect.

Quoted:

I don't even know where to start with you, Cudd. Make another thread if you're interested in lengthy discussion on the subject. Suffice to say that it's very probably illegal and definitely against MOBAFire's terms of service/user agreement. (Thank you, SkidmarkD, for telling me what to look for in there.)

>"very probably"

Torrenting is not illegal, sorry.
Meiyjhe
<Member>
Meiyjhe's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 8, 2013 12:05pm | Report
Hi, I am Meiyjhe, and I am assisting this conversation
http://dehecile.hubpages.com/hub/The-real-reason-why-you-should-NOT-download-torrents
Change is gooooood
Picture by: Janitsudude

Want to advertise your guide, but don't know where? Click here for an opportunity of a lifetime!
lifebaka
<Member>
lifebaka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 8, 2013 12:43pm | Report
MrCuddowls wrote:

Again, Cudd, make a thread if you want to discuss this. I'm not going to comment further on the subject here.

Anyway. I'm going to stay closer to on topic now.

MrCuddowls wrote:

Most of the size comes from the video quality though, which is perfect.

This doesn't even make sense, Cudd. Quality is straight up limited by human perception. After that, differences quite literally do not matter. They're just unnecessary bulk in the files. There is no such thing as "perfect" quality. Stop bandying about hyperbolic terminology like that, and perhaps your thoughts will be taken more seriously on this forum.

Anyway, I can say with pretty much near certainty that audio qualities over about 198 kbps are unnecessary. The human ear is basically unable to tell the differences in bitrates higher than that. The exact quality where the human ear caps out depends on the exact audio content, though, and human speech requires comparatively little bitrate to sound good, so you could probably get away with a 128 kbps-average variable bitrate without having any detectable change in how it sounds. FLAC audio on something like this is ridiculously stupid amounts of overkill, unless you've got some really weird usage patterns for your anime.

I'm not as knowledgeable about the specifics of video quality, unfortunately, so I can't really give an informed opinion on the quality you listed. Still, you could knock both the audio qualities down to 320 kbps easily without losing anything. Which, as far as I can tell, would take about a third off of the size of the download, easily.
OTGBionicArm wrote: Armored wimminz = badass.

My posts may be long. If this bothers you, don't read them.
MrCuddowls
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 8, 2013 1:22pm | Report
Anyway... Searz, I have a question for you:

Lets say there is a very unfortunate person somewhere. One day, he wakes up to a world completely different from the one he had been in. This new world is an indescribable utopia and in it, this person no longer encounters any misfortune. In the space of one night, someone whisked him away from hell and brought him to heaven. However, this person did not wish for that to happen. He was taken by someone he doesn't know, whose intentions he did not know, and whose identity will remain a mystery.

In this case, should this person be happy?
Meiyjhe
<Member>
Meiyjhe's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 8, 2013 1:23pm | Report
MrCuddowls wrote:

Depends on the person
Change is gooooood
Picture by: Janitsudude

Want to advertise your guide, but don't know where? Click here for an opportunity of a lifetime!
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 8, 2013 1:24pm | Report
Meiyjhe wrote:

Is this serious? Like, really?

This person has no ****ing clue..
Dumbest post I've seen in a while, not counting posts from Cuddles.
MrCuddowls wrote:

Allow me to reiterate:
"They're legally questionable. Torrenting in and of itself is not illegal, but downloading other peoples' backups (rips) of copyrighted content is illegal unless you own a copy of it, and seeing as it's very hard to prove or check for such things it's very much in murky waters."
"Nothing says I like you more than letting you drink my filtered urine." - deityignis

"MY WHOLE LIFE IS A WANK." - WTTNHK

"There are boobs...LOTS OF BOOBS. And then Obama comes out of no where." - JEFFY40HANDS, on Air Gear
MrCuddowls
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 8, 2013 1:26pm | Report
WOW you too searz?

Did you that you can download TERA using a torrent file hosted by ENMASSE, and it is 100% LEGAL.
http://tera.enmasse.com/download

MIND = BLOWN
Meiyjhe
<Member>
Meiyjhe's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 8, 2013 1:27pm | Report
Searz wrote:

Is this serious? Like, really?

This person has no ****ing clue..
Dumbest post I've seen in a while, not counting posts from Cuddles.

pls am da most serius man on earth :O
Change is gooooood
Picture by: Hogopogo
XeresAce
<Member>
XeresAce's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 8, 2013 1:31pm | Report
Cudd bro
Searz wrote:
Allow me to reiterate:
"They're legally questionable. Torrenting in and of itself is not illegal, but downloading other peoples' backups (rips) of copyrighted content is illegal unless you own a copy of it, and seeing as it's very hard to prove or check for such things it's very much in murky waters."

Of course downloading a game that is otherwise free to download for everyone off a torrent is not going to be illegal.
Thanks to GrandmasterD for the sig!
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 8, 2013 1:46pm | Report
lifebaka wrote:

This doesn't even make sense, Cudd. Quality is straight up limited by human perception. After that, differences quite literally do not matter. They're just unnecessary bulk in the files. There is no such thing as "perfect" quality. Stop bandying about hyperbolic terminology like that, and perhaps your thoughts will be taken more seriously on this forum.

Actually, there is such a thing as perfect quality. It's called lossless.
But Cuddles is taking an entirely subjective approach to the term, which makes his statements nonsense.
MrCuddowls wrote:
Group: Delicio.us
Video: 1920x1080 10-bit h.264 (8357 kbps)
Audio: Japanese 5.1 FLAC (~2755 kbps)
English 5.1 FLAC (~2777 kbps) ALL 24-bit
Subtitles: English softsubs (.***) by Mazui,
Chihiro, R1, & Songs/Signs

So this is a 160 minute long movies. Equivalent to 8 episodes at 2gig each and I KNOW you have an episode or two at 2gig each. The package includes english and japanese audio, as well as subtitles from the groups Mazui and Chihiro as well as R1 subtitles which come with the DVD if you buy it. Most of the size comes from the video quality though, which is perfect.

No Cuddles, I'm pretty sure the video quality isn't perfect. I'm sure it's very close to, but still not quite there. The audio is though.
Something you might wanna know about encoding: lossless = perfect quality
FLAC is a lossless audio compression codec, which means that audio encoded with FLAC will have perfect quality.
Videos in lossless quality nowadays are incredibly rare. It might be common in ~10 years from now.

Also, why would I want 5.1 audio?
I would much rather have 2.0 audio, because that would cut the size by more than half. I mean, I'm pretty sure I won't be using any home theater setup any time the next 10 years or so.
The audio alone takes ~6GB of this release, it would probably be about 2GB with 2.0 audio, even with lossless quality. You could go even further and compress the audio to AAC or OGG Vorbis 320 kbps and get the size down to about 500MB, saving another 1.5GB.
The great majority of people won't notice the difference between 320kbps lossy encoding and lossless encoding. FLAC takes about 4 times as much space, and for movies it's often pretty unnecessary.

Lossless is mainly good for when you wanna keep the quality from degrading when you re-encode things.
When you encode something in a lossy way you lose parts of the quality, so if you do that again to the file that already lost parts of its quality then that file is obviously only gonna lose more of its quality every time you re-encode it.
So I try to get all my favorite music in FLAC, even if I don't really need it.
MrCuddowls wrote:

Irrelevant to any ongoing discussion, but:
YUP

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide