Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Manga/Anime You Read/Watch

Creator: Jebus McAzn February 20, 2011 6:30pm
3336 posts - page 176 of 334
MrCuddowls
<Member>
MrCuddowls's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 9, 2013 3:59am | Report
Searz wrote:

Yo Cuddles, I found a version of the movie with perfect(lossless) quality on Nyaa torrents. Enjoy, ONLY 34GB!

Yeah, that attitude needs to stop.

But no, those are actually not versions of codecs, they're sound channels. 5.1 means 5 speakers+1 subwoofer(that is used for base sounds), which is normal surround sound, 2.0 means 2 speakers, which is normal stereo. I don't have a surround sound system, so 5.1 audio is useless to me. (and I don't plan on getting one either)
And as you might imagine, the size is significantly larger when you have 5(+1) audio channels instead of 2. The size is almost 3 times larger with 5(+1) channels.

Eh, I might, but I've got other stuff with way higher priority.

The last one I linked didn't make it to 4 gig.
Also realize that you can use 5.1 with 2.0 speakers.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 9, 2013 4:28am | Report
MrCuddowls wrote:

Also realize that you can use 5.1 with 2.0 speakers.

Of course I know that. Did you really think I wouldn't know something as basic as that when I've lectured you on more advanced things?

Maybe you should try realizing that 5.1 sound takes up THREE TIMES more space than 2.0 sound? I've only mentioned it like three times by now, but it still doesn't seem to sink in.
"every now and again you come across a game that has so little emotional connection to who you are that you end up standing there, gazing at the screen and saying "I'm just pressing buttons and my life has no meaning,"" - Colin Campbell
Bioalchemist
<Editor>
Bioalchemist's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 9, 2013 9:30am | Report
might look into non non biyori and tokyo ravens.

thanks for the summaries baka.

Thanks to jhoijhoi for my signature!

MrCuddowls
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 9, 2013 11:41am | Report
Searz wrote:

Of course I know that. Did you really think I wouldn't know something as basic as that when I've lectured you on more advanced things?

Maybe you should try realizing that 5.1 sound takes up THREE TIMES more space than 2.0 sound? I've only mentioned it like three times by now, but it still doesn't seem to sink in.

OK bro I understand. I linked you to a 3.4 gig release. Is that small enough for you?
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 9, 2013 12:03pm | Report
Okay, anybody else watching the 50% Off parodies?

<3 Nagisa 43vr

Also, here's the creator of the show in an awesome shirt (not the one in the video).
"Doing something, almost being done, then parents come in and don't let you finish.
Yes, I had a rough childhood." - devdevil
MrCuddowls
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 9, 2013 12:16pm | Report
Alright Searz, I see how it is.
lifebaka
<Member>
lifebaka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 9, 2013 12:52pm | Report
Searz wrote:

But no, those are actually not versions of codecs, they're sound channels.

Woops, proved my own point. I should've known that, too.

Searz wrote:

Okay, anybody else watching the 50% Off parodies?

I didn't realize these were a thing. I watched the better part of Free!, but I don't think I care enough to follow up with any parodies about it. The prologue to 50% Off! was very amusing, though.

thanks for the summaries baka.

Glad to be of service. I'm doin' this mostly because I know that the synopses of all these anime are just completely useless. I've said it before, but there are so many anime with good premises which turn out terrible and so many anime with stupid premises that turn out good.

And maybe it also starts up discussions about these anime right at the start of the season, too. It'd be nice to be talking about anime as we go through them, sorta' like what happened with Shingeki no Kyojin.
OTGBionicArm wrote: Armored wimminz = badass.

My posts may be long. If this bothers you, don't read them.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 9, 2013 1:32pm | Report
lifebaka wrote:

I didn't realize these were a thing. I watched the better part of Free!, but I don't think I care enough to follow up with any parodies about it. The prologue to 50% Off! was very amusing, though.

I haven't seen anything from Free!, I'm just watching the parodies because Nagisa is ****ing hilarious(he's not even talking in ep1, I believe), and there's nothing about them that needs the viewer to have seen the show as far as I can see.
Watch ep2 and see. That's when I got hooked.
"Doing something, almost being done, then parents come in and don't let you finish.
Yes, I had a rough childhood." - devdevil
IShouldGetALife
<Member>
IShouldGetALife's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 10, 2013 4:25am | Report
I just watched a bit of Zero no Tsukaima dubbed on YT, and I have to say I found it hilariously bad and I usually can sit through the bad dubs (Elfen Lied and Kanokon spring to mind). Also I am really liking the FMA manga, are there any other series similar in the least that are worth reading/watching?
If I have helped in anyway at all a +rep will be appreciated lots
Thanks to LaCorpse, Hogopogo and JhoiJhoi for the amazing sigs
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 10, 2013 6:20am | Report

Also I am really liking the FMA manga, are there any other series similar in the least that are worth reading/watching?

Vinland Saga, SNK(which I belive you're reading already) and possibly Feng Shen Ji.
I just started reading Vinland Saga myself. It's pretty good so far.

Silver Spoon is also very similar in artstyle, but that's almost a given since they have the same author.
"Blizzard spoke thus; Thou shalt not BM. And the players replied Nay, I shall Play my hand with Lethal already on the board. And so Blizzard sent unto them this Brawl of Yogg, As a lesson for their sins of Pride and Greed, for he is the Prophet of Madness and RNG. On that day, the tavern descended into an era of chaos and darkness, until the weekend passed and everyone forgot all about it. Amen. Book of SMOrc, Verse 20, Chapter 4." - Feam T

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide