Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Manga/Anime You Read/Watch

Creator: Jebus McAzn February 20, 2011 6:30pm
3336 posts - page 257 of 334
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 10, 2014 3:25pm | Report
Anyone watching Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei? I'm just starting the second episode and it seems fun. What do y'all think?
astrolia
<Fabulous>
astrolia's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 10, 2014 3:28pm | Report
I think you misspelled "the incest anime starring jesus".
hi embracing. yes i play ff14 now.
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 10, 2014 3:31pm | Report
astrolia wrote:
I think you misspelled "the incest anime starring jesus".

Ok LOL
xIchi
<Member>
xIchi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 10, 2014 3:45pm | Report
There is a jesus in there?
read the manga to some point, but they started talking and the plot slowed down and became lame.
So yeh :/ Didnt evne bother to watch the anime.
Joxuu
<Fabulous>
Joxuu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 10, 2014 3:50pm | Report
Vynertje wrote:
Anyone watching Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei? I'm just starting the second episode and it seems fun. What do y'all think?

I've watched all episodes so far. It's good, worthy to watch.

"A person giving you advice isn't perfect and has their own shortcomings but they may give you the piece that you're missing."
astrolia
<Fabulous>
astrolia's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 10, 2014 4:11pm | Report
hi embracing. yes i play ff14 now.
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 10, 2014 5:51pm | Report

x) That's hilarious lol. It's also so true
lifebaka
<Member>
lifebaka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 10, 2014 6:57pm | Report
xIchi wrote:
read the manga to some point, but they started talking and the plot slowed down and became lame

Yeah, Mahouka is super slow. In some 18 episodes, we managed to cover events that could've probably taken more like four. I'm not sure that "talking" is really the culprit (READ HULK ESSAY), and certainly the silly explanations of magic are no worse than what many similar anime indulge in (i.e. Bleach). I don't really think that events would play out any faster if people talked less, at least. The pacing is just brutally slow.

That said, I wouldn't say that it being slow is necessarily a reason to skip it. It's worth giving a shot, certainly, as long as the oh-Japan-why-are-you-so-weird obvious incest tension or its harem tendencies don't bother you overmuch. Or it being very oh-Japan-why-are-you-so-weird about what's considered proper attire for women and how people aren't really supposed to touch each other; for some reason, future-magic-******** setting seems to have feudal Japanese sensibilities about these things.

It follows the style of shonen that deals primarily in plot arcs rather than having a real unifying plot for the whole series, so there's that to keep in mind. It'll spend nine-ish episodes per plot, if current trends continue, and so far I've seen basically nothing building towards a more complicated, involved, or long-lived conflict that could span multiple of these plotlines. I'm worried that it's going to go the route of cranking out a massive number of episodes, turning into a long-running shonen show, but I don't figure we'll really know until we start seeing episodes past 26 without an obvious season finale.

Official lifebaka RatingTM: Computers are actually magic / 10
OTGBionicArm wrote: Armored wimminz = badass.

My posts may be long. If this bothers you, don't read them.
XeresAce
<Member>
XeresAce's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 10, 2014 10:00pm | Report
Just finished watching legend of korra book 3 episode 10.
Spoiler: Click to view
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 11, 2014 2:33pm | Report

Spoiler: Click to view
"I saw [Twilight: Eclipse] in theaters with a girl I was dating at the time. I spent more time staring at my toes and wiggling them than I did watching this abomination. When Edward proposed to Blank Face, I finally looked up with a revelation.
I blurted out loud, in a dead silent theater full of teenage girls on opening night "Wait a minute, Edward has no blood flow. How does he get an erection?" I heard several men laughing, and had several girls turn and stare at me.

I did not get laid that night." - Berengier817

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide