Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Manga/Anime You Read/Watch

Creator: Jebus McAzn February 20, 2011 6:30pm
3336 posts - page 253 of 334
XeresAce
<Member>
XeresAce's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 30, 2014 6:29am | Report
I'm watching Mondaiji Taichi right now, it's soooooooo much fun to watch xD

I'm only on episode six but I think this show is definitely going to get an 8/10 from me... I don't really care about the "obvious" flaws, it's extremely enjoyable, ignores random cliche's you find in every action anime and the characters are all super likeable in my opinion.

(Bonus points for the characters not starting out weak, for the main guy characters not getting nosebleeds every 10 minutes, for the main boob jiggling character not being a tsundere, for the side characters not being useless at all and for all of the main casts' attitudes being the exact opposite of the wimpy, overly careful main characters in every ****ing anime)
xIchi
<Member>
xIchi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 30, 2014 7:29am | Report
XeresAce wrote:
I'm watching Mondaiji Taichi right now, it's soooooooo much fun to watch xD

I'm only on episode six but I think this show is definitely going to get an 8/10 from me... I don't really care about the "obvious" flaws, it's extremely enjoyable, ignores random cliche's you find in every action anime and the characters are all super likeable in my opinion.

(Bonus points for the characters not starting out weak, for the main guy characters not getting nosebleeds every 10 minutes, for the main boob jiggling character not being a tsundere, for the side characters not being useless at all and for all of the main casts' attitudes being the exact opposite of the wimpy, overly careful main characters in every ****ing anime)

Word!
XeresAce
<Member>
XeresAce's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 30, 2014 9:48am | Report
Finished watching Mondaiji Taichi... THIS ANIME NEEDS A S2!
xIchi
<Member>
xIchi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 1, 2014 1:44am | Report
Indeed, but the novel doesn't have enough volumes, yet. I guess..

Well.

I watched Persona 4 Golden today and noticed alot of people want the action scenes to start, like wat?
Didn't they learn from the last P4 The Animation? The fighting scenes were super garbage and not fun to watch at all. The fights had no real progression as the characters in game use the same spells over and over and do not really develope. In fact, in P4 The Animation, they never used spells with their name, instead they just summoned the personas and let them 'autoattack'.

Right now P4G is a super awesome slapstick-slice of life, a genre I never liked to watch. But the main character stays awesome and the humor is fine.
A minus is the rigid animation. Did not check which studio is making this season, but they cannot catch up to FUNimation/Aniplex :/.
Sometimes the eyes look really derp and the overall level of details is disappointing.
XeresAce
<Member>
XeresAce's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 1, 2014 10:35am | Report
I might watch it sometime, though art tends to really bother me xD
Thanks to GrandmasterD for the sig!
xIchi
<Member>
xIchi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 3, 2014 11:28am | Report
Sword **** Online II - Episode 5:

Overall rating, in which I will use the numeric system:
3/10 - no change in rating for me.

Generic developement,
generic loser MC Kirito,
generic tsundere,
generic antagonist.

To use the approved system: generic ****/10

The only PLUS this series got this season, yet is:
Kirito did not stumble and fell onto some girl's breast, grope her and get slapped in the first 20 mins.

INSTEAD he got into a changing room with a girl and saw her in underwear, totally overreacted and got slapped!
Latest Legend
<Member>
Latest Legend's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 3, 2014 12:31pm | Report
xIchi wrote:
Kirito did not stumble and fell onto some girl's breast, grope her and get slapped in the first 20 mins.

INSTEAD he got into a changing room with a girl and saw her in underwear, totally overreacted and got slapped!
I guess they're already breaking their heads over what mind-blowingly innovative scenes they can come up with for the next season.

I've watched about four episodes of Toky ESP so far. Looks like they made episode 1 and then they realized they needed a plot too. And their art budget got nerfed. But it's fantasy so it's k. I think it could've been a lot better though. Maybe it'll get better.
Plot for as far as it's possible after 4 eps
If you didn't catch my drift, so far I would not recommend it.
********'s a pretty good fertilizer
xIchi
<Member>
xIchi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 3, 2014 1:13pm | Report
Haha what could it be!

I dropped Tokyo ESP at minute 3 (actualy screentime, take out the OP). Recycled characters to let fanboys go with it. Apart from that, not recommended.
lifebaka
<Member>
lifebaka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 3, 2014 3:54pm | Report
xIchi wrote:
Sword **** Online II - Episode 5:

{snip}

To use the approved system: generic ****/10

Yeah, SAO2 so far hasn't been that stellar. It's popular, though, and that gives it a large production budget, which shows. It's just not exactly inspired. It's the supreme elevation of mediocrity, I think. Which makes it a damn lot better than most anime.

Of course, I'm also starting to think that its simplicity and mediocrity are actually really valuable. It's not the best anime, sure, but a lot of the best anime are reacting to, engaging with, and influenced by things that other anime do. SAO and SAO2 aren't like that; they stand by themselves really well. They're really good starter anime, to get people into watching all the weird stuff we watch but with a much shallower learning curve.

Also, seriously, while I'll acknowledge that scene as totally being typical anime fare, at least the characters involved reacted reasonably and believably. We call out typical anime ******** not because it's typical for anime--we watch the stuff, so presumably we've grown to like its idiosyncrasies--but because it's ********. And it's ******** because the characters don't react in reasonable, believable, or appropriate ways to the (standardized and trope-y) situations they find themselves in. So yeah, that was a trope-y situation, but at least Kirito and Sinon are behaving more like how I'd expect reasonable people to behave in that situation.

I've got a bit of a habit of defending SAO when faced with clear dislike of it, in case it isn't clear. I'm not a giant fan of SAO, but I worry that your hate of it blinds you to a lot of the things that the show is doing better than most anime.

I've watched about four episodes of Toky ESP so far. Looks like they made episode 1 and then they realized they needed a plot too. And their art budget got nerfed. But it's fantasy so it's k. I think it could've been a lot better though. Maybe it'll get better.

There have only been four episodes so far. But yeah, it's not looking good for Tokyo ESP. It didn't even start strong, and now it's floundering.

I doubt it's going to get better. Storytelling doesn't magically get better in the middle of a show. You'd have to completely change the writing staff to fix this show's issues, and that's just not a realistic solution while the show's already airing.

The stuff about the art isn't why the show's bad. It's just easier to see and latch on to. Film Crit Hulk has a great writeup on the phenomenon, but be aware that it's a bit long.

xIchi wrote:
I dropped Tokyo ESP at minute 3 (actualy screentime, take out the OP). Recycled characters to let fanboys go with it. Apart from that, not recommended.

Eh, cameos aren't problematic. They're just fanservice, if not of the type that we normally use the term to refer to. I can hardly blame the mangaka for sticking in some throwaway sequences with characters from other series. If done well, they heighten the engagement for longtime fans without breaking the flow of the narrative, so it's just a net positive. Now, we can argue about whether or not the cameos in Tokyo ESP are good, but it's not reasonable to argue that cameos themselves are inherently bad.

And now I must contribute something new to talk about, I think. I rewatched the first episode of Zankyou no Terror with my brother, and he had the insight that the cinematography, especially the color palette and shot framing, seem to be highly influenced by trends in contemporary American TV (i.e. Breaking Bad, the US House of Cards, Game of Thrones). He also thought that the OP felt a lot more like an American TV show than most anime. Is anyone else watching this to confirm that the two of us aren't just seeing things?
OTGBionicArm wrote: Armored wimminz = badass.

My posts may be long. If this bothers you, don't read them.
xIchi
<Member>
xIchi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 3, 2014 4:17pm | Report
I never pay attention to OPs but Zankyou no Terror makes alot of things better than animes, which are mostly believeable decisions and reactions.
Mostly seen in said American TV shows, indeed.

About my SAO post:
Yes, I am indeed a clear hater of Sword **** Online II,
but in a discussion with Searz, like 50 pages back, I also made clear that I appreciate the entertainment value and I do appreciate the action scenes, mostly due to the budget.

But the action scenes awell, were lackluster in the 4 first episodes :/

This pretty much is 100% my opinion on SAO:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjytC-rIC8U

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide