Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Manga/Anime You Read/Watch

Creator: Jebus McAzn February 20, 2011 6:30pm
3336 posts - page 254 of 334
XeresAce
<Member>
XeresAce's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 3, 2014 8:57pm | Report
Im about 1/3rd in to the 5th episode of tokyo ghoul and I have trouble telling if the blue haired creep is hungry for Kaneki's flesh or for his ****

EDIT: This episode was far better than the previous one. Tokyo Ghoul rating back to 8/10
xIchi
<Member>
xIchi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 4, 2014 4:33am | Report
XeresAce wrote:
Im about 1/3rd in to the 5th episode of tokyo ghoul and I have trouble telling if the blue haired creep is hungry for Kaneki's flesh or for his ****

EDIT: This episode was far better than the previous one. Tokyo Ghoul rating back to 8/10

He is up for his flesh, cause for him the taste of flesh is also a persons behavior (that's why kaneki's ''sisters'' have a ''hard'' taste for him)

Also consider watching the blu-ray or read the manga, since the anime is heavily censored
XeresAce
<Member>
XeresAce's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 4, 2014 10:15am | Report
^Lmao I was trying to be sarcastic because the terms the blue guy used were hinting towards climaxing LOL

I thought he just wanted to eat him cause he was a ghoul with the scent of a human? and later on because he found out he was a (very rare) one eyed ghoul?

Haven't gotten to the part with any mention of the sisters xD

I don't really mind the censoring for now, but I will give the show a rewatch in bluray :3 YAY FOR GUTS!
Thanks to GrandmasterD for the sig!
lifebaka
<Member>
lifebaka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 4, 2014 10:37am | Report
Better idea: Just don't watch Tokyo Ghoul. It's bad.

Seriously, there are much more effective ways to be disturbing and horrific than just showing guts. Guts are the easy way out, the childish way of trying to be horror.

As far as censorship in Tokyo Ghoul goes... It feels unnecessary. None of the censored scenes I saw needed to be censored. The nudity and gore was used entirely for shock value, not for any real effect. The show would be equally effective if without either. Hell, perhaps it'd be better if it wasn't relying on shock and titillation to keep the audience's interest and had to use plot instead.

I've dropped the show. I didn't finish episode 3, and I simply can't be bothered to come back and finish it, much less move on. I can enjoy a good dark story, but I really can't stand one that tries to consistently shove my face in its (poorly done) dark elements.
OTGBionicArm wrote: Armored wimminz = badass.

My posts may be long. If this bothers you, don't read them.
xIchi
<Member>
xIchi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 4, 2014 11:00am | Report
lifebaka wrote:
Better idea: Just don't watch Tokyo Ghoul. It's bad.

Seriously, there are much more effective ways to be disturbing and horrific than just showing guts. Guts are the easy way out, the childish way of trying to be horror.

As far as censorship in Tokyo Ghoul goes... It feels unnecessary. None of the censored scenes I saw needed to be censored. The nudity and gore was used entirely for shock value, not for any real effect. The show would be equally effective if without either. Hell, perhaps it'd be better if it wasn't relying on shock and titillation to keep the audience's interest and had to use plot instead.

I've dropped the show. I didn't finish episode 3, and I simply can't be bothered to come back and finish it, much less move on. I can enjoy a good dark story, but I really can't stand one that tries to consistently shove my face in its (poorly done) dark elements.

Yeah, don't watch it. Tho, I never started it due to already reading the manga and the to be expected bad way they adapted it.

From the style of the manga, you would already see a major difference in art style that just fits the story better. And I can't really remember any gut scenes lol.
XeresAce
<Member>
XeresAce's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 4, 2014 4:26pm | Report
Guys, are you sure all the hate on tokyo ghoul isn't just blind? :o

It really isn't that much worse than half of the other anime series out there... I see no reason to claim its unwatchable when you claim SAO has its niche and is watchable?

I'm enjoying it so far. The series has a (in my opinion) very nice artstyle and I also happen to like the character design.

The nudity and gore appeal to me - they really don't shock you at all... it's not like it was unexpected in a show like this, which is why I do not believe they actually rely on shock value.

I like the soundtrack (and I like it a LOT, especially the opening) and setting, too. Sure the story seems pretty badly done and the characters' emotions are sort of badly portrayed, but it's still far from unwatchable.

Granted, I'm almost positive this show is going to get either a 7/10 or 6/10 from me in the end, due to the fact that it already seems rushed and probably wont have enough time to do anything and end up with a less than satisfying ending, but it definitely isn't unwatchable.

This show is edgy. Not deep, dark or heavily psychological. I don't see it as "the struggles of a human who is forced to kill" type of show, more like "the daily life of a (slightly odd) ghoul"... hence the violence in this series, to me, is about as shocking as a butcher killing a chicken.
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 4, 2014 4:31pm | Report
XeresAce wrote:
G I see no reason to claim its unwatchable when you claim SAO has its niche and is watchable?

SAO is fun. It has good character development, a funny (but -slightly- perverted) sense of humour and if you like the setting it's a really good watch. I also absolutely love the soundtracks.

On that note, is anyone watching SAO 2?
xIchi
<Member>
xIchi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 4, 2014 4:57pm | Report
Vynertje wrote:

SAO is fun. It has good character development, a funny (but -slightly- perverted) sense of humour and if you like the setting it's a really good watch. I also absolutely love the soundtracks.

On that note, is anyone watching SAO 2?

Please,
are you trolling?

SAO and fun?
SAO and good character developement???
(SRSLY?) Asuna introduced as badass main female lead, turns into a tsundere that can't do anything without that ****ty whimp of ****ty mc Kirito?

funny and slightly perverted sense of humor?
You mean generic ****ty events that happen in 95% of all other generic **** animes?

Setting and soundtrack, I agree. Pretty gud

And, yeah I am watching SAO 2, mostly to laugh how ****ty it is.
3/10 right now, and this is the dangerous numeric rating system.
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 4, 2014 5:04pm | Report
That hurt mkay :(

SAO 2 definitely isn't good - I must admit - although I do like it a lot regardless.
IPodPulse
<Altruistic Artist>
IPodPulse's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 4, 2014 5:28pm | Report
I enjoyed SAO, but there are some obvious faults as mentioned by other users.

I loved the artwork and soundtrack, it really made the anime look and sound great.

I also loved the idea of being trapped in a video game, the way they introduced it was real awesome and it really helped set up the main plot.

But then it goes bad, some obvious things like the huge time skips, the countless Dues ex machina moments, the really bad character build up, and the girl who falls in love with the mc in a matter of days. Not to mention the weird incest part going on in part 2.

The anime itself could have been better, it's not as good as the fanboys/girls make it seem and it also isn't as bad as the haters make it seem
If you found me helpful give me some +Rep :)
Signature Shop!|Tryndamere Guide|Rengar Guide

You got Destiny for Ps4? Why not play some missions together?

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide