Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Manga/Anime You Read/Watch

Creator: Jebus McAzn February 20, 2011 6:30pm
3336 posts - page 125 of 334
YayaFTW
<Altruistic Artist>
YayaFTW's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 1, 2013 11:26pm | Report
devdevil wrote:

OKAY OKAY GREAT NEWS FAIRY TAIL IS STARTING BACK UP (sorry, don't know when):

(source: Tumblr)

Super excited, I'll try to post updates.

I tried clicking the "Show spoiler" button 3 times. This is the kind of stuff that lets me know it's time to go to bed.

But before that, I finished watching Gunslinger Girl Season 1

I started watching season 2. I dropped it after the first 10 secs of the first episode.

The thing I hate MOST in anime is when they switch from a highly notorious production studio, to an incompetent pile of horse **** one in between the seasons because they lack the time/money to carry on with the original studio. I will drop every single anime that does that.

The art and soundtrack on season 1 was sweet since it was made by Madhouse Studios. Then I started watching season 2 Ep 1, the characters didn't even look similar, they were younger, their voice made me cringe, and the art was done in ****ing MS Paint.

I will come back to this later, for now I'll just talk about how season 1 was.

The thing is that the synopsis is misleading. The action is totally secondary in this anime. I don't know how to describe it. It's not drama, it's not comedy, it's definitely not romance or slice of life...It's just sad.

When you see little girls, that have been through hell, (rape, whole family murdered, almost killed by their own parents for the life insurance money, etc) being given a second chance at life, only to go through hell once again (short lifespan, diseases, malfunctioning limbs, bionic organs to survive, casual brainwashes) to do the governement's dirty work (killing politicians, terrorists, mafiozi) and get called slaves, dogs, robots...When you see these little girls that have no one to call dad, mom or family, try to find happiness is just heart breaking.

This anime is about the daily lives of girls that were given a second chance at life, and how they try to smile despite the hell they've been through/ going through.

TL,DR: It wasn't bad, it's wasn't good either. It wouldn't hurt watching, but stop at the end of Season 1. Do not go beyond that, it's utter ****.

The production studio of season 2 sucks balls, I mean if it's not MS Paint animation, I don't know what that is.

I will be watching Youjouhan Shinwa Taikei (Aka The Tatami Galaxy). Apparently, critics compare this to Bakemonogatari. I'd better not be let down since the Monogatari Series are my favourite.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 2, 2013 3:02am | Report
devdevil wrote:

HUGE SPOILER DONT READ UNLESS YOUVE READ THE MANGA

Why would you make an image for that?..

Also, that part of the manga was pathetic.
Found my earlier comment about it(Google OP):
Searz wrote:

Just read the last chapter of Fairy Tail.
Gray and a bunch of no-names died. I was instantly like "Lol, yeah. That's not gonna last.". The very next chapter they where all alive again!
Hiro is a true, true master of storytelling.
Sittin' on chimneys, putting fire up my ***.

"I biked 12km in a blizzard today and mice are chewing on my chocolate bars. Life's good."
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 2, 2013 5:42am | Report

So really you might find me guilty of liking ****ty manga/anime and they may actually be but well tbh I. Don't. Care. I find that they help me feel better and have a good laugh, and that's innocent enough.

You need to learn to differentiate between own enjoyment and critique.

I can most certainly enjoy bad series, but I'm not gonna rate them highly just because i had fun reading/watching them.
It's like watching a bad movie just for ***** and giggles. You'll enjoy it, but you sure as hell won't give it good critique.
"If someone is ****, you point at them and declare "****!". Because this is the internet." - Serpentiferous

"The Internet: where men are men, women are men, and little girls are the FBI." - ???
IAmByakuya
<Member>
IAmByakuya's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 2, 2013 10:29am | Report
MrCuddowls wrote:

The Elf cleavage was epic. 10/10

Depends what elf?
Gave you a good laugh or helped? rep+ so i can know ;)
]
Thanks to TinyStar, Jhoi, Xiaowi, Virus, Bard and Arcana(eww)...for my signatures!

Elohell is like Irelia's stun: if your real level is equal or lower than the level you are in, you're STUNNED there forever. If your actual level is higher than the level you are in, you're just SLOWED in your way up.
YayaFTW
<Altruistic Artist>
YayaFTW's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 2, 2013 10:46am | Report
IAmByakuya wrote:

Depends what elf?

dat elf

Zero No Tsukaima was fun to watch indeed, but I would never recommend it lol. Fanservice everywhere
Pheyniex
<Member>
Pheyniex's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 2, 2013 10:51am | Report
Someone mentioned cleavage, i had to come by...

Sig made by Tamy
YayaFTW
<Altruistic Artist>
YayaFTW's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 2, 2013 11:35am | Report
Pheyniex wrote:

Someone mentioned cleavage, i had to come by...

pheyniex pls
Joxuu
<Fabulous>
Joxuu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 2, 2013 12:52pm | Report
Is it only me or did Bleach start to look more and more like Dragonball Z once it goes on :D

"A person giving you advice isn't perfect and has their own shortcomings but they may give you the piece that you're missing."
Yukimaru
<Member>
Yukimaru's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 2, 2013 5:58pm | Report
Searz wrote:

Why would you make an image for that?..

Also, that part of the manga was pathetic.
Found my earlier comment about it(Google OP):

MY LIFE WAS ONLY WORTH ONE MINUTE SOB SOB UWAHHHH.
YayaFTW
<Altruistic Artist>
YayaFTW's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 3, 2013 1:39pm | Report

I started watching the first episode, it's awesome. I feel it, this will be a good one. Been a while since I was this excited about an anime.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide