Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Manga/Anime You Read/Watch

Creator: Jebus McAzn February 20, 2011 6:30pm
3336 posts - page 61 of 334
MrCuddowls
<Member>
MrCuddowls's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 18, 2013 8:29pm | Report
Baka, Chihayafuru is enjoyable if you like that kind of anime. I get it's different and somewhat slow but if you actually try harder to watch it through you will enjoy it. Chihaya basically plays the card game to make friends and get high (yes i'm using this analogy because it's not bad and I don't want to spoil anything)

The characters are very deep, displaying more than your average character. Character interaction are a little more realistic than most. They even put a lot of work into support characters, which tells you that; yes these people can be discarded, but the studio still cares about them.

Art and Animation is top notch, truly beautiful.

Ill also add one last thing, that card game they play, Karuta, may seem rather stupid when you start watching this but if you actually cared a little, you will see that they are actually quite entertaining and can get a little intense.

In short, just watch it, if you enjoyed 5 Centimeters per Second than you will like this.

Now referring to Code Ge***

Ok I get what you're trying to say, but it certainly is not bad though. I personally don't like mecha anime, but still watched it for the complex character interaction. The anime doesn't think it's viewers are dumb, displaying stuff that you need to think a little harder to understand. If you like seeing good character development, amazing complex characters and interactions, than watch this for that.

I don't get why you watch something that you deemed wasn't of it's genre and refused to actually like the parts that were good of it.

I doubt the person requesting recommendations cares much for mecha either, it's more likely that they would watch this because of the stuff I said earlier. How the **** could you not like Lelouch
Probably one of the most amazing Generals ive seen in any anime that has a military rank involved.

Also
Berserk
http://bakabt.me/162057-berserk.html
This is the book/manga, not the anime
MrCuddowls
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 18, 2013 10:10pm | Report
ZeHamilton wrote:

I watch Cardfight! Vanguard Season One Two and Three. Naruto, Bleach, Eyeshield 21, One Piece, Blue Exorcist, SWORD ART ONLINE <---- FAVORITE <3

I've Read Naruto, and Sword Art Online only

Haha dude, Sword Art Online can be summed up in two words

It's ****

Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 19, 2013 3:53am | Report
MrCuddowls wrote:

It's ****

Spoiler: Click to view

MrCuddowls
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 19, 2013 3:57am | Report
The **** O_O

Dude wtf is that, she laughs like a goat
You feel like your being molested listening to that
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 19, 2013 5:53am | Report
i feel like i'm being molested reading your posts

MrCuddowls
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 19, 2013 6:02am | Report
Glad you're enjoying it
lifebaka
<Member>
lifebaka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 19, 2013 7:18am | Report
MrCuddowls wrote:

It's ****

Spoiler: Click to view

I'm not sure if you even watched that whole video. They (rather correctly IMO) said that SAO was, you know, pretty decent, and even a bit better than many other popular shonen out there. Then they started calling all anime ****, because they were having fun.

I mean, if you want to look like someone who clearly can't understand what's going on in a 4 minute video... Please keep doing what you're doing.

MrCuddowls wrote:

Baka, Chihayafuru is enjoyable if you like that kind of anime.

If my brief time here should have taught anyone anything, it is that I actually do like this particular kind of anime. Additionally, I really enjoy slower moving series as a nice change of pace. The trouble is that I didn't feel like Chihayafuru was a slow moving show, it felt like a show that just wasn't doing anything at all, nor was there any promise in the first few episodes that it was going to get interesting any time soon.

Also, Cudd, there are no deep characters in anime. The episodic medium, where you need to have the audience understand a character almost completely inside of 22 minutes, makes deep characters basically impossible. Characters can still be well rounded and interesting, of course, but depth tends to be something that episodic media lacks.

MrCuddowls wrote:

I don't get why you watch something that you deemed wasn't of it's genre and refused to actually like the parts that were good of it.

You are reading pretty far into what I wrote (and away from what I actually wrote) there. Code Geas suffers from trying to be a mecha anime not because it should be a mecha anime, but rather because it isn't a mecha anime and all the time it spends trying to be one is time not spent on the parts of the series that are better. I did enjoy Code Geas, and I would have liked it more had it spent more of its time on its strongest elements, instead of consistently trying to spend time on its weakest ones.
OTGBionicArm wrote: Armored wimminz = badass.

My posts may be long. If this bothers you, don't read them.
MrCuddowls
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 19, 2013 8:07am | Report
Nonono, They never said it was decent

They clearly said "it's just above mediocre

While I will agree that they were having fun, the weren't calling all anime ****

The clearly said "Legend of The Galactic Heroes, It's... It's pretty ****ing good...
And "Monster, It's aamaaaaAAAAZZING"

Fate Zero - "It's **** or it's The ****"
Accel World - "No"
Eden of the East - "It's Pretty Decent"

And guess what those anime are actually very very good.

Sword Art Online is the same thing you told me in terms of Code Ge***
Except Sword Art Online really really failed at it, while Code Ge*** was still able to put up a good act.
The Romance was childish and a complete mess and the story was forgotten about.
The only thing to watch it for was the action and if you like, with troll subs for the laughs
Other than that, really, it's not good, not even close.

Soundtrack - 9
Animation - 10
Action - 10
Everything Else - ****
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 19, 2013 9:06am | Report
MrCuddowls wrote:

Nonono, They never said it was decent

They clearly said "it's just above mediocre

Are you ****ing kidding me?
You make me doubt humanity...

Please stop writing here or completely change your behavior. You're poisoning the minds of newcomers who don't know enough to disregard what you write.
I'm a strong independent black mage who don't need no mana.
MrCuddowls
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 19, 2013 9:37am | Report
Searz, I honestly have no idea what the problem is.
I'm stating truth, not some random dribble

You say im poisoning the minds of others
1. I don't understand how that is
2. If your referring to me berating anime that others like (which are obviously bad) ruins the expierience for them than I say, They should try and watch something good and compare it to the stuff they watch now.

Do you really think the romance in SAO is anything close to stuff like Toradora?
SAO's romance seems like it was written by a 5 year old. Literally no sense of progression in the relationship. Kirito and Asuna just hang out a few times and all of the sudden are getting married. The relationship in and of its self is forced and stale. The original concept of the story that really showed how dire and troubled their situation was, being trapped in a game in which death means permanent death in real life, was never built upon. It was just put there on the first couple of episodes then forgotten about. Kirito apparently cared more about fishing and looking for rocks to build a new sword with. There was no sense of urgency.

Oh and I almost forgot. Kirito's relationship with Asuna is made even more laughable by the amount of ******** he does with the 5 - 10 other girls in this anime. He spends half his time in the entire anime hanging out with girls. While on this subject, how the **** are there so many girls anyway. Last time I heard, you don't see girls in that great of a density in games, ever.

Sorry, but im not going to sound all nice and happy about this for the sake of new comers. New comers reading this should realize that there is better stuff to watch and ask what that is.

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood if you like a heavily symbolic story and lots of action.
Toradora if you like Romance
Bakemonogatari if you can understand comical references and sarcasm.
Code Ge*** or Legend of the galactic heroes if you want something intelligent and sophisticated with a military system and action.
Neon Genesis Evangelion if you want to be mind****ed
Hellsing Ultimate for pure badass action\

I really could give a gigantic list of anime of someone asked, all of which would be better than SAO.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide