Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

mobafire, old and new.

Creator: JakofAllSpaydes October 4, 2011 10:37pm
17 posts - page 1 of 2
1 2
JakofAllSpaydes
<Editor>
JakofAllSpaydes's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 4, 2011 10:37pm | Report
I dunno, I feel as if mobafire builds suddenly died out. like, not all of them, but all the old ones that i used to love and read are "expired", and renewed with "new" guides that have maybe 4-5 votes and made it in the top 10.

Not that theres anything wrong with that, but im just sayin.

Like for example, jhoi is obviously updating her builds, but trophy, and like, heat and those guys, they just kinda died off :(

Or maybe im not paying close enough attention.....

oh well, just wanted to shout that out, thats all :P
Thx to Jhoi, nyoike, xiao, Jeffy40Hands, AlexPT, Wafflewarrior, Wrath and myself for the sigs <33333
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 4, 2011 10:56pm | Report
I'm still here.... Do I not count?
I know I'm not top tier guide writer but, I try.
JakofAllSpaydes
<Editor>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 4, 2011 11:07pm | Report
Lugignaf wrote:

I'm still here.... Do I not count?
I know I'm not top tier guide writer but, I try.

Lugi.... U know that's not what I meant. I'm not gonna list everyone who's still here :P

There certainly are a lot of people who's sill here, but I was just making a comment bout the ones who aren't :/
Thx to Jhoi, nyoike, xiao, Jeffy40Hands, AlexPT, Wafflewarrior, Wrath and myself for the sigs <33333
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 4, 2011 11:08pm | Report
Well, expired guides don't deserve to be displayed, and guides that say "Ideal" but aren't, really need to be replaced. If a writer chooses to stay on the site, then that's their prerogative. Some people just make a guide, stay a bit, and then leave. There's nothing we can do about that :/
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by thenamelessbard ♡
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 4, 2011 11:16pm | Report
The expired system is in place to sort of, weed out dated ineffective guides, and force guide makers to stay here updating their guides.

Will it work?

I don't know.

*Shrug.

I think it will cut the current amount of guides that show up in searches by 50% - 80% though lol.
JakofAllSpaydes
<Editor>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 4, 2011 11:16pm | Report
I know I know :P

I just feel bad that I didn't get to know any of them :( I joined so late.....
Bryun
<Magic Man>
Bryun's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 4, 2011 11:23pm | Report
Yeah, would've been nice if they kept updating, but if they quit updating guides, they probably quit LoL.

As for me, I don't know if I'm fairly new or a veteran member yet.
NOT VETERAN VETERAN.
You get my drift.

PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 4, 2011 11:42pm | Report
Would you rather be reading old guides using Innervating Locket and Zhonya's Ring?

If you really love a guide too much to let it go, just favorite it. For the general population, it's better to have newer, updated guides readily available.
Thanks to Jovy for the sig!
JakofAllSpaydes
<Editor>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 4, 2011 11:49pm | Report
People r misundestanding :(

I'm not complaining about them being "expired", I just wanted to say something bout it :(

Psi, u make me feel bad :(
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 4, 2011 11:55pm | Report
I wasn't trying to. I'm speaking from experience; I've seen some "good" older guides that were simply too outdated to be relevant anymore. I saw a once-popular Veigar guide use a Zhonya's Ring. What does that mean? Get a Rabadon's Deathcap instead? Or Zhonya's Hourglass? Not to mention all the buffs, nerfs, changes and new champions that have come out since that time. AND the meta is constantly evolving.

I love the new "freshness" feature. I think it belongs on the site and will help sort out some of the older or useless guides so that newer ones can occupy a more prominent position.

Also, frowning 3 times in one post is not allowed. ;)

If your point was to express your disappointment that such good guide-makers didn't continue their work, well....
I agree.

But you can always check out the newer authors and maybe you'll find a build or guide that's even better than the older one was! :D
Thanks to Minho for the sig!
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide