Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Official hearthstone thread

Creator: Pølsemanden December 8, 2013 1:59pm
1091 posts - page 65 of 110
extradelicious
<Lucky Charm>
extradelicious's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 7, 2014 10:15am | Report
damn searz you analyze stuff through and through
Proud Coach of MHS League of Legends Teams.
sirell
<Member>
sirell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 7, 2014 10:42am | Report
Searz wrote:

Gimme a holler and I'll copy-paste my post for beginners on what to think about (beyond the obvious) and a few almost free decks to play with.

Sure thing!

I'm mostly running Priest and Paladin at the moment - mostly just levelling up things.
For utter hilarity, click >>here<<!

Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 7, 2014 12:40pm | Report
sirell wrote:

Sure thing!

I'm mostly running Priest and Paladin at the moment - mostly just levelling up things.

Here we go:
A few tips for playing the game(click to show):

Here are a few super ghetto decks for new players.
These are obviously far from optimal because of the hard card restraints, but they should be far better than any of the basic decks you start out with.

The only cards you don't get for free that I include in these decks are the Loot Hoarders and the Harvest Golems. Those are among the best neutral common cards in the game. They can be run in every single deck and are common in top-tier play right now(especially Harvest Golems, they're being ran in like 90% of all decks).
Craft them. Craft them right now. (click the crafting button in "My Collection" and disenchant a card you're not using to get 100dust for two free common crafts)

Druid: mulligan (replace) all cards that cost more than 3 at the start of the game, unless you get an Innervate. Then you should keep 4 cost minions around (like Senjin Shieldmasta and Chillwind Yeti).
Savage Roar gives your hero 2 attack too.

Paladin: remember to only buff units on the turn you can attack with them.

Mage: you can use your hero power on your Gurubashi Berserker to buff him. Try to keep your Kobold Geomancer for when you're casting a spell that deals damage. He increases damage dealt by the spell by 1 and that can have some pretty big effects when using for example Arcane Explosion.

Priest: Make sure to use your hero power on your minions a lot when applicable.
"He cooked cake." - MrCuddowls

"Oh forget it, I have nothing to hid, I admit it, 12 hours of every single day of my life ever since I was eleven years old have been anal sex with canoes" - MrCuddowls
drakon136
<Member>
drakon136's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 7, 2014 2:10pm | Report

I'm okay with this. Not the best legendary, but at least it isn't Millhouse.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 7, 2014 2:14pm | Report
Ended an arena run at 5 after some really ****ty luck and a few minor misplays.
Opened the pack, got jack ****.
Bought another with the remaining gold.

Got a golden Ice Block, a golden Ice Lance an epic and a rare. Pretty satisfied. Not cards I'm probably gonna use, but if Mage ever gets back in favor that Ice Block will be nice and I can dust the spare epic.

Oh lol, I have 3 golden Ice Lances now D:
I have a lot of golden Mage cards. Too bad I never play Mage.
I've got Ice Lance*3, Sorcerer's Apprentice, Vaporize, Ice Barrier and Ice Block.
"He cooked cake." - MrCuddowls

"Oh forget it, I have nothing to hid, I admit it, 12 hours of every single day of my life ever since I was eleven years old have been anal sex with canoes" - MrCuddowls
sirell
<Member>
sirell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 7, 2014 2:28pm | Report
Searz wrote:

Here we go:
A few tips for playing the game(click to show):

Here are a few super ghetto decks for new players.
These are obviously far from optimal because of the hard card restraints, but they should be far better than any of the basic decks you start out with.

The only cards you don't get for free that I include in these decks are the Loot Hoarders and the Harvest Golems. Those are among the best neutral common cards in the game. They can be run in every single deck and are common in top-tier play right now(especially Harvest Golems, they're being ran in like 90% of all decks).
Craft them. Craft them right now. (click the crafting button in "My Collection" and disenchant a card you're not using to get 100dust for two free common crafts)

Druid: mulligan (replace) all cards that cost more than 3 at the start of the game, unless you get an Innervate. Then you should keep 4 cost minions around (like Senjin Shieldmasta and Chillwind Yeti).
Savage Roar gives your hero 2 attack too.

Paladin: remember to only buff units on the turn you can attack with them.

Mage: you can use your hero power on your Gurubashi Berserker to buff him. Try to keep your Kobold Geomancer for when you're casting a spell that deals damage. He increases damage dealt by the spell by 1 and that can have some pretty big effects when using for example Arcane Explosion.

Priest: this is probably the worst of the decks, but feel free to try it. Make sure to use your hero power on your minions a lot when applicable.

Cheers! I got Mage, Paladin and Priest to level 10, working on Rogue atm. Will try the Druid one afterwards.
extradelicious
<Lucky Charm>
extradelicious's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 7, 2014 2:54pm | Report
im actually a priest/paladin main, and i can tell you thats a world you'll probably regret... pick up like druid or something along with priest/pally or you'll have a hard time on the higher ranks
Proud Coach of MHS League of Legends Teams.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 7, 2014 3:13pm | Report
^Priest, Mage and Hunter are the weakest classes in competitive play right now.
Druid is probably the strongest, Warlock and Shaman trailing closely behind and Warrior and Paladin being in the middle.
I'm a strong independent black mage who don't need no mana.
sirell
<Member>
sirell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 7, 2014 3:22pm | Report
Yes, from what I've experienced, Druids seem to have really strong card sets, as well as a very annoying Hero ability.
drakon136
<Member>
drakon136's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 7, 2014 3:25pm | Report
I figured Warlock was just above Druid myself, but I'm pretty low-level so I wouldn't know for sure.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide