Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Ongoing Bar Thread - The Drunken Amumu

Creator: jhoijhoi April 6, 2018 2:14am
1 2 3 4
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 9, 2018 11:15am | Report
I was recently thinking similarly about a different community I was in before MOBAFire, a Star Wars roleplaying community. Looking back now I can't believe I only played there for 2 years and it's been a whole 6 years since I quit it in favour of League, since it's had such a massive impact on my life.

An old friend I met there who I don't talk to much anymore but have lots of great memories with was the one that introduced me to League of Legends, which is now a huge part of my life. One of my closest friends is someone I met through there, and my closest friend is someone I met because he was the ex of someone I met through there.

I spent such a relatively short amount of time in that community compared to how long I've spent in the League of Legends + MOBAFire community and it was so long ago, which feels crazy to me because of the massive impact it had over my life. I feel like it's had a greater impact over my life than League of Legends itself, simply because so many things in my life right now I owe to my time there, including League of Legends.

And to think this all started with me sneaking onto my mom's laptop every day that she was at work because I wasn't allowed to roleplay/play video games on weekdays... Life is a truly unpredictable journey.
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 30, 2018 1:49pm | Report
I know this is a massive necro, but seeing as it's been a while since I've been on properly, anyone doing anything cool? School's out for the year in two weeks. During the school holidays I'm hoping to catch up on some sleep and do some general annual yard duties like getting some new mulch in etc. I keep saying I want to paint our walls, but it's also not really a priority. I guess in general the house needs a summer clean out. It's been super hot here in Oz, by the way!
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by Jovy ♡
Ninja Trigger
<Editor>
Ninja Trigger's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 3, 2018 7:35pm | Report
I check into Mobafire about once a week or two to see if anyone is back but it's been fairly dead in the forums which is sad, cause I miss talking with my Mobafire buddies.

Asides from my online life work has been going good, it's in the slow season right now "Still working with bees". So I have a lot of free time, I think now would be a good time to get cracking on my novel, a high fantasy epic about Dragons secrets cults that kinda stuff.

Tried to get into speed running a few months back still interested in it, but I should be working on more productive things then getting 10 minutes into a game only to resit it because I missed a jump or something.

Other then that not a whole lot to be honest lol
Sig by Emikadon
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 10, 2024 3:59am | Report
Just here to vent that school holidays are over soon and next week it'll be back to teaching Math to some kids who just don't want math in their lives. It has been a challenging few years. I would say that the COVID lockdowns have seriously messed with students across all key learning areas. Thinking it'll take a whole 10 years to flush that bleak period out of the education system before things are remotely to the way it was before. Really feel for beginning teachers, they never got to experience how nice teaching was pre-COVID.
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by me ♡
1 2 3 4

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide