Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

People in the USA should vote

Creator: MrCuddowls September 8, 2012 5:12pm
149 posts - page 10 of 15
Toshabi
<Veteran>
Toshabi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 12, 2012 1:24pm | Report
^ but Obama said he was going to make things better. Things got worse. Way worse :c

Also i find it hilarious that you didnt vote during obamas first election. That election was a big deal (kind of)
MrCuddowls wrote:

Hahahaha telling me my items are bad HHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAhA
Listen buddy don't judge someone's items if your only level 13
This build is Platinum approved, Thats all you need to know

throatslasher
<Member>
throatslasher's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 12, 2012 1:33pm | Report
NinjaGinge wrote:

I hate politics and everything around them, everyone who knows me knows I am close to as apathetic about all things political as can possibly be. I have never voted and have never had any desire to do so...

Until this year. I will be voting Obama because I am scared as **** about Romney and everything about his party this year. So far I have heard more ignorant, absurd and just overall horrifying things from their mouths than anything I have ever heard. I'm absolutely terrified at the prospect of them winning. I could give a damn about what people say as to Obama's success or shortcomings, because he entered this stage during this *****how and has been doing his best to handle it ever since. I don't trust ANY statistics because 99.99% are skewed.

Ha. Blame Bush. Classy.
Here are some of Obama's campaign promises:
1. Cut the deficit in half (Added 5 trillion in 4 years)
2. His administration would be the most transparent one in years (ACA was drafted and discussed behind closed doors, he promised to have them televised)
3. Close Guantanamo (nope still open)
4. Reform the patriot act (Didn't do it)
5. End the wards (afghanistan anyone?)
***6. Defend labor rights “If American workers are being denied their right to organize and collectively bargain when I’m in the White House, I will put on a comfortable pair of shoes myself, I’ll will walk on that picket line with you as President of the United States of America.” Wisconson, he didn't go out there and walk the picket line.****
*source for 6, rawstory.com

He has broken almost every promise he made. He promised healthcare for all, and he's going to deliver, but at what cost? This will break the backs of middleclass americans.

"I am scared as **** about Romney and everything about his party this year"
Everything, eh? Name 10 things about romeny/repubs that scare you ****less, without looking to a website. I had to go on a site to find that quote, it's actually kinda famous.
BOW DOWNBOW DOWN
Mooninites
<Member>
Mooninites's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 12, 2012 1:54pm | Report
NinjaGinge wrote:

I hate politics and everything around them, everyone who knows me knows I am close to as apathetic about all things political as can possibly be. I have never voted and have never had any desire to do so...

Until this year. I will be voting Obama because I am scared as **** about Romney and everything about his party this year. So far I have heard more ignorant, absurd and just overall horrifying things from their mouths than anything I have ever heard. I'm absolutely terrified at the prospect of them winning. I could give a damn about what people say as to Obama's success or shortcomings, because he entered this stage during this *****how and has been doing his best to handle it ever since. I don't trust ANY statistics because 99.99% are skewed.

there are some aspects of democracy that are quite sad, one being that uneducated buffoons like you can vote
Thanks for the Signature MissMaw!
Pheyniex
<Member>
Pheyniex's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 12, 2012 1:55pm | Report
You will praise "Obamacare" in your lifetime.

also, plenty of heritage there. you cant raise your deficit like it has if it wasnt already plenty. a decade of war and subprime market has given you that. The last big thing Bush did was a 700billion dollar bailout. Ofc, since the lobbies remain, bailouts are given constantly.

saying Russia is a geopolitical enemy is at least a miscalculation. Coming from a presidential candidate, i'd call it stupidity.

"If American workers are being denied their right to organize and collectively bargain when I’m in the White House, I will put on a comfortable pair of shoes myself, I’ll will walk on that picket line with you as President of the United States of America" ---> he can't do **** becasue the congress doesnt want to. noone in the world can do it. the big corporations are too big to allow small companies to grow. also, financial corporations are still protected, absorving much of the working potential of the country. bear in mind, this "investments" do not really provide a decent growth (meaning sustained). I agree that the reserve is doing possibly the worst thing to american economy, but american industry is supported artificially. so the fed prints money to banks that are not lending to small businesses, and it will only aggravate the problem. Romney doesnt care about it. Romney thinks people with bigger income cant pay more taxes, them poor innocents.

Actually the onething that can get out of the mess you're into, whitch is better education and continuous learning (that many industrial workers in the USA dont have) is being negated by Romney.

People that already have money keep claiming money, while they don't allow poor people to work or to learn new capabilities, so that the economy can be fluent. And romney actually thinks this is the way to go. GJ on your vote.

Sig made by Aquilegia
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 12, 2012 1:55pm | Report
Toshabi wrote:

That's mostly because sweden didn't have to worry to much about war debts like the rest of europe did.

I seriously doubt that.
"Moral justification is a powerful disengagement mechanism. Destructive conduct is made personally and socially acceptable by portraying it in the service of moral ends." - Albert Bandura

"Ultimately, if people lose their willingness to recognize that there are times in our history when legality becomes distinct from morality, we aren't just ceding control of our rights to government, but our futures." - Edward Snowden
Pheyniex
<Member>
Pheyniex's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 12, 2012 2:00pm | Report
Mooninites wrote:

there are some aspects of democracy that are quite sad, one being that uneducated buffoons like you can vote

somewhat agree, but what you have, and many countries have is not really a democracy since you only can vote on candidates appointed by the parties. People may have their brains washed when they say "I'm republican and i'll always vote republican" (or other clubistic view. republican, liberal or democrat, doesnt matter) but only 2 parties have true access to the voters, and that is not really a democracy, because you are being forced to choose between 2 people. Maybe it's the voter's fault, maybe the system's.

Sig made by Aquilegia
NinjaGinge
<Editor>
NinjaGinge's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 12, 2012 2:00pm | Report
Mooninites wrote:

lollolol and here's why I hate politics. AW **** MAN HE SAID STUFF THAT MY PRECONCEIVED VIEWS FIND IGNORANT. MUST BE AN UNEDUCATED ****.

The most in depth guide to Twitch around.

Props to wRAthoFVuLK for the beastly sig and putting up with my request XD
Hey, you should help me on acquiring Medieval Twitch!! :D
http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=507f1031d2ab3250817727
Pheyniex
<Member>
Pheyniex's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 12, 2012 2:02pm | Report
Searz wrote:

I seriously doubt that.

Norway was devastated by WW2, Sweden not so much. Norway had oil, Sweden had IKEA.

As requested to GMD himself.
Mooninites
<Member>
Mooninites's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 12, 2012 2:03pm | Report
NinjaGinge wrote:

lollolol and here's why I hate politics. AW **** MAN HE SAID STUFF THAT MY PRECONCEIVED VIEWS FIND IGNORANT. MUST BE AN UNEDUCATED ****.

you said you weren't going to vote for Romney because you're scared of him, but you didn't actually provide any substance of why your scared of him. What exactly did he say scares you? i'll give you some time to google romney speeches
Thanks for the Signature MissMaw!
Toshabi
<Veteran>
Toshabi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 12, 2012 2:10pm | Report
Searz wrote:

I seriously doubt that.

You didn't have to rebuild your economy lime they did. Either or, I don't wanna give too much of an opinion, I'm not too knowledgeable on the topic to have a full out discussion on swedish economics. Brb talking to potatis.

Also, economy like* they did. My smartphone cant properly select text to correct :/

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide