Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Portal 2

Creator: caucheka April 25, 2011 7:44pm

This thread is locked

PLEASE NOTE: This thread has been locked by the moderators. You cannot reply to it.

53 posts - page 1 of 6
1 2 3 4 5 6
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 25, 2011 7:44pm | Report
as some of you may know. i am not a valve fan. i have never supported valve and i never will support valve.

that being said, yes i have a steam account, but ONLY because i can't play a game, that valve has no ownership of, without their worthless team.

so why am i hating? well this thread will have all the answers (and more)

portal 1 release price: $20.00

portal 2 release price: $45.00

so obviously it should be like getting twice as much game as you did for portal 1 right? but that isn't the case at all. paying $45 for this game makes no sense at all.

but then you have the **** like day 1 dlc! worthless hats and **** that you don't have to buy!

(i'd like to take a moment here to adress something. yes i ****ing know that dlc stands for downloadable content and you actually have to download. technically with portal 2 its a microtransaction, which means that you pay money to unlock something that was already on the ****ing disc/in the program files. thats even worse than dlc, think of all that space that could be used for code on say extending the game? but i digress i still call it dlc so shut up.)

but its ******ed using the defence that you don't have to buy it because you don't have to buy any dlc at all! what makes worthless skins different?

by now i know some of you are spewing the 'fact' that they said you could unlock all the whatever without buying them. and that isn't even technically true, only a handful of them do you get from playing the game, the others you either have to buy or are unlocked from you having other games. so i guess its technically true that you don't have to buy any of them to get them but then you have to buy all these other games.

ok so lets look at it. what is the bang for the buck? portal 2 is a puzzle game. puzzle games are notorious for having the least amount of replayability (why would you play through puzzles you already beat 5 times?) but i guess thats beside the point.

considering all of the content and everything you get for what you pay, portal 2 happens to be valve's most expensive game. the gameplay vs price ratio is the highest its ever been for anything valve has ever done.

but apparently most people are fine that an expensive game has ways of taking even more money for you. i support the cash shop in LoL because thats how riot makes money, they don't release a $45 dollar game then ask you to pay even more money to them.

its at this point where i think most if anyone actually does read this has stopped reading. too butthurt that life gave me oranges and i made orange juice in spaaaaaaaacee?

but no, because portal 2 is such a ****ing masterpiece and how dare i hate it, portal 2 will win goty from pretty much every single game review website. does nobody ****ing think about how this will affect the future of gaming? microsoft has already confirmed that practically everything will start to have a ****ing cash shop. and not just worthless skins or paint or whatever the **** valve does, but actual game affecting **** like weapons. because not only are people willing to shell out money like sheep to buy things but also because people without it will be at a disadvantage so they'd want to shell out money for it and its a never ending cycle of make microsoft more money.

just look at ****ing dlc when it started. the very first dlc that was ever released was ****ing horse armor for elder scrolls oblivion. it didn't even do **** it was purely cosmetic as well. and look at how dlcs changed since then, now theres games coming out with little bits and pieces missing that you've gotta pay extra for.

but whatever its obvious none of you care.
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 25, 2011 8:00pm | Report
I'd say something but, I can't think of the words. They're not mean.... I just can't think of the words...
Sig courtesy of GrandmasterD. Go get your own sig from them. :D
B-Wong
<Member>
B-Wong's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 25, 2011 8:11pm | Report
Haha, you mad.

Toshabi
<Veteran>
Toshabi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 25, 2011 8:33pm | Report
tl;dr after

caucheka wrote:

as some of you may know. i am not a valve fan. i have never supported valve and i never will support valve.

that being said, yes i have a steam account, but ONLY because i can't play a game, that valve has no ownership of, without their worthless team.

caucheka wrote:

knowing that you're toshabi im gonna say 0/10 bad troll.

otherwise i'd say this is exactly the kind of people that i hate.

You're a goddam hypocrite. >:[
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 25, 2011 8:57pm | Report
exactly how am i a hypocrite?

also ****ing read it. wah so i dont like a company that everyone ***** themselves over get over it.
Toshabi
<Veteran>
Toshabi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 25, 2011 11:20pm | Report
So I actually took the time to read your baw thread. No video on youtube can accurately represent my reaction, however this one comes pretty close.

caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 26, 2011 1:18am | Report
uh huh. well excuse me for trying to actually sit down and explain my opinions.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 26, 2011 2:20am | Report
caucheka wrote:

but then you have the **** like day 1 dlc! worthless hats and **** that you don't have to buy!

This is exactly what I hate about Valve right now. If it weren't for this they'd be one of my favorite game companies.
STOP KILLING YOUR OWN GAMES, VALVE!

Quoted:
i support the cash shop in LoL because thats how riot makes money, they don't release a $45 dollar game then ask you to pay even more money to them.

Indeed.
"He cooked cake." - MrCuddowls

"Oh forget it, I have nothing to hid, I admit it, 12 hours of every single day of my life ever since I was eleven years old have been anal sex with canoes" - MrCuddowls
Canoas
<Member>
Canoas's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 26, 2011 5:35am | Report
Aren't portal's Co-op missions different from the single player's?

I haven't bought it because I can't afford it right now, maybe once the price drops a little. But it wouldn't make sense for those to be the same so therefore twice the content.
Portal was only about 3h long, I was told Portal 2 is around 4-5h, plus the co-op.

Also, the first didn't have co-op. It was a just a single player game. It also didn't allow cross platform between 3 systems.

So, I'm sorry for saying this, but only a ****** would say that more 7h of gameplay, multiplayer and cross platform is worth 0 euros. How the **** can you say Portal 2 and 1 are the same and should cost the same?
I haven't played it, but I doubt that there's a major flaw in the game to make it cost 25 euros less that it should.

EDIT: Once more, I really hope you're trolling.

EDIT2: Oh, and have you even thought that those extra skins are there as prizes for also owning other games? Maybe, just maybe, they only made them purchasable because they didn't want people to buy more games just to get more skins.

EDIT3: I also remember something about player created maps in Portal 2. I don't remember any in Portal. You also have developer commentaries which you did not have.
With each minute that passes my opinion of your opinion sinks.

EDIT3: After realizing just how good it was, I managed to get the 40 euros and bought it.
PotatisFarfar
<Veteran>
PotatisFarfar's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 26, 2011 9:15am | Report
Caucheka mad.

I agree the ingame the channel is bs. But saying the game is not worth the money you pay for it is even bigger BS!

The game is more than double as long as the first portal, there, double the cost justified.

And atleast me play the game 2 times (one normal and one with dual commentary) The addition of the co-op even justify it even more

Ohhhh hateing a game becouse it has ingame shop? that does not affect gameplay what so ever... Grow upp please

PS. U mad caucheka?

Ohh btw, you can't hate valve after all they have done for PC gameing... It is just wrong i am sorry.
1 2 3 4 5 6

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide