Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Post Whatever You Want (and Stop Posting ****...

Creator: Mowen October 22, 2013 7:50am
Jimmydoggga 2.0
<Member>
Jimmydoggga 2.0's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 7, 2015 2:43am | Report
Searz wrote:
^You're saying vandalism isn't bad?..

And if you want a perfect example of why I dislike modern feminism just look at "rapeculture".

I wasn't sure how someone can make such an ignorant statement but then i remembered he lived in a European country and not in Australia/Southern USA and I was like ahhhh k

Basically MOBAFire.
Latest Legend
<Member>
Latest Legend's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 7, 2015 5:41am | Report
Searz wrote:

Well there's a clear connection.
Both are doing the same thing, only for different reasons.
One group thinks that the slogan is stupid (which I kind of agree with, but doesn't that encompass 90% of all ad slogans?.. Selective outrage when it comes to stupidity is almost equally stupid) and/or that the campaign is body-shaming. While the other thinks it's unethical to show off a woman's body.

I'm not big on the comparison between the two groups, but modern feminism does make me very sad. An unfathomable amount of idiotic **** is done in the name of feminism every day, and it just gets harder and harder to look away.
This is not modern feminism, nor is it Islamism. The people who did this did it because they think every body is beach ready, it has nothing to do with women rights or the Islam.
********'s a pretty good fertilizer
Ekki
<Veteran>
Ekki's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 7, 2015 8:19am | Report
Searz wrote:
The concept. It's idiotic.
It is real though. Maybe not in your inmediate social spheres, but there are lot of people minimizing or ridiculizing victims, and you can't deny that.

Searz wrote:
And this is a case in which I'm pretty sure vandalism is negative.
I didn't even judge that particular case. You're just sticking the negativity you associate with vandalism to feminism. Painting a ****py ad doesn't make "modern feminism" any worse or better. It's just that you don't want to like it.
Meiyjhe
<Member>
Meiyjhe's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 7, 2015 8:37am | Report
Ekki wrote:
Yeah, sometimes it isn't.

Are you talking about the concept or some board/forum/group in particular?
Is it just me or is vandalism always a bad thing?
Change is gooooood
Picture by: Janitsudude

Want to advertise your guide, but don't know where? Click here for an opportunity of a lifetime!
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 7, 2015 12:26pm | Report
Yes, because Tumblr/other internet morons should be the basis for your opinion on "modern feminism" and not the vast majority of women who call themselves feminists and don't act anything like the stereotyped ******** everyone likes to perpetuate.

Well I'm glad you're denouncing that **** at the very least. I wouldn't mind seeing this issue being brought to light to the general public feminism, so stances could be taken against that, making it a social hurdle to partake in any such activities.

I may be using the wrong term though. Maybe "New Wave Feminism"/"Third Wave Feminism" is more correct?
Quoted:
it's not ok for people who actually identify with what feminism is supposed to be (a movement supporting gender equality) to say "not all feminists are like that"

I think it is. Why wouldn't it be?
This is not modern feminism, nor is it Islamism. The people who did this did it because they think every body is beach ready, it has nothing to do with women rights or the Islam.

You really think Islamists think that they're beach ready? XD
Your point has already fallen apart. Try again.
Ekki wrote:
It is real though.

You're seriously saying that "rapeculture" is real? Are you ****ing kidding me? Even our resident feminist (Bard) is denouncing that stupid **** like it's the plague.
Quoted:
You're just sticking the negativity you associate with vandalism to feminism.

Damn right I am. Why wouldn't I?
Feminism is not like ethnicity. Seeing black people do something illegal and then looking at black people more negatively would be racist, because skin color has nothing to do with behavior. Feminism on the other hand is an ideology, a way of thinking, and if this way of thinking could influence people to do vandalism then such deeds are obviously going shine a negative light upon the ideology associated with the people doing the deeds.

Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 7, 2015 12:29pm | Report
Meiyjhe wrote:
Is it just me or is vandalism always a bad thing?

Clearly it's just you.
Sittin' on chimneys, putting fire up my ***.

"I biked 12km in a blizzard today and mice are chewing on my chocolate bars. Life's good."
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 7, 2015 2:42pm | Report
I don't think "rape culture" in the new ridiculous internet definition exists. However, we do live in a culture (at least here in the US) where rape victims, whether male or female, are regularly blamed for being raped or just told they simply were not/could not have been raped and where rapists are regularly apologized for in the media, which is a serious problem. We won't fix that by screaming "rape culture" at everything though.
Latest Legend
<Member>
Latest Legend's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 7, 2015 4:48pm | Report
Rape culture!

Serious part: I still don't see why a little hate campaign about some ad leads to incomprehensible generalizations. Also I didn't say anything about Islamists so I don't get what your point is supposed to be. I believe I clearly stated why feminism and Islamism have nothing to do with weight loss advertorials in my opinion, and I haven't seen you convince me otherwise yet.
********'s a pretty good fertilizer
HiFromBuddha
<Member>
HiFromBuddha's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 7, 2015 5:43pm | Report

I wasn't sure how someone can make such an ignorant statement but then i remembered he lived in a European country and not in Australia/Southern USA and I was like ahhhh k

Ah yes, Australia, where woman pride themselves on being *****s so they can be "what men want". It's equally as bad as the extremist feminists.

Thank you to MissMaw for the signatures!
Jimmydoggga 2.0
<Member>
Jimmydoggga 2.0's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 7, 2015 7:14pm | Report

Ah yes, Australia, where woman pride themselves on being *****s so they can be "what men want". It's equally as bad as the extremist feminists.

We both live in Australia and that's not what I'm seeing.
Even more disturbingly you're seeing a lot of *****s for a 16yo.

Basically MOBAFire.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide