Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Pro Help on Pro Essay QUICKLY

Creator: MrCuddowls September 10, 2012 1:27am

This thread is locked

PLEASE NOTE: This thread has been locked by the moderators. You cannot reply to it.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
DillButt64
<Editor>
DillButt64's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 10, 2012 3:14pm | Report
honestly this essay was very hard to read...that is if you can call it an essay

1. i have no idea what grade your in but no essay i have ever written has ever been that short outside of elementary school, but then again i went to a rich person school in new york so i dont know whats expected of you

2. this is so unorganized like...your intro paragraph doesnt have a thesis which makes the rest of your paragraphs not make any sense and your conclusion isnt really a conclusion because again there was no thesis so you couldnt really conclude anything

3. if you want us to help you better you should tell us what the topic of the essay is and what i got out of it right now is "video games are how to be not bored" which is very specific. now if the topic is "write an essay about ways people have fun" instead of having one thing being video games maybe have your thesis say something as simple as "There are many ways people have fun some of which being playing video games, participating in sports, and spending time with friends." this thesis statement gives you 3 paragraphs to write about instead of 3 paragraphs about the same topic which you can easily make into one paragraph

basically what you need is a thesis, 3 paragraphs each discussing a different thing mentioned in the thesis, completely rework your intro and conclusion paragraphs so that they are more about the TOPIC instead of just video games which you should be discussing in a body paragraph, NEVER EVER EVER USE I IN AN ESSAY EVER! there are very few cases that you should I in an essay and this is not one of those essays

again i dont know what grade yer in but you should seriously consider talking to your english teacher about how to write an essay because its a skill youre really going to need trust me ive had to write essays 5-10 pages long in about 3 hours which included 2 2 page essays i had to write and many multiple choice questions to answer, but then again rich smart people school D: but yes SERIOUSLY talk to your teacher about essay structure and writing and organization if you dont then...well i hope your teachers in later grades teach you how
Thanks to TheNamelessBard for the signature
Toshabi
<Veteran>
Toshabi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 10, 2012 3:34pm | Report
I see myself throwing this poorly written paper in the garbage then just building a new one from scratch. With what he has now, he'd be lucky to get a D. It's as if a child in kindergarten put together their thoughts on what fun is. Sorry, but that's how bad this paper is :l
DillButt64
<Editor>
DillButt64's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 10, 2012 3:48pm | Report
well i mean if he changed some things about it he could make that whole "essay" into one paragraph

but again if hes in like 5th-7th or maybe 8th grade then it might be understandable and -might- get a B-
Thanks to TheNamelessBard for the signature
Toshabi
<Veteran>
Toshabi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 10, 2012 4:14pm | Report
Not even public schools have that low of standards though.
IceCreamy wrote:

(1:07): I prefer your balls over ***hol

MrCuddowls
<Member>
MrCuddowls's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 10, 2012 4:48pm | Report
BTW the forum thing doesnt go over just this forum
Im on like 10 other forums
not going to say what they are

Also this Essay is a what you believe kinda thing so you cant not use I in it
Toshabi
<Veteran>
Toshabi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 10, 2012 4:50pm | Report
That's how 99.9% of all essays are.^
jhoijhoi wrote:

Also, I think the levels of immorality in this thread are astounding. You'd really throw a child off a boat for your own luggage? Wow.

MrCuddowls
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 10, 2012 4:50pm | Report
lol its really that bad
This summer has ****ed me up
MrCuddowls
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 10, 2012 4:52pm | Report
Toshabi wrote:

That's how 99.9% of all essays are.^

NONO Here ill show you what this is supposed to mimic
http://thisibelieve.org/essay/21249/
Thats what we need to do but in our own thing
Canoas
<Member>
Canoas's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 10, 2012 4:55pm | Report
DillButt64 wrote:

1. i have no idea what grade your in but no essay i have ever written has ever been that short outside of elementary school, but then again i went to a rich person school in new york so i dont know whats expected of you

I just read the first paragraph but.. Are you fcking kidding me? There's so many spelling mistakes, wrong punctuation and just plain idiotic statements in that single sentence that it's hard to believe you went to any school at all, let alone a "rich person school".

I don't think you're fit to criticize anyone's work.
MrCuddowls
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 10, 2012 5:00pm | Report
Can you guys please look at the link i posted and tell how i could improve this in terms of what i linked
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide