Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Pro Help on Pro Essay QUICKLY

Creator: MrCuddowls September 10, 2012 1:27am

This thread is locked

PLEASE NOTE: This thread has been locked by the moderators. You cannot reply to it.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
DillButt64
<Editor>
DillButt64's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 10, 2012 6:09pm | Report
cudd instead of trying to prove someone wrong about the age they are shouldnt you be working on that essay using the tips everyone told you?
Thanks to TheNamelessBard for the signature
MrCuddowls
<Member>
MrCuddowls's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 10, 2012 6:12pm | Report
DillButt64 wrote:

cudd instead of trying to prove someone wrong about the age they are shouldnt you be working on that essay using the tips everyone told you?

DillButt
I cant do that until i get some more advice in terms of the link i posted
otherwise yes im working on it
Toshabi
<Veteran>
Toshabi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 10, 2012 6:50pm | Report
MrCuddowls wrote:

Introduction (Same as hook, essentially)
Hook
Thesis
Sentence Laying Foundation for the first paragraph
Another for the Second
Another for the third
Restate Hook and Thesis into a transition sentence for the first paragraph

Okay, I will only do your intro paragraph for you to use AS A REFERENCE. The information and ideas I've included in this paragraph will get you on your marry little way to completing this essay that you've waited to the last minute to do. Please note the color coordinated indications from the guideline quoted above.

Throughout the days of our dreary lives, there comes a point in time each day when we’re plagued by the unwanted feeling of boredom. Most of the time, boredom makes its ugly way into our day when we find ourselves without anything stimulating to do, mostly because we find ourselves stuck doing a routine we’re not too fond of doing. There are many ways to beat boredom; for some, they call a friend or family member, others prefer to go outdoors and do some sort of physical activity. In recent times, there has been a new method introduced to the public to kill boredom; videogames. Over the past few decades, videogames have become a medium for entertainment whether it’s for people who are into them casually or as a hobby. Videogames are a creative way to assist in both an engaging and fun outlet for people of any age group to participate in a safe activity to pass along the time and to help us escape the clutches of boredom. Videogames have had many advances in technology to make them more available to be used at any place at any time. To ensure that there is a right videogame for the right person, videogame companies offer a large variety of games to meet the needs of any person of any age group of any interest. Videogames also offer a highway into online communication with communities of ‘videogame players’ with similar interest, resulting in added friendships and introducing people to online communities. Through videogames, people finally have an outlet to be able to get over the dull times in their days by engaging themselves in a creative way to pass the time.

Where you go with this is entirely up to you, that's all the help I will give you.

Time to think/create this paragraph: 8 minutes.
MrCuddowls wrote:

Hahahaha telling me my items are bad HHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAhA
Listen buddy don't judge someone's items if your only level 13
This build is Platinum approved, Thats all you need to know

MrCuddowls
<Member>
MrCuddowls's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 10, 2012 7:28pm | Report
Toshabi wrote:

Okay, I will only do your intro paragraph for you to use AS A REFERENCE. The information and ideas I've included in this paragraph will get you on your marry little way to completing this essay that you've waited to the last minute to do. Please note the color coordinated indications from the guideline quoted above.

Throughout the days of our dreary lives, there comes a point in time each day when we’re plagued by the unwanted feeling of boredom. Most of the time, boredom makes its ugly way into our day when we find ourselves without anything stimulating to do, mostly because we find ourselves stuck doing a routine we’re not too fond of doing. There are many ways to beat boredom; for some, they call a friend or family member, others prefer to go outdoors and do some sort of physical activity. In recent times, there has been a new method introduced to the public to kill boredom; videogames. Over the past few decades, videogames have become a medium for entertainment whether it’s for people who are into them casually or as a hobby. Videogames are a creative way to assist in both an engaging and fun outlet for people of any age group to participate in a safe activity to pass along the time and to help us escape the clutches of boredom. Videogames have had many advances in technology to make them more available to be used at any place at any time. To ensure that there is a right videogame for the right person, videogame companies offer a large variety of games to meet the needs of any person of any age group of any interest. Videogames also offer a highway into online communication with communities of ‘videogame players’ with similar interest, resulting in added friendships and introducing people to online communities. Through videogames, people finally have an outlet to be able to get over the dull times in their days by engaging themselves in a creative way to pass the time.

Where you go with this is entirely up to you, that's all the help I will give you.

Time to think/create this paragraph: 8 minutes.

If you could do the 1st body paragraph i would really appreciate it
Since i want to see how you Restate the paragraph in context of the thesis as a whole
Canoas
<Member>
Canoas's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 10, 2012 7:54pm | Report
Toshabi, you didn't read the example right? The one about poems. It is not supposed to be an informative essay but more like how an hobby helps you with your life, how it affects you.
Toshabi
<Veteran>
Toshabi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 10, 2012 8:02pm | Report
And yet you're not allowed to use I/Me/You? Wow, these essay restrictions blow.

It's especially *****s since the example itself uses personal pronouns. What a *****s assignment. >:[

Go my route and make it informative. If the teacher fails you, tell her/him that they suck ****s.
Canoas
<Member>
Canoas's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 10, 2012 8:26pm | Report
The teacher gave an example, he can't hand in an informative text. That's just like asking someone to get you an apple and he gives you an orange instead. Your preference doesn't matter, it's the client that decides what he wants and how he wants it, even if you think you know a better way.

also, why can't you use I/Me/You?
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 10, 2012 8:40pm | Report
If you can state your point without using personal pronouns, go for it. If you're talking about something from your own experiences, use I/me. There's no rule that says you can't use I/me in an essay, I thought teachers were supposed to tell everyone that in high school. The point of avoiding personal pronouns is to present your opinion confidently (the reader knows it's your opinion) without resorting to "I think" statements every two lines.

ex. "From the games I've played, I've had success building RoA on Kassadin, which I do every game because I think it's a core item on him."

"Rod of Ages is core on Kassadin and should be built frequently because -insert reason-."

Avoiding personal pronouns generally makes your essay more concise, professional and confident. If the topic is of a personal nature, then you really can't avoid it.
Thanks to The_Nameless_Bard for the sig!
Canoas
<Member>
Canoas's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 10, 2012 8:45pm | Report
Well, this isn't an informative essay where the information provided is completely detached from the writer. This is supposed to be a text about a personal experience and how it affected the writer and a particular hobby.
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 10, 2012 8:51pm | Report
Exactly, so it's bound to be full of 'I's and 'Me's. You can still make an argument in parts of it without resorting to using personal pronouns, but any time you make a reference to your own experiences, you have to make it personal.

I'm agreeing with you Canoas, if I didn't make that clear enough. :P
Thanks to Fatelblade for the sig!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide