Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

StarCraft 2!

Creator: B-Wong August 3, 2010 8:23pm
59 posts - page 3 of 6
B-Wong
<Member>
B-Wong's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 9, 2010 5:25pm | Report

Zerg map control is **** proxy pylons there were the wins come from :P just throw 4 gates place a pylon near thier base and make that zerg regret he did an early hatch.

Zergplayer : wMuhaha my master strat is going to work when i got this fast hatch i will throw my spire upp and own this n00bl.

Some mins later: Ok here we go it is upp i am just gonna pump some more workers out and upgrade my hatch soon he will eat mutas >:)

10 secs later: WTF 10 stalkers 5zealots and 3 sentries HOW THE **** DID HE GET THOESE i only have 10 lings. ****ing cheater i will report you ***

Me: "another noob bites the dust"

(Psssst b-wong logg into LoL ;)

Haha, alright.

Thing is: Most Zergs fail at scouting so by the time they've gotten Lair tech up, they haven't scouted that you're going Zealot/Stalker/Sentry and hasn't gotten down the Hydra Den/Roach Warren.

caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 9, 2010 7:59pm | Report
i usually build 3(pairs) zerglings and then about 10 roaches b4 i get to upgrading....
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
B-Wong
<Member>
B-Wong's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 18, 2010 6:39pm | Report
Hmm, well I may not be the best player (Gold League playing against Platinums all the time, still hoping to get up the ladder since I'm rank 1 in my division anyways ;~;) but I have provided you guys with some clips that I just got bored, uploaded them to see if they'd work, and here they are: My 2 replays as of yet. And remember: This is 2 games that I played IN A ROW. So apparently people only know how to cheese nowadays -.-

http://www.sc2replayed.com/replays/58824-1v1-zerg-xelnaga-caverns

http://www.sc2replayed.com/replays/58823-1v1-zerg-xelnaga-caverns

Leave a comment about how I play if you feel like checking it out and maybe what I could improve on, your opinions about the cheese used, etc.

P.S. I noticed they didn't expand after their cheese. They decided to 1base for some reason but whatever. Keep in mind I'm a GOLD playing 2 PLATINUMs.

Alahric
<Ancient Member>
Alahric's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 30, 2010 1:22pm | Report
I Finally got Starcraft II, mostly been playing Protoss since Broodwar.

I usually do 9-pylon, 13-Gate:
9-Pylon: Build at Chokepoint
-Chronoboost Probe Production-
13-Gateway: Defend your Chokepoint.
14-Assimilator: 3 Probes at gas.
16-Pylon: Keep an eye on the supply.
18-Gateway: Zealot vs. Zerg, otherwise Stalker.
- Cybernetics Core: Chronoboost Warpgate tech.
- 3rd Gateway, Robotics Facility, Twilight Council.
- Stargate, Supportbay, or Darkshrine.

I start out with Stalkers, 2-4 Zealots as meatshield and at least 1 Sentry to get guardian shield while and I'm trying to get better at force fields. Harass with that, get him on defensive and expand. Then it's usually Immortals, Colossus or Void Rays depending on the situation. Also got DT's as a trumpf card, it's hilarious to use when they got no detectors.

My favorite gameplan is to tech into Robotics and Dark Shrine, while getting 4 Warpgates. Produce as many stalkers as possible, reaserch blink, then get an Observer and a Warp Prism. Scout the enemy base, Blink all your Stalkers into your opponents base, Warp in 4 DT's with the Warp Prism and use Chronoboost on the Warpgates. Your main objective here is to destroy all the detectors with the Stalkers and cut the mineral line with the DT's. If the enemy tries to advance you should try to kite him. It's usually gg by then, but if he doesn't back down or got back in the game then simply expand while destroying the rest of his base (Tech & Supply) or macro up an army. Personally I scout and place Zealots across map, while locking him in with Warp Prisms and Stalkers. If you can't reach him then go Carriers and Voidrays, Warp prisms + Warp in DT's also do the trick if he doesn't have too many missile turrets and remaining forces. But most of the time I use the mothod listed above, this is kinda cheesey afterall.
Scrax
<Retired Moderator>
Scrax's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 30, 2010 1:37pm | Report
This is so geeky, yet so AWESOME!
PotatisFarfar
<Veteran>
PotatisFarfar's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 30, 2010 1:50pm | Report
So alahric what league are you in ? ;)
B-Wong
<Member>
B-Wong's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 30, 2010 4:06pm | Report

So alahric what league are you in ? ;)

I can't answer for him but I am now in Platinum :D I think I'm staying here for quite a while so I'm happy :)
DTs are futile against me XD I always get air units no matter what race in order to scout. I'll generally sac an Overlord, Observer, or Viking just to scout out the opponent's base. DTs just = 1 overseer/observer(you should have multiple anyways)/Raven then that's quite a wasted investment if you ask me. How's all of your SC2ing going for everyone here? On a losing streak? Etc.

Currently I've been playing Protoss/Terran in custom games and I've been doing alright-ish. My heart still belongs to Zerg though <3 Ultras are ftw.

Alahric
<Ancient Member>
Alahric's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 30, 2010 9:49pm | Report
90% of my matches were custom, a few AI, and I did some of the campaign.
Did a 3v3, and a 4v4 (won both / DC'ed both). So i'm not really sure what League i'm in.
Gigaffect
<Member>
Gigaffect's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 31, 2010 1:40pm | Report
I saw this video on Awfulvision and it left me with this question: what the hell happened to him at the end? (I've never played Starcraft or Starcraft 2, but I want to)

Click on them. You know you want to. Except Jax. He's just there for color.
Yo, I'm Urgot. See that plane? BOOM.
B-Wong
<Member>
B-Wong's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 31, 2010 3:54pm | Report
Gigaffect wrote:

I saw this video on Awfulvision and it left me with this question: what the hell happened to him at the end? (I've never played Starcraft or Starcraft 2, but I want to)

The other person Mothership rushed while the one recording had horrible macro and micro throughout the game (600+ minerals reserved... That makes a fellow Zerg cry) and he had no AA or detection (you should always be getting Hydras vs. P) therefore he died.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide