Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Tera Online: Free to Play

Creator: Leonidas_Sama January 16, 2013 7:45pm
31 posts - page 2 of 4
Darcurse
<Member>
Darcurse's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 17, 2013 4:08am | Report
Played it in Beta (the time when it was still supposed to have a subscription model later on)

The idea to create a Monster Hunter like battle system was neat, the graphics were great too,

BUT,

even with a timeframe of 1-2years the team spent on "westernizing" the game, it was still the same korean **** I personally totally hate to see in mmoRpgs (everyone gets the same items and has to upgrade them +1-X with years of item grinding etc.)
and while the battle system was good on paper it totally failed in actualy combat:

The moment you group with others to do a dungeon etc. you just clear mobs with group hugs and aoe spams...
Boss battle were ok but not THAT outstanding to counter the negative aspects.

The only thing I couldn't check out was the social system they used as their second flagship.
Ppl getting elected and gain power to influence certain things like npc vendors etc.

Again: Sounds really nice on paper, but I kinda guess it didn't work out..

They didn't switch to f2p for no reason, not to mention that they merged all servers into one if I remember correctly..
Hogopogo
<Altruistic Artist>
Hogopogo's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 17, 2013 4:11am | Report
Embracing wrote:

banned in asia fk

Double fk -.-

Its k Embracing I live in china as well..
Leonidas_Sama
<Member>
Leonidas_Sama's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 17, 2013 6:00am | Report
Darcurse wrote:

Played it in Beta (the time when it was still supposed to have a subscription model later on)

The idea to create a Monster Hunter like battle system was neat, the graphics were great too,

BUT,

even with a timeframe of 1-2years the team spent on "westernizing" the game, it was still the same korean **** I personally totally hate to see in mmoRpgs (everyone gets the same items and has to upgrade them +1-X with years of item grinding etc.)
and while the battle system was good on paper it totally failed in actualy combat:

The moment you group with others to do a dungeon etc. you just clear mobs with group hugs and aoe spams...

The only thing I couldn't check out was the social system they used as their second flagship.
Ppl getting elected and gain power to influence certain things like npc vendors etc.

They didn't switch to f2p for no reason, not to mention that they merged all servers into one if I remember correctly..

I didn't get that far to see the see dungeons and what not but most great MMo's like WoW or Rift dungeons are like that. If by the battle system you mean PvP I haven't experienced that either so I can't speak on that either. But the combat is so nice and fast. But one persons opinion to another ^_^

Quoted:
banned in asia fk

Wow that's really sucky :/
Made the signature myself :3
Ninja Trigger
<Editor>
Ninja Trigger's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 17, 2013 9:51am | Report
Darcurse wrote:

BUT,

ugh that's deperssing what level do you even have to be to start running dungeons? hopefully they will unmerge the servers that sounds lame
Sig by jhoijhoi
Leonidas_Sama
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 17, 2013 1:19pm | Report

ugh that's deperssing what level do you even have to be to start running dungeons? hopefully they will unmerge the servers that sounds lame

Nah the servers not merged..There split by pve and pvp and they have more then 1 server for that to
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 17, 2013 1:51pm | Report
They merged the ~10 servers to 3, from what I've heard.
""Toshabi took thy **** and strucketh Hotshot in his face 'thou art no god'" Toshabi 3:16" - Toshabi

"And then, TheJohn said something so Brazilian that it made all the Brazilians in Brazil turn to look at him" - Toshabi

"abloobloo ur triggering me" - Toshabi
Ninja Trigger
<Editor>
Ninja Trigger's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 17, 2013 4:07pm | Report
okay at least they kept pvp and pve separate.
But I cant play it on my laptop right now, at least not smoothly anyway, but I should have a new computer built in a few months or so.
Sig by Emikadon
Leonidas_Sama
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 17, 2013 4:23pm | Report

okay at least they kept pvp and pve separate.
But I cant play it on my laptop right now, at least not smoothly anyway, but I should have a new computer built in a few months or so.

Ya that is cool. And oh it runs really bad?
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 17, 2013 11:43pm | Report
^Not really. It runs pretty well for a game that pretty.

DillButt64
<Editor>
DillButt64's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 17, 2013 11:54pm | Report
Question

if LoL runs goodish (im at like 20-30 fps while playing it) will this game run good on my laptop?
Thanks to TheNamelessBard for the signature

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide