Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

torchlight 2

Creator: caucheka September 21, 2012 9:55am
93 posts - page 1 of 10
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 21, 2012 9:55am | Report
why is no one talking about one of the best games to come out this year?

for those who dont know, torchlight 2 (and 1) were made by runic games, which was formed by some of the guys from blizzard north. (diablo 1 and 2). as such, torchlight is the true spiritual successor to diablo 2, and not the piece of **** that is diablo 3.

sadly the server has been down, but theres nothing stopping you from playing single player or over a lan, or over lan through evolve or tuungle (doesnt work with hamachi apparently)

anyway, right now im rolling a tundra berserker, its like the lovechild of olaf and volibear. all that freezy storm lightning viking man.
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
Fox Rage
<Member>
Fox Rage's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 21, 2012 10:09am | Report
Torchlight 1 was an awesome game. I really enjoyed it. I remember my Berserker on hardcore + very hard. Friend called on skype, and since skype is such a piece of ****, it brought me back to desktop while I was in a huge fight. In other words, I died. QQ.

Really looking forward Torchlight 2.

+rep me and you'll get good karma, wich means you won't be reincarnated into a rock! Isn't that awesome?

But yes this idea has been discussed more than Pam Anderson's tits in a plastic surgeons office.
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 21, 2012 10:30am | Report
Because not everyone thinks it's the best game to come out this year. I played TL 1, it was enjoyable but I got bored.
Canoas
<Member>
Canoas's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 21, 2012 10:40am | Report
From what I've seen of the game I simply prefer D3.

Also, if it wasn't for blizzard "south" Diablo would have been a turn based game. It was them who forced Blizzard North to change it into an hack and slash.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 21, 2012 10:45am | Report
Torchlight 2 seems really good.
Definitely looks better than Diablo 3.

Torchlight 1 was good(probably about equal to D3), but had serious problems in the skill mechanics. It seems Torchlight 2 has solved most of those though.

I'm not a big sucker for these kinds of games though, so I'll just wait for the inevitable steam sale >:D
"Blizzard spoke thus; Thou shalt not BM. And the players replied Nay, I shall Play my hand with Lethal already on the board. And so Blizzard sent unto them this Brawl of Yogg, As a lesson for their sins of Pride and Greed, for he is the Prophet of Madness and RNG. On that day, the tavern descended into an era of chaos and darkness, until the weekend passed and everyone forgot all about it. Amen. Book of SMOrc, Verse 20, Chapter 4." - Feam T
Inferiae
<Member>
Inferiae's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 23, 2012 10:22am | Report
Been playing it pretty solid from release and my overall impression is that for 15 quid it's an absolute steal, it's pretty dam close to D3 in terms of how it plays, to me the one thing I missed in T2 is that there are loading screens where as D3 done a better job of just keeping the action flowing with its seamless design

Where it beats D3 for me though

- Price (duh)
- Pets (seriously why didn't D3 steal this from TL1?)
- Gear itemization
- Offline/Lan play
- Mods will ensure the game stays fresh
Thanks Xiaowiriamu for the awesome signature!
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 24, 2012 2:24am | Report
Wow...
This is one of the best trailers I've seen in a while. It easily crushes big budget trailers like the Assassin's Creed Rise trailer.
Mostly because of the music, but cmon, you can't tell me that this music isn't ******* awesome.
Btw, anybody know what it's called? I've heard it's not part of the soundtrack, but I've yet to check.
"Blizzard spoke thus; Thou shalt not BM. And the players replied Nay, I shall Play my hand with Lethal already on the board. And so Blizzard sent unto them this Brawl of Yogg, As a lesson for their sins of Pride and Greed, for he is the Prophet of Madness and RNG. On that day, the tavern descended into an era of chaos and darkness, until the weekend passed and everyone forgot all about it. Amen. Book of SMOrc, Verse 20, Chapter 4." - Feam T
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 24, 2012 3:28am | Report
idk, but the soundtrack for torchlight 2 is free, http://www.joystiq.com/game/torchlight-2/download/torchlight-2-soundtrack

Matt Uelmen is amazing.
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
Canoas
<Member>
Canoas's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 24, 2012 4:08am | Report
I don't find that trailer anything special. It's pretty much just footage of the game with some words in between. It's way too chaotic to even understand what's happening on the screen.

I don't watch many trailers, but this is definitely one of the worst. A good trailer would teach me something about the game, this doesn't really do anything besides flashing random 1 second clips.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 24, 2012 4:43am | Report
I read reviews and watch videos about the games I wanna know stuff about. Trailers are unreliable as **** if you're looking for actual game footage or info.

I like trailers that wow me away, so this was just my kind of trailer.
I mean; look at Dead Island's trailer. Ask almost anyone and they'll tell you that it was great, because it was! Yet, it did not contain a single gameplay element nor really any other info than the setting.
"I sexually Identify as an Attack Helicopter. Ever since I was a boy I dreamed of soaring over the oilfields dropping hot sticky loads on disgusting foreigners. People say to me that a person being a helicopter is Impossible and I’m ****ing ******ed but I don’t care, I’m beautiful. I’m having a plastic surgeon install rotary blades, 30 mm cannons and AMG-114 Hellfire missiles on my body. From now on I want you guys to call me “Apache” and respect my right to kill from above and kill needlessly. If you can’t accept me you’re a heliphobe and need to check your vehicle privilege. Thank you for being so understanding." - Guuse

"uh, I identify as counterstrike and I find this globally offensive" - ???
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide