Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

What is nintendo gonna do now?

Creator: caucheka December 7, 2011 11:33pm
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 7, 2011 11:33pm | Report
Quoted:
The creator of Super Mario Bros. and The Legend of Zelda will step down from his current position at Nintendo but remain with the company to work on smaller, more personal projects, Wired.com has learned.

In an exclusive interview with Wired.com on Wednesday, the 59-year-old head of Nintendo’s game design department said that he will move away from supervising the development of massive games like this year’s Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword and Super Mario 3D Land, passing the torch to the younger designers in the company and working on projects that won’t take as long to complete.

“Inside our office, I’ve been recently declaring, ‘I’m going to retire, I’m going to retire,’” Miyamoto said through his interpreter. “I’m not saying that I’m going to retire from game development altogether. What I mean by retiring is, retiring from my current position.”

“What I really want to do is be in the forefront of game development once again myself,” Miyamoto said. “Probably working on a smaller project with even younger developers. Or I might be interested in making something that I can make myself, by myself. Something really small.”

i mean sure, he fully trusts nintendo to not screw things over without him leading the way, but how much will this really affect them?

source: http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2011/12/miyamoto-interview/
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
Toshabi
<Veteran>
Toshabi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 7, 2011 11:36pm | Report
The same thing happened with Lauren Faust and My Little Pony. Season 2 is just as strong (if not stronger) then season 1. They paved the way for others to follow and will be a watch dog, I doubt anything terrible will happen.
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 7, 2011 11:38pm | Report
oh no, im not saying anything bad will happen, just interested in seeing how this affects nintendo as a whole.
omagma
<Member>
omagma's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 8, 2011 12:50am | Report
It cant get much worse than it is now.

I played my Wii for the first time in almost a year when Skyward sword game out.
Thanks to me and Elleeeeeka (love that name) for my sigs.
If i made a helpful comment on your guide/build, then hit that +rep button. or don't, its not like i care.
ALL HAIL QUEEN CHRYSALIS!
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 8, 2011 12:53am | Report
They're gonna move on and make something better.

Nintendo was failing behind anyway. :P
True love is found only in yourself.
Diesel
<Veteran>
Diesel's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 8, 2011 1:26am | Report
UPDATE: http://wii.ign.com/articles/121/1214255p1.html

Quoted:
Contacted by Reuters Japan, Nintendo is denying a report from Wired that Shigeru Miyamoto is stepping down from his current role as Senior Managing Director and General Manager of Nintendo's Entertainment Analysis and Development Division.

"This is absolutely not true. There seems to have been a misunderstanding. [Miyamoto] has said all along that he wants to train the younger generation. He has no intention of stepping down. Please do not be concerned," a Nintendo of Japan spokeswoman told Reuters.
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 8, 2011 1:28am | Report
misinterpreted translations are fun. /thread
Samoh
<Member>
Samoh's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 8, 2011 3:13am | Report
I don't think a lot will change really, it will continue making 71 handheld consoles a year, and 'wii'ing' everywhere.
Thanks to Koksei, The_Nameless_Bard,JhoiJhoi, LaCorpse, JEFFY40HANDS and myself for the signatures! I am also a certified gangster.
LaronX
<Member>
LaronX's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 8, 2011 5:24am | Report
He will still be around and if they let him do now even more what he want chances are good to see some awsm mini games for the WII(U) and the 3DS. I also belive nothing can stop this man from at least look at stuff and complain if its bad.
TheJohn
<Editor>
TheJohn's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 8, 2011 5:49am | Report
Nintendo is nothing now. SNES was THE videogame before, but that quality decreased so hard that now you have a videogame with children graphics, boring gameplay and the other companies have improved the system.

Nintendo should stop that Wii thing and plan a new videogame, better movement detection system, better graphics, no remote control.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide