Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

What is nintendo gonna do now?

Creator: caucheka December 7, 2011 11:33pm
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
ExamplePrime
<Member>
ExamplePrime's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 8, 2011 10:51am | Report
Lugignaf wrote:

They're gonna move on and make something better.

Nintendo was failing behind anyway. :P

Maybe make a new IP heaven forbid
Shameless plug: www.youtube.com/Exampleprime
---
I play games, I write stories. And I make youtube videos that are way to long.
TheJohn
<Editor>
TheJohn's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 8, 2011 11:03am | Report
I have Halo Reach, Luther.

Multiplayer isnt that important in my case, I prefer to buy a great game with awesome story, inovating, good graphics.
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 8, 2011 12:04pm | Report
Meh, I liked Reach's campaign. Halo:CE will always be the best though.

Maybe make a new IP heaven forbid

Nintendo? No way in hell rofl.
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 8, 2011 12:06pm | Report
yeah. there have been 133 games with mario as the main character. not including games like smash bros and other games where he just shows up for one scene or something.
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 8, 2011 12:43pm | Report
TheJohn wrote:

SNES was THE videogame before

Dat quote.
Might go into my sig.
Google has a job title called "Head of Black Community Engagement"..
I don't know whether to cry or laugh.. or both.
Darcurse
<Member>
Darcurse's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 8, 2011 2:57pm | Report
Dunno but SNES was the ONLY system of its time who was succesfull ww.

The moment PS came up, Nintendo countered with N64.
Still pretty okay, N64 had all the titles that were popular on SNES and the grapical development was still "bad" so N64's comic-style could still hold itself against PS who tried to go for realism.

After that PS2, GC and XBox came up.
PS2 had better graphics and Xbox better online presence.
What about GC? Still graphics behind standard.
GC wasnt rly a valuable investment at all, the only thing Nintendo did right there was to offer multiplayer gaming on a single system while attracting a different audience than the other two, THAT alone paved the way for Wii.

The only thing that saved Nintendo's oldtimer so far, was the privilege to be the first, thus offering some great licensed games (Zelda/Super Mario/Super Smash Bros. etc) and partly the development besides basic playing.

Now, Wii is totally down the gutter, what kept Nintendo running is now countered by the community, developing into the direction of online playing, while Wii's only uniqueness is outplayed by Xbox/PS own motion system.

If they arent going to push their graphical issues to the current standards, offer a greater variety of system-sellers and add an online base, the next Nintendo will be nothing more than a better brick...

Nintendo missed more than a few "demand trains".

Just from my own experience:
You know Monster Hunter? THE title for PSP.
Nintendo managed to get their hands on the privilege to develop the next one after MH:FU (Freedom Unite was the last one on PSP, wasnt it?)for Wii (Monster Hunter Tri), except graphics (Wii was only a tad better, mostly because you could play it on a TV screen) the gaming experience/content/fun was EXACTLY the same.
Based on personal opinion, you could also judge MH on PSP to be the better choice if you find handhelds to be more convenient, otherwise there isnt rly a difference.
Icuonuez
<Member>
Icuonuez's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 8, 2011 5:12pm | Report
Monster Hunter Tri only catered to the Monster Hunter fans. TBH, it wasn't even that good of a game. The Wii really shined when it first came out. Twilight Princess, Mario Galaxy, and Super Smash Bros. Brawl really set the bar for the Wii. What killed it was after the initial release, they started catering to the female audience with Wii Fit and the like. I was never really turned off by the Wii's graphics, as graphics aren't really everything. Take Final Fantasy XIII, and how much of a ****ing failfest it was. Probably some of the best graphics I've ever seen for an Xbox game, but the story was so terrible it made me want to gouge my eyes out for buying the garbage. Your opinion really just comes down to graphics and online content. If you want graphics, spend 300 dollars for a PS3, and you'll have all the graphical goodies you want. If you want online content, the PC has all the variety of online content you could ever want. If you want to invite friends over and have fun, or have some really amazing single-player experience, that's why the Wii is still in.

Special thanks to Keondre for the sig!

Due to inactivity, I am no longer reviewing guides. Sorry guys :(
Thalia Kael
<Inhouse Addict>
Thalia Kael's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 8, 2011 5:43pm | Report
ik that graphics arent everything but i find that the newer zelda games have horrid graphics

i also dont enjoy the stories and gameplay of the newer zelda games

by newer zelda games i mean the DS ones and Skywardsword
Thanks to FatelBlade, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, TheNamelessBard, GrandmasterD, aviseras and koksei for the awesome signatures
TheJohn
<Editor>
TheJohn's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 8, 2011 5:49pm | Report
Everybody wanted a SNES when I was 4-5 years old.
When I bought a PSX (10 years old), it was a good videogame, the games had a charm that N64 ones didnt.
PS2 was the most sold videogame ever. For the 5-6 years I have mine, I've never heard of Game Cube and Xbox just got noticed when the 360 came. People bought Wii because its new, you wasnt just sit there playing, the videogame could understand your movements.
Now, Xbox 360 and PS3 are ruling the market.
Icuonuez
<Member>
Icuonuez's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 8, 2011 5:57pm | Report
TheJohn wrote:

Everybody wanted a SNES when I was 4-5 years old.
When I bought a PSX (10 years old), it was a good videogame, the games had a charm that N64 ones didnt.
PS2 was the most sold videogame ever. For the 5-6 years I have mine, I've never heard of Game Cube and Xbox just got noticed when the 360 came. People bought Wii because its new, you wasnt just sit there playing, the videogame could understand your movements.
Now, Xbox 360 and PS3 are ruling the market.

You are mislead. Sony is having the most trouble out of the 3 systems. They don't have many titles to their names, and half the games that can be bought for PS3 can also be bought for Xbox360, the more popular system. Wii is doing better because they still have retro gamers, children, and women at their side. I had both a Gamecube and a PS2. I barely touched the PS2. The gamecube was just more fun and innovative. All PS2 had was subpar racing games and repeats of games from the PS1 (Spyro, anyone?)

Special thanks to Keondre for the sig!

Due to inactivity, I am no longer reviewing guides. Sorry guys :(
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide