Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

What is nintendo gonna do now?

Creator: caucheka December 7, 2011 11:33pm
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Icuonuez
<Member>
Icuonuez's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 8, 2011 8:02am | Report
Luther3000 wrote:

What I read: GWAHAHAHA I AM MASTAIR RAEC PC GAMER! IF YOU LIKE SOMETHING I DON'T YOU ARE A ***** COWARD!

Common misconception. My point is that people shouldn't use console games for competition, as it lacks any real skill. Controllers just kill difficulty ratings. Let's take Halo for example. Sniping - easy, SWAT - easy, Slayer - grenade lobbing, Zombies - Too easy. Now let's compare it to one of the more popular pc games, Team Fortress 2. Sniping - difficult, Soldier - difficult, pvp - objective-based, and difficult. You can compare any xbox shooter to any pc shooter, and the difficult will be in favor of pc.

TL;DR Halo is ****.

Special thanks to Keondre for the sig!

Due to inactivity, I am no longer reviewing guides. Sorry guys :(
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 8, 2011 8:04am | Report
I agree with the competitive part, but Halo is not **** just because it's non-competitive and you think it is.

Competitive =/= Good
Icuonuez
<Member>
Icuonuez's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 8, 2011 8:08am | Report
Halo is a competitive game that requires no skill. Unless you play for the storyline, you're generally having a flat gaming experience.

Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 8, 2011 8:10am | Report
Icuonuez wrote:

Halo is a competitive game that requires no skill. Unless you play for the storyline, you're generally having a flat gaming experience.

I play it for the campaign and because the Halo games are one of the best 'invite friend over, play splitscreen for 8 hours' experiences you can have.

That said I played the Reach multiplayer and a bit of the Halo 3 multiplayer with the free XBL time you are given and it was fairly fun even so.
Icuonuez
<Member>
Icuonuez's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 8, 2011 8:13am | Report
Luther3000 wrote:

I play it for the campaign and because the Halo games are one of the best 'invite friend over, play splitscreen for 8 hours' experiences you can have.

I do agree, the campaign was more on the fun side. However, it's hard to play it more than once. I was generally speaking more towards the pvp part of the game.

TheJohn
<Editor>
TheJohn's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 8, 2011 8:15am | Report
I dont hate nintendo, I like many games they made. But the quality just decreased. SNES was a master, it took years so a company could make a new videogame that was better and could draw more attention.

What I'm trying to say is that Nintendo create new things, but they used to hold the first place for a longer time.

Now about Halo: its the worst FPS game I've ever played. The campain is kinda bad, weapons are useless there, its a lot better to punch enemies than waste all your bullets and dont kill the bro. The online part is good, but not enough to make the game acceptable after the campain disaster.
Icuonuez
<Member>
Icuonuez's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 8, 2011 8:18am | Report
TheJohn wrote:

I dont hate nintendo, I like many games they made. But the quality just decreased. SNES was a master, it took years so a company could make a new videogame that was better and could draw more attention.

What I'm trying to say is that Nintendo create new things, but they used to hold the first place for a longer time.

As far as consoles go, Xbox is leaning more towards the "Pro" gamers, while Sony is shooting for the Recreational players. In other words, the guys who think graphics are everything. Nintendo was leaning more towards the women, children, and retro gamers when they made the Wii. The Wii was made to attract a newer audience to gaming. They already have the die-hard Nintendo fans at their side, so why not?

EDIT: Reverse everything you just said, and that's how I feel about it. Campaign was good, you just weren't playing on the right difficulty. Punching someone on legendary got you insta-gibbed. The multiplayer is fun for the first few months. However, you can feel it start to wear on you the more you play. I regret buying Reach, to be completely honest. Could've spent that money on the new Assassin's Creed :/

Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 8, 2011 8:21am | Report
TheJohn wrote:

Now about Halo: its the worst FPS game I've ever played. The campain is kinda bad, weapons are useless there, its a lot better to punch enemies than waste all your bullets and dont kill the bro. The online part is good, but not enough to make the game acceptable after the campain disaster.

Lol? I don't know what game you were playing, but clearly it was very different to mine.

Halo:CE didn't even have online multiplayer on Xbox.

@Icuonuez, every console is aiming for casual players now. We'll be lucky if a controller is even included with the next generation.
Icuonuez
<Member>
Icuonuez's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 8, 2011 8:22am | Report
Luther3000 wrote:

Lol?

Halo:CE didn't even have online multiplayer on Xbox.

You can bet Halo 4 will though.

Samoh
<Member>
Samoh's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 8, 2011 9:26am | Report
Every opinion here is invalid, I will continue to play games competitively on my Nokia NGAGE-qd
Thanks to Koksei, The_Nameless_Bard,JhoiJhoi, LaCorpse, JEFFY40HANDS and myself for the signatures! I am also a certified gangster.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide