Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

What is nintendo gonna do now?

Creator: caucheka December 7, 2011 11:33pm
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Icuonuez
<Member>
Icuonuez's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 8, 2011 7:09pm | Report
Luther3000 wrote:

Meh, it's still Nintendo exclusive.

The only two games I own for the Wii.

And I keep putting off playing Fire Emblem.

The storlyine is awesome. You should finish it. I really like the Fire Emblem games. I'm with you though Nighthawk, I wasn't really a big fan of Galaxy. It was, however, a big hit for most people.

Special thanks to Keondre for the sig!

Due to inactivity, I am no longer reviewing guides. Sorry guys :(
Icuonuez
<Member>
Icuonuez's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 8, 2011 7:12pm | Report
Icuonuez wrote:

The storlyine is awesome. You should finish it. I really like the Fire Emblem games. I'm with you though Nighthawk, I wasn't really a big fan of Galaxy. It was, however, a big hit for most people.

Also, Nintendo bought Sega out.

Thalia Kael
<Inhouse Addict>
Thalia Kael's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 8, 2011 7:13pm | Report
yeah i dont know how ppl liked galaxy it was pure garbage

But i agree with you the fire emblem games are awesome

the storyline is meh, though

i mostly like it for the gameplay
Thanks to FatelBlade, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, TheNamelessBard, GrandmasterD, aviseras and koksei for the awesome signatures
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 9, 2011 4:43am | Report
Luther3000 wrote:

Nintendo have been relying solely on remaking the same Mario, Zelda and Sonic game over and over since the mid-90s and people still swallow their ****.

******ed statement.

They make entirely different games, just with the same characters.
"Gold can't buy you rape." - Mr Sark
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 9, 2011 6:23am | Report
Searz wrote:

******ed statement.

this sounds eerily like almost the same sentence...>.>

Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 9, 2011 7:19am | Report
Searz wrote:

******ed statement.

And the same gameplay.

And slightly better graphics.

Not that Nintendo are the only ones to do this or even the worst example of it. *COUGHCALLOFDUTYCOUGH*
Icuonuez
<Member>
Icuonuez's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 9, 2011 7:36am | Report
Luther3000 wrote:

And the same gameplay.

And slightly better graphics.

Not that Nintendo are the only ones to do this or even the worst example of it. *COUGHCALLOFDUTYCOUGH*

This isn't entirely true. While it wasn't an amazing game, Mario Galaxy was alot different than the other Mario installments. Also, Skyward Sword is much different than any other Zelda that's come out so far. Even Kirby got a change of pace with the Wii. There are really only a few games that repeated the gameplay without bringing anything new to the table. I.E. Monster Hunter Tri, Fire Emblem.

Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 9, 2011 8:07am | Report
Yeah, but two games out of hundreds.

I'm fine if Fire Emblem repeats its' gameplay because it has new storylines and characters each time (I've played both GBA FE games and I own the GC and Wii ones, I just haven't gotten around to playing them yet).

From what I gather every Mario and Zelda game is just 'herp derp the princess got kidnapped again, go save her' and then the same gameplay/storyline as every other game before. I dunno about Skyward Sword though, I have heard good things about it.

Fact remains that a massive percentage of Wii games are shovelware.
TheJohn
<Editor>
TheJohn's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 9, 2011 8:19am | Report
In other words, Nintendo is reapeating the same error for many years. They should forget Mario and Zelda and create new characters. Both are good, but people are tired of them.
Darcurse
<Member>
Darcurse's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 10, 2011 4:24pm | Report
You guys are drifting off too much in personal opinion land right now.

In fact Nintendo still keep their family flavoured fan base and the few titles like Mario/Zelda/Super Smash Bros. save them some off the "real" gamers, but I rly wonder if thats enough.

Xbox and mostly PS doesnt bother going that way, both develope from gamining into multimedia, while their gaming is still designed for "gamers".

Now that they have both published their own motion system, which was also an overall plus for Wii, what happens if they start to get more family-friendly as well?

They succeed: Nintendo is ****ed since they cant extend their reach into the other audience.

Why the heck should somebody bother with a system thats short on graphics/multimedia/online capabilities while only offering 4-5 good titles?
As a gamer, I wouldnt even bother evaluating the differences between Nintendo:XBox or Nintendo:PS, except for those few titles.
As a family man, why not getting sth that entertains the kids + let me watch movies and do other stuff?

And yeah, graphics are a huge issue today, since most ppl get easily distracted by some shiny special effects, most providers dont even bother with things like story anymore.
In the past there were many good movies/series/games that kept you entertained without frying your brain thx to the lights coming from the screen that could easily heat the room on a long winternight.. but thats just IMO. Ofc there are still good ones coming up now and then, but way less than back in the good ol' days.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide