Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

World's Current oldest woman dies last week.

Creator: Toshabi April 6, 2015 9:13am
sirell
<Member>
sirell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 8, 2015 6:31am | Report
Well, Ichi is actually right in this instance. What you originally said really didn't bare any relevance to what Emoriam posted, at least in the intended sense he was putting it.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 8, 2015 6:37am | Report
sirell wrote:
Well, Ichi is actually right in this instance. What you originally said really didn't bare any relevance to what Emoriam posted, at least in the intended sense he was putting it.

I phrased the comment pretty poorly.
But it is relevant.
Did you not read my edit? This is what I meant:
"as I clarified in a comment further down: the quad core is a pretty insignificant invention, especially compared to the light bulb."
Google has a job title called "Head of Black Community Engagement"..
I don't know whether to cry or laugh.. or both.
emoriam
<Veteran>
emoriam's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 8, 2015 6:39am | Report
I deleted my comment, can you please stop discussing now
Thanks to Natuhlee for this sig!
sirell
<Member>
sirell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 8, 2015 6:52am | Report
If what he said was actually about the comparison of inventions, then I might agree, but he is not. The main point of his comment was quite clearly on how long this woman had lived as is the topic of this thread.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 8, 2015 7:10am | Report
sirell wrote:
If what he said was actually about the comparison of inventions, then I might agree, but he is not. The main point of his comment was quite clearly on how long this woman had lived as is the topic of this thread.

emoriam: "She lived in three different centuries thus in a time in which the bulb used to be an insane invention and in a time in which mobile phone devices carry quad-core processors."
He used the two to signify great changes, right?
So my point that "the quad core is a pretty insignificant invention" should be relevant, no?
The moment a religious person unknowingly calls his own ways stupid: "And lol. I highly doubt you have magic powers. If you proved it I would believe you, but since you 'refuse to', I choose not to."
emoriam
<Veteran>
emoriam's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 8, 2015 7:16am | Report
Can you please stop discussing a deleted comment. Thank you.
Thanks to Emikadon for this sig!
Foxy Riven
<Editor>
Foxy Riven's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 8, 2015 7:18am | Report
We should make a thread about the inventions throughout the ages to keep him away from this thread so we can actually talk about the old bag.

She lived through the invention of the fly-swatter to the invention of world's thinnest condom, think about that!

I guess we'll all have to start eating sushi.
(Check out my guides, they're linked to their pictures!)

If I helped you in any way, that +REP is always nice^^
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 8, 2015 7:29am | Report
xIchi and Searz this really should not be a topic for heated debate. Like really guys, show some civility. >_>
Searz wrote:
If you want to marvel at anything regarding smartphones then marvel at the package. It's a package with a high-quality screen with small borders, reasonable amount of compute power, the ability to establish a high-speed connecttion to a global network through a variety of radio frequencies and methods, storage capable of holding vast quantities of data, microphone, speaker, GPS with triangulation support, accelerometer, gyroscope, light sensor, proximity sensor, temperature sensors, magnetic field sensor, pressure sensor and of course two cameras one of which is usually very good for the size. And all of this fits in the palm of your hand. THAT is amazing. The fact that they have four cores? It's pretty insignificant in comparison.

For what it's worth, I think this is an excellent point, though your original argument seems fairly fruitless since Emoriam was just pointing out that things have changed a lot in this one woman's lifetime. He could just as easily have said "and now most people have personal computers that can fit in their pockets" or something.

Normally here's where I'd ask everyone to get back on topic, but apparently there has only been one on-topic post since the beginning of the thread. :/

If you guys would rather discuss the minutia of mobile devices, I don't really care that much, but please keep it respectful.

Edit: Oops, missed Foxy's post, so I guess that's two on-topic posts. Good work Foxy. :P
Thanks to Hoppermh for the sig!
utopus
<Veteran>
utopus's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 8, 2015 7:32am | Report
ooph - It's derailing like this that makes me avoid posting in the off-topic forum haha.
I was born in 1994... I wonder if I'll be able to live through 3 different centuries as well. With the rate at which progress is happening in STEM, I could write an autobiography on what it was like to experience history, and describe what 'progress' means to me
If I helped you out, be sure to throw me a +Rep!
-

My Soraka Guide | My Review Service

Thanks a lot for the sig, jhoi! :)
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 8, 2015 9:01am | Report
Waaaaaaaait....you're younger than me? .-.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide