Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

ADC Orianna

Creator: Ilynx June 11, 2013 1:00pm
1 2
Ilynx
<Member>
Ilynx's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 11, 2013 1:00pm | Report
The other day, I played a game where someone played Orianna as adc. The player was convinced that it was a decent idea because of her passive. So far as I know, Orianna's passive doesn't aid her that much in terms of the extra 50 damage + 40% ap. The bad thing about her passive is that, as I have said, its damage scales with the ap that she has, not the ad. Any thoughts on the position?
Deadlydave
<Member>
Deadlydave's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 11, 2013 1:42pm | Report
I think ADC Orianna sounds terrible though I think with the coming buffs to on-hit items, on hit Orianna may become viable.
If I helped, I would appreciate the +rep
luizdeh
<Member>
luizdeh's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 11, 2013 2:47pm | Report
^ this.

New Wit's End and Nashor's Tooth should work wonders on Kayle, Teemo and Orianna (if that's what you're going for).

Basically, any AP caster with a decent AA steroid should benefit from these items.
DarkPercy
<Member>
DarkPercy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 11, 2013 11:07pm | Report
It does work. Max E first and go mid, shield yourself and autoattack enemy to death

Made by -NA- Veng Lmfao
MyRepublic
<Member>
MyRepublic's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 12, 2013 12:25am | Report
DarkPercy wrote:

It does work. Max E first and go mid, shield yourself and autoattack enemy to death

wouldn't adc Janna be better for that purpose

Thank you Miss Maw, CasterMaster and Arcana3 for the sweet sigs. I'd definitely recommend you to anyone looking for a nice sig.

"But we are stronger creatures than babies, why cant we hunt them?"- Meiyjhe
DisturbedFox
<Inhouse Regular>
DisturbedFox's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 12, 2013 1:24am | Report
useless piece of ****
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 13, 2013 12:32am | Report
DarkPercy wrote:

I think that's just AD mid Orianna.

ADC Orianna (like, if you're trying to play her as if she was a normal ADC in bot lane with a support) has 525 range, which is a bit shorter than most adcs. She also has no escapes, no AD scalings and her CC is fairly lackluster without accompanying burst damage. Basically there isn't a great reason to play her as an ADC. She'll get outscaled pretty hard in team fights because her range and kit doesn't suit an ADC and I doubt her laning phase would be particularly strong. To put it in perspective, you could play a real ADC without an escape like Varus, deal a lot more damage with AD items and you have a stronger CC on your ultimate.

Any ranged champion can use autoattacks to harass in early laning phase and they can always throw some autos in between spells or when they're waiting for them to come off cooldown. Just build Orianna as an AP carry and you can use her passive effectively. Just because it buffs her autoattacks doesn't mean she would work well as an ADC.
Thanks to The_Nameless_Bard for the sig!
DarkPercy
<Member>
DarkPercy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 13, 2013 9:16am | Report
There's no ''bot lane'' included in ADC :P. AD carries can go mid. But yeah, the thread is probably about regular bot lane ADC Orianna, which doesn't work so well.
My AP Xin Zhao guide is on the way!
ValeCallampaXD
<Member>
ValeCallampaXD's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 23, 2013 9:09am | Report
One thing is that you "CAN" do it or its "viable", and the other one is that its really a good choice.
I use Orianna a lot, mid and support, and both are good choices, but adc..... at least Kayle has a LOT of damage scaling in his e, but ori would have no critical, would be pretty weak as with no ap you'll have no shield, and would get eaten by any Tristana Caitlyn or any regular adc.
Joshified
<Member>
Joshified's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 23, 2013 5:23pm | Report
You could potentially build her similar to Kennen?
Starting out with some early Doran's Blades then building ap would be interesting...

Mundo goes where he pleases.

And pleases, where he goes.

1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide