Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Tank itemization idea

Creator: Skaeling August 22, 2013 3:19pm
1 2
Skaeling
<Member>
Skaeling's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 22, 2013 3:19pm | Report
I have been building Banshee's Veil + Spirit Visage + Thornmail/ Sunfire Aegis/ Randuin's Omen lately on pretty much all tanks. This combo is even more amazing when coupled with some innate healing spell. For example on a very long Amumu game my build was Visage+Banshee's+warmogs+Thornamil+Liandrys+Ninja Tabi (the other team also had full builds at this point) and unless all their team focused me I just simply didn't die, and if I got ignored, I slowly but surely shredded their team. I'm especially interested of thoughts on SV+BV+an armor item combo.

"You, you can't even break a rule - how can you be expected to break bone?" - Gandalf
Pheyniex
<Member>
Pheyniex's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 22, 2013 3:28pm | Report
I never build Sunfire Aegis, I hate it. Thornmail is situational and is probably bad in most cases. Either way, Locket of the Iron Solari is still very good early, but not always. Banshee's Veil AND Spirit Visage is, i think, i bit too much Mres.
Regardless, and I agree that most Items there are rather good, you should consider your choices in a less linear fashion.

As requested to GMD himself.
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 22, 2013 3:32pm | Report
Pheyniex wrote:

I never build Sunfire Aegis, I hate it. Thornmail is situational and is probably bad in most cases. Either way, Locket of the Iron Solari is still very good early, but not always. Banshee's Veil AND Spirit Visage is, i think, i bit too much Mres.
Regardless, and I agree that most Items there are rather good, you should consider your choices in a less linear fashion.

So basically you're saying that everything is good but not always and that you hate a specific, very good, item and therefore never build it? Genius with a capital J!
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 22, 2013 3:44pm | Report
Why a capital J?
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by Tauricus2017 ♡
Khazem
<King of the Hill>
Khazem's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 22, 2013 3:48pm | Report
Jovy
<Admin>
Jovy's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 22, 2013 3:48pm | Report
lold

thank you jhoijhoi for the signature <3
Pheyniex
<Member>
Pheyniex's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 22, 2013 3:49pm | Report

So basically you're saying that everything is good but not always and that you hate a specific, very good, item and therefore never build it? Genius with a capital J!

For someone that hasn't topped in a fair while trying to respond to someone else that shields himself in matters of style, yes, it's as Jenious as it can be. At least write it properly, if you mention it.

If you insist in not understanding what "being good but not everytime" means, maybe you should welcome yourself to chaos.

Sig made by elenah
Skaeling
<Member>
Skaeling's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 22, 2013 3:52pm | Report
Jenius

Also perhaps it didn't come across, the point of this build is to bait enemies to focus you, when you have crazy hpregen going on. If you have some additional shield (like J4) or heal (like Aatrox), and you have 10% hp left, it often makes the enemy over-commit on you.

"You, you can't even break a rule - how can you be expected to break bone?" - Gandalf
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 23, 2013 5:01am | Report
Spirit of the Ancient Golem, Frozen Heart, Spirit Visage, Iceborn Gauntlet, Wit's End

Cuz gems are truly outragous.

Every tank has a different build, because some of them scale with ap, some scale with as, some scale with ad, some scale with armor, some scale with mr and some scale with health.

For example, Taric scales with armor, mana and as, this is optimized with that build.
Meiyjhe
<Member>
Meiyjhe's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 23, 2013 5:03am | Report
Randuins and spirit visage 2 strong dese days.

Which I don't mind :3
Change is gooooood
Picture by: My valentine; jamespongebob <3
Want to advertise your guide, but don't know where? Click here for an opportunity of a lifetime!
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide