Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Am i crazy A little ap for warwick

Creator: nightofshame February 28, 2014 8:46pm
nightofshame
<Member>
nightofshame's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 28, 2014 8:46pm | Report
So I have been playing warwick a lot and I noticed he does some magic damage with his Q. So would I be a little crazy to sprinkle some ap in his build ie rod of ages for heath and mana and a little ap or just stick to straight ad and def? This is driving me nuts not sure if it is worth it. any help would be great maybe even adding some ap in masteries and info would be great thanks in advance. I am kinda still a noob. I am lvl 30 but have not played ranks yet I only have min champs and don't want to hang people out to dry
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 28, 2014 9:01pm | Report
He has poor AP scaling, it's pretty much as simple as that. I've built some AP on warwick before and it's not terrible but generally it doesn't make you very useful to your team. I personally think an Athene's Unholy Grail rush works against AP teemo top though.

Usually you just build tanky with a little bit of damage somewhere in your build. Sunfire Aegis, Wit's End and Blade of the Ruined King are good options to help your damage, while the rest of your build should be tanky ( Frozen Heart, Randuin's Omen, Spirit Visage, Mercury's Treads/ Ninja Tabi, stuff like that). I could maybe see Ravenous Hydra working if you wanted to be a sort of split-pusher or something but I haven't tried it.
Thanks to The_Nameless_Bard for the sig!
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 1, 2014 12:14am | Report
If you want to play AP Warwick, you have to watch this:

/league-of-legends/ability/hungering-strike-53
PrimalAvatar
<Member>
PrimalAvatar's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 2, 2014 5:01pm | Report
You could build something like a Nashor's tooth, which goes well with his kit, but other than that, going AP warwick isn't all that worth it. Athene's isn't bad as well because it fixes his mana problems if you don't build something like frozen heart or stack tons of mana.
Mooninites
<Member>
Mooninites's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 3, 2014 2:02pm | Report
I probably wouldn't Rod of Ages on WW, but Iceborn Gauntlet is pretty good on him and gives a small amount of AP.
Thanks for the Signature MissMaw!
Hannul
<Inhouse Addict>
Hannul's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 4, 2014 3:35pm | Report
The reason no one plays AP Warwick anymore is because his Hungering Strike used to heal for 100% of the damage, but now it heals for 80%. Since it has a low CD and high damage it's certainly still okay, you just won't stomp as hard as before+ there's a lot more cc in this meta. Extremely strong nukes with a Lich Bane and auto after q, then ulting and having the first hit as a Lich Bane proc. Like I said, not necessarily bad but his sustain was nerfed so it's just not as great. Also that guy never broke the meta in anything. Everyone's done it before him, but chose not to publicize it because it either only works in normal, is OP and slowly spreading, or it just doesn't work and they stop after the first attempt. The only reason I would watch someone play a game is either for commentary, I'm not going to play the game, or they're legitimately funny (even in stupid ways but still funny at least). No not PewDiePie eeuugh

Basically how I play LoL
utopus
<Veteran>
utopus's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 6, 2014 7:40pm | Report
Usually, warwick works best with items with on hit effects, like Blade of the Ruined King, Wit's End, and Iceborn Gauntlet. This is due to the nature of the large amount of healing he can get from his Hungering Strike, and the vast amount of autoattacks he can get in with hunter's call, and Infinite Duress, and perhaps Blood Scent (if you think that the extra MS would equate to more AA's since the team would be able to kite you less, but that's generally not an issue)
If I helped you out, be sure to throw me a +Rep!
-

My Soraka Guide | My Review Service

Thanks a lot for the sig, jhoi! :)

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide