Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Any chance to keep Rengar a high burst damage...

Creator: KatariFIRE May 22, 2014 1:17pm
KatariFIRE
<Member>
KatariFIRE's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 22, 2014 1:17pm | Report
Rengar always my favorite champion, even he has some change in his kit, I still enjoy playing him most of the times.

Now, he cannot do his signature triple Savagery.

His Bola Strike is no longer a target ability.

His Thrill of the Hunt now gain ferocity "after" jump not "before".

Some say that these changes ruin him, but I suggest that it only push us to find a new way to play.

Though I never witness his potential before patch 4.5 (I am indeed a new player), I've watch a lot of videos and read a lot of comments from senior players.

I do saw a lot of tanky build on new Rangar, but I must admit that I do like his previous jump and burst style than bruiser one.

I also have watched this video about interesting combo that can considered to be the new way of doing a triple or quad Savagery.

But I have test this combo in real life and find that it's hard to land full combo as fast as this guy does, I mostly end up having about 1-2 second until I can do third Savagery.

My own order is (( R - Jump - Q - Q - W - E - Q )) since it is easier to do, and if it fail, you still has confirm damage from Q - Q - W.

If you guys have any tips to do it a little easier I would gladly accept your advise.

Here my Item set.

Guide me if I should remove or add something.

****Off topic****

Oh! nearly forget one thing, I am not a heavenly skilled player but only someone with level 26.

Love this game, can say that I love it more than my 6 years with DOTA, HON and DOTA2 combined.

English is not my mother tongue, I wish that you guys will not too confuse with my words :).
"There is the Hunter and the Hunted"
KatariFIRE
<Member>
KatariFIRE's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 22, 2014 1:27pm | Report
I also want to know if we can do a "Top lane" Rangar?, and what does his build should look like?

Doran Blade + X 1 Health Potion?

Doran Shield?
"There is the Hunter and the Hunted"
Zordagoth
<Member>
Zordagoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 22, 2014 2:59pm | Report
I play Rengar top sometimes, and generally build it bruiser :
Ravenous Hydra always (or almost) first, then mr if ap opponent, armor if ad opponent.

If you are having a good game, you can build another offensive item like Trinity Force Last Whisper or Blade of the Ruined King.

Rengar has immense sustain, so he can stay in lane and get farmed up, whatever opponent he have, even hard match ups.

Try it, it's pretty fun :p
Isolanporzellator's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 26, 2014 2:43pm | Report
I think he's still pretty viable.

Well, actually only saw Rengar 1 time since the last patch, but he was pretty dominating and clearly isn't out of the game. Build was Spirit of the Elder Lizard, Ravenous Hydra, Randuin's Omen, Last Whisper and Spirit Visage with Ninja Tabi Boots.

He didn't oneshot, but due to redbuff or snare he usually got the kills with another q.
Feel free to have a look at one of my champion Guides:

Or have a short look at my champion ideas.
TheKut
<Member>
TheKut's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 27, 2014 9:17am | Report
I saw a Rengar just today and he went ape**** assassin and bursted down our Viktor in .37 seconds. He built something like Last Whisper, Youmuu's Ghostblade, Ravenous Hydra, Black Cleaver, Trinity Force and Bloodthirster. So yeah, you can still instagib and snowball as Rengar.
the chaos bringer 00's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 28, 2014 10:32am | Report
You can check my Rengar guide if you want :) I hope this doesn't count as guide advertising.
Anyways for the assassin build that you're looking, yeah it is even more high risk- high reward now... Ryan Choi plays that kind of Rengar. He does the following path:

Stack 4x Doran's Blade --> Tiamat --> Last Whisper --> Ravenous Hydra --> Yoummu's Ghostblade --> Black Cleaver --> Trinity Force --> Situational 6th item

The situational is one of the 3: Infinity Edge, Sword of the Occult, Sword of the Divine

This build is included (but not explained in my guide)...

Anyways as I already stated it is much more riskier to go this way if you are not, well, an expert of this champion. I prefer bruiser rengar who cal also deal some ridiculous damage...
Vaan99
<Member>
Vaan99's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 1, 2014 3:46am | Report
You might wanna check out streamer named Ryan Choi http://www.twitch.tv/ryanchoilol , he plays rengar at challenger level, while getting incredibly fed every game.

Also, rengar isn't underplayed, he's flavor of the month pick, banned in almost every game and highly contested pick.
LMaverick
<Member>
LMaverick's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 1, 2014 7:16pm | Report
Yes I have to agree with Vaan99 if you want one-shot rengar you should look at ryan choi's videos of course if you want to go the safer route you can go tanky with a Spirit Visage and randuins and make your damage items just Trinity Force and BOTRK then just finish with like a GA. Im surprised i havent seen any "ryan choi inspired" guides on mobafire yet. I might just make one...

Thank you Natuhlee for the Awesome sig
Check out my Pantheon guide!
+1 rep me if you found me helpful or if you just want to ;D

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide