Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

AP Kog vs AP Ez?

Creator: CrazyMBP May 21, 2012 3:35pm
tehAsian
<Veteran>
tehAsian's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 22, 2012 5:35pm | Report
crossfire wrote:

If you're build AP your Q will act as a single target nuke. Meaning it will be doing the bulk of your damage when building AP.

Wat. Single target nukes do the bulk of your damage if you're AP? Does that mean you max Charm first on Ahri? Arcane Shift first on Ezreal? Single target nuke =/= main damage skill for AP carries. Also, they have the exact same numbers, and the only thing you get off Q is attack speed, which is useless on AP Kog unless you're building AP/AS. E is superior to Q in every way.

crossfire wrote:

While you could max E first assuming you go mid being able to hit multiple targets is pretty useless.

Hitting multiple targets is useless? Let me guess...because it pushes your lane? That's not a bad thing. In fact, it's GOOD if you can outpush the other laner, because it gives time to grab Wraiths/Blue/Wolves or gank, and taking jungle creeps makes you completely outlevel and outfarm the other mid laner.

crossfire wrote:

It also costs more meaning you'll run out of mana.

If you're running OOM in mid then there's something wrong with how you play. You don't spam it every time it's up unless you WANT to push, and that doesn't happen very often. 2 Doran's Ring or Blue Buff will also supply enough regen to supply the occasional push.

crossfire wrote:

AD kog is simply better as his skills were designed to be used AD. Q reduces armour, and W grants AA additional range.

Designed a way =/= better. Leona was designed as a tank. She's better as a support. And Q also reduces Magic Resist, and his ultimate scales better with AP.
LaCorpse's Signature Cafe

Thanks to Keondre, JhoiJhoi, Xiron, and Arcana3 for the Sigs~!
Vitigam
<Member>
Vitigam's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 22, 2012 5:47pm | Report
Ap Ezreal is so fun. But he has a very big issue, he is a HORIBBLE farmer. I am not talking aobut last hitting. He can't clear a wave for life. When there is a wave pushing hard on the tower, you won't barely make a difference. You have to rely on your passive to clear waves. That would be the biggiest issue with AP Ezreal. But he is so dam fun. And not to mention your Global Ult that is based of AP. Tons of damage.

Ap Kog is strong, though i haven't tried it out yet.
Thanks to Arcana3

Check Out All These Peeps Who Make Sigs <3
LaCorpse, Jhoijhoi, Miss Maw, Arcana3
Xiron
tehAsian
<Veteran>
tehAsian's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 22, 2012 6:11pm | Report
When I play AP Ezreal, I use my ult to farm and harass :P
LaCorpse's Signature Cafe

Thanks to Keondre, JhoiJhoi, Xiron, and Arcana3 for the Sigs~!
Vitigam
<Member>
Vitigam's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 22, 2012 8:29pm | Report
^ Lol, If I am not going for a kill in my lane, I randomly launch it to other lanes for free harras and potentionaly an assist lol
Thanks to [/url]Arcana3

Check Out All These Peeps Who Make Sigs <3
LaCorpse, Jhoijhoi, Miss Maw, Arcana3
Xiron
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 23, 2012 12:56pm | Report
I just watched CLG-EU vs Navi on http://clgaming.net/live/5960-ipllol, snoopey just stomped the enemy team with ap-kog.
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 23, 2012 1:03pm | Report
NicknameMy wrote:

I just watched CLG-EU vs Navi on http://clgaming.net/live/5960-ipllol, snoopey just stomped the enemy team with ap-kog.

Guessing you mean Froggen. :P
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 23, 2012 1:53pm | Report
Hmm, yes :P

But he shows that AP Kog is a competative viable pick.
animorte
<Member>
animorte's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 23, 2012 2:22pm | Report
AP Ezreal is best as an assassin with his higher cooldowns.
AD is extremely mobile with sustained damage.

It doesn't really matter if you pick AD or AP on Kog. Still does a ******ed amount of damage at exceptional range.
Personal habitual activites? Utilizing gargantuan idioms to fabricate intelligence.

"It's a colloquial shorthand that means the paradigm exists because of how the game works mechanically. Hence, "the Meta." Stop being a useless pedant." - PlayGooYa
crossfire
<Member>
crossfire's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 23, 2012 7:55pm | Report
Alright I'm just going to drop maxing Q first and just argue that AP kog is less viable than AD kog
tehAsian wrote:

Designed a way =/= better. Leona was designed as a tank. She's better as a support. And Q also reduces Magic Resist, and his ultimate scales better with AP.

Soo? Would you play Annie was designed AP would you play her AD? Generally what ever a character is designed to do they will be best a doing. For example would you build Akali as a tank? Maybe build AP Miss Fortune? I'm pretty sure riot at least has basic knowledge of how to play their game. Lets do some math here.
Assuming a fight goes on for 25 Seconds, and you cast spells at any given chance, level 18, enemy has no armour or MR
Kog with 2.0 AS, 287 AD, 12 Life Steal
AA 14350
Q 780
W 861
E 520
R 15202.5
Total: 31713.5 Regen 1722

Kog with 355 AP, .965 AS, 100 AD
AA 2412
Q 1525.5
W 217
E 508.5
R 15990
Total: 18241

Clearly you can see which one is superior?
I used the stats from the top kog guide
and the top AP kog guide
+Rep for a cookie.

Don't Click This | Click This
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 23, 2012 8:34pm | Report
^ You just completely missed the point I'm afraid. Pure DPS calculations mean very little when you're talking about completely different roles and playstyles. You're using endgame build comparisons between an AD carry and an AP carry - did you really expect the AP to do more? The whole point of an AD carry is to do the highest sustained DPS in the game with lategame items. If you pick AP Kog, it's because you want ridiculous amounts of poke damage without directly engaging.

Also, that AP Kog guide is horrible. Judging from Riot's recommended items for Akali they have absolutely no idea how to play her, and the recommended items for Kog'Maw himself are way off too.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide