Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Ashe, CDR start?

Creator: Temzilla June 12, 2011 11:17pm
1 2 3
Temzilla
<Member>
Temzilla's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 12, 2011 11:17pm | Report
Has anyone run the numbers/tried in a game starting with dorans like normal, but then getting CDR boots and then getting a brutalizer?

With the 25% CDR you will be able to Arrow more, and when the time comes you'll be able to spam the **** out of Volley.

Running 21/0/9 you will end up with 40% CDR with Ghostblade and CDR/level blues.

Your ending build would be

Ionian Boots of Lucidity
Phantom Dancer
Infinity Edge
Youmuu's Ghostblade
Banshee's Veil
<Situational Item goes here>

Thoughts?
Tri lane for life.
Wintermond
<Member>
Wintermond's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 13, 2011 1:04am | Report
You get Infinity Edge and have a crit-build. Why would you want to improve your Volley over your AA's?

El Psy Congroo.

|You can't spell slaughter without laughter.|

Pwnzor1130
<Member>
Pwnzor1130's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 13, 2011 1:14am | Report
Autoattacks are better than more CDR. Infinity Edge should always be before Phantom Dancer; you have seen her passive, right? Also, I don't like youmuu's on ranged carries (the active doesn't last that long on ranged) as CDR is not that necessary on ashe, and the black cleaver is usually better sustained damage. Last Whisper works too if you prefer it over the black cleaver. Also, if the enemy team does not have CC, berserker's greaves usually offers more DPS than Lucidity.

Thanks to The Nameless Bard and Vavena for the sigs!
Temzilla
<Member>
Temzilla's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 13, 2011 1:20am | Report
Wintermond wrote:

You get Infinity Edge and have a crit-build. Why would you want to improve your Volley over your AA's?

It's mainly for the arrows.

I find that most of the times when I want to arrow someone it's on cooldown. (I always want to arrow someone.)

Pwnzor1130 wrote:

Autoattacks are better than more CDR. Infinity Edge should always be before Phantom Dancer; you have seen her passive, right? Also, I don't like youmuu's on ranged carries (the active doesn't last that long on ranged) as CDR is not that necessary on ashe, and the black cleaver is usually better sustained damage. Last Whisper works too if you prefer it over the black cleaver. Also, if the enemy team does not have CC, berserker's greaves usually offers more DPS than Lucidity.

You usually just get to auto attack people for seconds at a time?

I don't.

Only time I'm ever auto attacking someone is directly after firing an arrow.

This lets me auto attack more, because i'm firing more arrows.

I don't really see ashe as a hard AD carry like a trynd or a Yi, her ult and her hawkshot are extremely powerful and can change games.
Tri lane for life.
DEWO
<Retired Moderator>
DEWO's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 13, 2011 4:23am | Report
+3 for kiting... if you are good Ashe player you will kite, and for that you need MS. That is why most good ashes go for Swiftness :P and you dont need CDR :P
Did i help you? Click that +Rep

Thanks to jhoijhoi for the sig!
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 13, 2011 7:17am | Report
No, 401, most good Ashes use ArP quints.

The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 13, 2011 9:52am | Report
a GIANT STUN ARROW OF DOOM every 45 seconds sounds pretty good to me, but what other reason is there to have 40% CDR?
Pwnzor1130
<Member>
Pwnzor1130's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 13, 2011 2:21pm | Report
Temzilla wrote:

It's mainly for the arrows.

I find that most of the times when I want to arrow someone it's on cooldown. (I always want to arrow someone.)

You usually just get to auto attack people for seconds at a time?

I don't.

Only time I'm ever auto attacking someone is directly after firing an arrow.

This lets me auto attack more, because i'm firing more arrows.

I don't really see ashe as a hard AD carry like a trynd or a Yi, her ult and her hawkshot are extremely powerful and can change games.

The main reason for rushing IE is not only does it make your crits hit harder, but AD is more useful early game than AS. This is because you will only hit an enemy once or twice rather than sit there autoattacking. Also, your autoattacks are your MAIN sources of damage, not volley or your arrow. Sure, a lower cooldown on your arrow is nice, but it's not worth sacrificing that precious autoattack damage.

Thanks to The Nameless Bard and Vavena for the sigs!
JunSupport
<Veteran>
JunSupport's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 13, 2011 2:42pm | Report
Ghostblade doesn't belong on Ashe.

In long-drawn out games, this is how my build turns out in chronological order.

Boots of Swiftness, Infinity Edge, Phantom Dancer, Bloodthirster, Banshee's Veil or Guardian Angel, Black Cleaver, Phantom Dancer.

If I have enough excess gold, I sell my Boots for a Phantom Dancer because I noticed that I still have solid movement speed with 2 phantom dancers.
With Volley-spam late game, and MS buff from Utility masteries (I go 9/0/21 typically) I'm solid for kiting (barring special chasers like Udyr, Mastery Yi, and Nocturne), and have some extreme offensive power.
~ Gentlemen Cho'Gath ~
┌──┐
┴──┴
< ಠ,....,ರೃ>
~ Keeping this sig classy ~

Guides of Mine - Click the... Eh... Come back later

~Undergoing barbaric-Destruction, tasteful-Renovation, and blasphemous-Reconstruction soonâ„¢~
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ ┬──┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 13, 2011 2:47pm | Report
What about 9-21-0 for the attack speed (the AP being largely irrelevant to my statement) boost? I've realized that most people can benefit from this setup, since the defensive stuff is always nice and the boost you get from going all the way to 21 is pretty good. I've never tried it on Ashe, so I'm curious.
1 2 3

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide