Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

Athene's Unholy Grail on Zyra.

Creator: LaCorpse July 27, 2012 12:20pm
LaCorpse
<Altruistic Artist>
LaCorpse's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 27, 2012 3:53pm | Report
PsiGuard wrote:

Grail is fine. Plenty of other items work as well. You could go for more defense with GA or BV or go for more offense with Lich or Hourglass (which gives 100 AP, it's still an offensive item).

You could even go DFG if you wanted more single-target burst, though it seems that zyra focuses more on her AoE combo. I'd have to play her a bit to see how well DFG would fit with her late game combos.

Just keep in mind that rushing Athene's Unholy Grail is probably a bad idea. I wouldn't do it unless you had to (in a tough matchup and your blue got denied or something). It still works as a mid-late game item though.

Athene's Unholy Grail would be the last item built. Normally I don't even get to that point though.
Normally that last item is almost always situational.

^_^
Orianna Guide // Ahri Guide // +Rep for hugs ♡ // Signature Café!!

A Special Thanks To Those Who Made Me Signatures
>> Graphic Resources & Downloads <<
Keondre
<Member>
Keondre's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 27, 2012 7:03pm | Report
I haven't tried Athene's on Zyra, but it would seem to work well on her.
사랑은 장님이다. | ความงามในความแข็งแรง. | 愛は治療です.
Pheyniex
<Member>
Pheyniex's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 27, 2012 7:36pm | Report
I only get Athene's if my job in lane is to hold it/sustain it. usually as Morgana or Galio, Xerath too. Haven't tried Zyra. If you really need the regen and can get some AP immediatly after, maybe it won't be a pain.

As requested to GMD himself.
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 27, 2012 7:40pm | Report
No.

Boots, double doran's, rush rabadon's. Seriously, my worse mirror match start (coz I had no bad games with other mages, nerf Zyra please <.< ) I started 0/2 and while the other ***** got sustain (was gonna start RoA), I went Rabadon's. First team fight for a tripple kill (I survived it, so no passive shenanigans), next 5-10 minutes I'm legendary.

Boots, double doran's, rabadon's, rylay's, stuff (I usually go Zhonya's, void staff, something to finish). I do the same **** with Whorianna, you've got range, you've got utility, you can hurt like **** before they can think of getting to you.
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 28, 2012 3:25am | Report
LaCorpse wrote:

no duh. morello's was reworked into a support item, since it now builds from kage's and has the heal debuff
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
Werepirelord
<Member>
Werepirelord's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 28, 2012 8:37am | Report
I personally love Lich Bane.

I mean it should be one of the last items you get, but once you have like 700-800 ap, it goes crazy.

Zyra has got really low cooldown for it(Seeds), so you could get the full worth out of it.

But I would like to know your full build to really determine what is needed.

See you later, armadillos! Unless I see you first!
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 28, 2012 8:40am | Report
Athene's Unholy Grail isn't very useful on her. If you use mana regen per level seals, ever get blue buff or just rush an early mana item she lacks mana problems some casters have. Considering one of her spells is free and the others have respectable/lower costs.
LaCorpse
<Altruistic Artist>
LaCorpse's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 28, 2012 9:36am | Report
Thank you for all your opinions and insights.
Orianna Guide // Ahri Guide // +Rep for hugs ♡ // Signature Café!!

A Special Thanks To Those Who Made Me Signatures
>> Graphic Resources & Downloads <<
MissWitch
<Member>
MissWitch's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 29, 2012 3:16pm | Report
I like getting Athene's Unholy Grail, with it, you will NEVER have to worry about porting back to base because you are out of mana. You get CDR and 90 AP viable stuff Zyra could use.If you want health sustain, buy a Hextech Revolver. But of course, if you don't care about mana regen, buy Deathfire Grasp.
If you would like for me to review YOUR guide, send me a PM!
Jpikachu1999
<Member>
Jpikachu1999's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 29, 2012 6:53pm | Report
I like getting Athene's Unholy Grail a ton. You have pretty much full lane control with either blue buff or Athene's, and it allows you to push out your lane and gank more easily. Plus, it gives a ton of great stats. I mean, who doesn't want a 90 AP item which doubles with magic resist and mana regen?

I dunno, for mid lane as the sole AP carry it's probably not necessary to get an Athene's, especially since you get blue buff. I'd say it's a nice item to have though.

If I helped you, click that +rep!

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide