Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

[Champion Idea] Drills - The Bandle City Miner

Creator: MyBloodisBlack June 6, 2014 6:30pm
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
DillButt64
<Editor>
DillButt64's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 19, 2014 7:56pm | Report
its an AoE targetted Vi ult, its always going to be overpowered, how powerful were you intenting it to be anyways?

you gave him 25% increased mana regen for no real reason, its not much but....why? was there even a point?

your "brilliant" ult isnt actually that great its just an AoE teemo shroom, even worse considering the type of champion its on (P.S. with the way youve described the ability there is almost no chance youll ever steal a buff with it, if anything itll just explode once the camp spawns and the monster will just regen it back instantly or if it only works on champions itll explode and still not be enough to kill the monster)

i dont want to sound mean but your "efforts" arnt going to matter because it feels like most of your champion ideas are just random abilities you thought would look cool on a random champion idea that dont even work well together because you dont fully know how the game works

you can tell a janitor to build a nuclear missile and even if he uses all of his effort its still going to be a ****ty missile because he has no idea how to build a nuke or how nukes work
Thanks to TheNamelessBard for the signature
Jimmydoggga 2.0
<Member>
Jimmydoggga 2.0's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 20, 2014 1:04am | Report

No matter what I do no one is satisfied with my efforts are they?

Well to be fair its not like Riot does a better job.
I've had people rage at me for using Shyvana jungle in a ranked game because she has no CC, while Shyvana was the most OP champ in the game.
Point is you cant please everyone.

Basically MOBAFire.
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 20, 2014 1:41am | Report

Well to be fair its not like Riot does a better job.
I've had people rage at me for using Shyvana jungle in a ranked game because she has no CC, while Shyvana was the most OP champ in the game.
Point is you cant please everyone.

That statement makes 0 sense...

"its not like Riot does a better job" because you had people rage at you.
Jimmydoggga 2.0
<Member>
Jimmydoggga 2.0's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 20, 2014 1:50am | Report
They weren't raging at me because I was doing ****py, they were raging at me because they thought Shyvana was a useless jungler, because she doesnt have any hard CC. That, and whenever Riot releases an item or a champion its either overpowered (Braum) or underpowered (Essence Reaper)

Basically MOBAFire.
MyBloodisBlack
<Member>
MyBloodisBlack's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 20, 2014 2:57am | Report
DillButt64 wrote:

its an AoE targetted Vi ult, its always going to be overpowered, how powerful were you intenting it to be anyways?

I am not sure, I do understand its an powerful ability and thus would be unfair if its was as strong as Vi Cease and Desist so I would probably say it would be 65% as powerful as Vi ult plus up to a bonus 5% on top of that for the bonus damage.
This however can be changed if it is still deemed OP.

DillButt64 wrote:

you gave him 25% increased mana regen for no real reason, its not much but....why? was there even a point?

Because of the amount of Mana his W will drain I thought it would be fair to have an extra ability that meant that you could get it back up a little quicker than normal however I didn't wanna over do it by doing the same as Karthus who regains mana super fast with his E passive so I thought this passive would be both fair and yet not OP.

DillButt64 wrote:
i dont want to sound mean but your "efforts" arnt going to matter because it feels like most of your champion ideas are just random abilities you thought would look cool on a random champion idea that dont even work well together because you dont fully know how the game works

I don't see how they are random - They are abilities designed to immobilise (thanks to his passive and Q), to close down (thanks to his R) and to deal major AOE damage (thanks to all his abilities).
Basically he is designed to be a AP off tank who can put himself into the battle and is in fact encouraged to give it his all.
And yes I have had some bad ideas for champions I admit that however I am positive Riot goes through 100s of poor ideas before they decide what the next new champion will be.
"The Wolf eyes the Prey, The Cow eats the hay, One of them is a killer, The other his buffet"
DillButt64
<Editor>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 20, 2014 5:40pm | Report
just going to let you know its not the damage that makes the ult OP its the fact he has an AoE vi ult

his mana regen should be from items/blue buff not from a random passive that makes no sense

the original R was an ability that was random on your champion, original E had random scaling with damage items on an ability thats for tanking damage (SO I BUILD DAMAGE SO MY DAMAGE ABILITY DEALS MORE DAMAGE BUT I HAVE TO TANK DAMAGE TO USE IT BUT IT ONLY DOES DAMAGE IF I BUILD DAMAGE NOT TANK) original Q is now ult and should never have been a basic ability and his W originally an HP drain for....what reason?

if it wasnt for people telling you what was wrong with your abilities your champion would be one that basically used Q, killed itself with both of its damaging abilities, then hoped something happened with his ult, now tell me why would i pick your original champion rather than something like malphite or vi that does the same thing and doesnt die for trying to deal damage
MyBloodisBlack
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 21, 2014 2:01am | Report
Ok how does this sound to make it fairer

When Drillz is on his way towards his target, maybe 1.5 seconds before he hits there will be a visual to warn other players to move away from the intended target.

That way if they all still decide to stick together they only have themselves to blame

And I find it funny I have listened to people throughout and changed every single bit of this champion to suit them and let they are still not satisfied with the results.
This champion has basically become everyones champions and not mine yet no one is pleased with it still :/
"The Wolf eyes the Prey, The Cow eats the hay, One of them is a killer, The other his buffet"
DillButt64
<Editor>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 21, 2014 8:11pm | Report
youre making changes that make no sense though

1.5 second warning time? how long does it take for him to get to the person he targeted like 5 days?
MyBloodisBlack
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 22, 2014 2:34am | Report
DillButt64 wrote:

youre making changes that make no sense though

1.5 second warning time? how long does it take for him to get to the person he targeted like 5 days?

They are mostly the changes you suggested though

You wanted the original Q and R swapped so I did
You wanted the new Q (Dynamite) to be turned into a skill shot and it was.

The Ult hasn't made any real changes from when you requested it be taken from the Q and put as the Ult - only the distance and the small bonus damage was added but the move remained the same.

If these changes make no sense then I am sorry
DillButt64
<Editor>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 22, 2014 7:44pm | Report
only a few are what i suggested a lot of them are things you added in to make it worse
1 2 3 4 5 6 7

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide