Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

[Champion Idea] Drills - The Bandle City Miner

Creator: MyBloodisBlack June 6, 2014 6:30pm
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
MyBloodisBlack
<Member>
MyBloodisBlack's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 10, 2014 2:55am | Report
Hmmm OK so you want interaction well I have had an idea and hopefully this one will work
Passive is every time you hit an enemy minion, monster or champion with an attack or ability it gains a stack for a short time (like 5 seconds with inactivity) when you score a Kill or Assist on any enemy that has a stack you gain gold equal to that stack.
if you kill multiple enemy champions with stacks on them the amount is increased by 25% for double, 50% for triple, 75% for Quadrakill and 120% for Pentakill.

So basically if the enemy champions have say 4 stacks each when you start killing them
You get 10 gold for the double kill (4+4+(bonus 25%)=10)
You get 18 gold for the triple Kill (4+4+4+(Bonus 50%)=18)
You get 28 gold for the Quadrakill (4+4+4+4+(Bonus 75%)=28)
You get 42 gold for the Pentakill (4+4+4+4+4+(Bonus 120%)=42)

I am hoping this is a good initiation passive as it encourages Ganking

The Only questions I will have to this that I am sure someone will be able to help me with are as follows.

1. should the multikill wait til you finished to give out the amount of gold or would be be "fair" if it went "You got Double heres 10g...You got Triple heres 18g...You got Quadrakill heres 28g" etc etc? that would give you a total of 98 bonus gold if they all had 4 stacks in total

and 2. with Drillz W being a continuous AOE attack would the stack work once upon first hit or would the stack increase for every time the enemy took damage?
"The Wolf eyes the Prey, The Cow eats the hay, One of them is a killer, The other his buffet"
DillButt64
<Editor>
DillButt64's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 10, 2014 7:25pm | Report
yes i want interaction

i also said i dont want a gold generation passive
Thanks to TheNamelessBard for the signature
MyBloodisBlack
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 11, 2014 4:07am | Report
Ok we can work on a passive another time
"The Wolf eyes the Prey, The Cow eats the hay, One of them is a killer, The other his buffet"
TheKut
<Member>
TheKut's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 11, 2014 6:31am | Report
I despise gold generation passives (except on abilities like Hawkshot or Parrrley, but even then it's meh) so I won't support gold generation passives of any kind. His kit sounds fun and unique but I'm not a fan of his ultimate. Looking at his basic abilities I would expect something CC heavy, something that either throws you into the face of your enemies or something that requires you to be in the face of your enemies. Right now his kit signalises that he wants to be on top of you all the time but his ult signalises that he wants to be a little **** and wait for you to step on a dynamite.
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 11, 2014 6:32am | Report
TheKut wrote:

I despise gold generation passives (except on abilities like Hawkshot or Parrrley, but even then it's meh) so I won't support gold generation passives of any kind. His kit sounds fun and unique but I'm not a fan of his ultimate. Looking at his basic abilities I would expect something CC heavy, something that either throws you into the face of your enemies or something that requires you to be in the face of your enemies. Right now his kit signalises that he wants to be on top of you all the time but his ult signalises that he wants to be a little **** and wait for you to step on a dynamite.

But... But... League of Draven? :/
MyBloodisBlack
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 11, 2014 2:41pm | Report
TheKut wrote:

His kit sounds fun and unique but I'm not a fan of his ultimate. Looking at his basic abilities I would expect something CC heavy, something that either throws you into the face of your enemies or something that requires you to be in the face of your enemies. Right now his kit signalises that he wants to be on top of you all the time but his ult signalises that he wants to be a little **** and wait for you to step on a dynamite.

Well the deal with the dynamite is its an ability that could be used for multiple proposes from warding in red buff and blue buff camps across the board which if positioned correctly can take a buff from any enemy champions.

You could position all four around Baron, let one enemy activate one and it will deal massive damage to all the enemy champions trying to farm Baron as well as taking a huge chunk of Baron out thus making it easier for your team to Ace them even if they win Baron.

You can set up a huge line in the lane and bait opponents into chasing you and if you are clever you can position them so that they can't escape the blast hopefully leading you to a pentakill if the ult is strong enough.

Or you can just use it to ward the map and although it has reduced radius compared to regular wards they still provide enough to aid your team visionarily.

Also the dynamite can be used in junction with other abilities as well since they do slow targets you can use Tunnel Vision to go underneath then strike up to stun followed by Jackhammer to do AOE damage whilst they are being slowed more and of course being caught in more blasted.

And thats the other key part, if you have placed all four down and waited a bit you will have 4 more in reserve for when they explode so as soon as one is down you can plant the next and repeat :)

The Ults uses are endless and like Teemo mushroom they will be annoying as hell, the only difference is that Teemo mushroom are designed to poison and take damage gradually whilst Drillz Dynamite are designed to hurt instantly and hard.
Lovebongs
<Member>
Lovebongs's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 11, 2014 5:41pm | Report
Very good thread keep up the good work :)

And thank you for this

Love it - Drillz E ability is Safety first - Upon Activation Drillz puts on his trusted safety helmet and gains bonus Armor and Magic Resist equal to a small percentage of his AD and AP combined.
Whilst this ability is activate he will absorb a small amount of damage whilst still taking full damage and when the activation runs out will cause a shock wave around him dealing all the damage that he absorbed during that time.
TheKut
<Member>
TheKut's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 11, 2014 7:11pm | Report

Well the deal with the dynamite is its an ability that could be used for multiple proposes from warding in red buff and blue buff camps across the board which if positioned correctly can take a buff from any enemy champions.

You could position all four around Baron, let one enemy activate one and it will deal massive damage to all the enemy champions trying to farm Baron as well as taking a huge chunk of Baron out thus making it easier for your team to Ace them even if they win Baron.

You can set up a huge line in the lane and bait opponents into chasing you and if you are clever you can position them so that they can't escape the blast hopefully leading you to a pentakill if the ult is strong enough.

Or you can just use it to ward the map and although it has reduced radius compared to regular wards they still provide enough to aid your team visionarily.

Also the dynamite can be used in junction with other abilities as well since they do slow targets you can use Tunnel Vision to go underneath then strike up to stun followed by Jackhammer to do AOE damage whilst they are being slowed more and of course being caught in more blasted.

And thats the other key part, if you have placed all four down and waited a bit you will have 4 more in reserve for when they explode so as soon as one is down you can plant the next and repeat :)

The Ults uses are endless and like Teemo mushroom they will be annoying as hell, the only difference is that Teemo mushroom are designed to poison and take damage gradually whilst Drillz Dynamite are designed to hurt instantly and hard.

But that is not what the rest of his kit is for. Don't get me wrong, the ultimate sounds cool, but does it really fit the champion? I don't think so. Imagine if Sejuani would have an ultimate like this, wouldn't really fit with the rest of her abilities right? Drillz seem to want to be in your face, his ultimate suggests the opposite. That's the problem.

But... But... League of Draven? :/

It's one of the better ones, but still not a fan. **** League of Draven!
DillButt64
<Editor>
DillButt64's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 11, 2014 7:32pm | Report
dravens passive is ok because it has interaction unlike TFs old passive

and like TheKut said(and i think ive said before) his kit has good abilities they just dont work together, its like putting akalis Q, nocturnes W, Nauts E, and volibears ult on one champion it just doesnt work right
Thanks to TheNamelessBard for the signature
MyBloodisBlack
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 12, 2014 3:39am | Report
I know its hard to understand but believe me if you know how to use dynamite (Drillz Ult) then all of his abilities work together.

For example, Lets say you are on level 6 and you are preparing to gank this is what you could in theory do.

1. Place one dynamite down
2. Activate Tunnel Vision and Jackhammer
3. head towards the enemy
4. activate Tunnel Vision and place two dynamite down
5. either chase the enemy or kite them
6. First dynamite explodes causing massive damage and activates second one
7. Enemy is massively slowed by Jackhammer and first dynamite that he takes second damage.
8. if he can't get away you kill him off with AA and Jackhammer
9. If he decides to run away he activates 3rd dynamite and get killed.

Its hard to really put it in words but basically Drillz QWE are all you need when jungling or in teamfights as you can win 1v1 or you can even take down weakened groups relatively easy...Dynamite is there to be like Teemo Shrooms, if you know how to play Teemo then his QWE are all you need to win fights but you got the Shrooms there just to troll essentially.

the only difference is that Dynamite (as I mentioned before) can be used greater effect to control jungle camps or even baron if you use your imagination.

I am not going to claim this champion is going to be an easy jungle champion to pick up but with a good build and some imagination in your gameplay I think he could be a solid pick :)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide