Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Darius Theorycrafting

Creator: NicknameMy May 25, 2012 9:08am
Darcurse
<Member>
Darcurse's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 27, 2012 8:55am | Report
Strong AD with a dash of tank.

IMO GA as 4,5 or 6 item for most def stats, since you can use it to utilizie your passive that way.
Charge in after the tank and dot like hell and if you die you start ultiyng everything after revive.
Adovid
<Member>
Adovid's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 28, 2012 1:00am | Report
Here is how I saw it done with someone abusing him on twisted treeline. He doesn't need armor pen AT ALL. His passive from Apprehend does all the work. Invest in the defensive tree(9-21-0) and get 10% magic penetration for Hemorrhage.

Your runes are going to be all defensive(armor marks and seals, get the idea?) with possibly movement or armor/health quints.

You get level 1 Decimate. This is his escape- It applies his passive Hemorrhage to all targets hit in the radius and gives him 5% move speed for every target that's a champion and you can use it while moving like renekton can but it has a larger radius-- then you max Apprehend so you never have to worry about armor or anyone ever escaping ever again.

Your starting item is going Boots pots to philosopher's stone. You get Boots of Swiftness this is important because the higher base move speed is multiplied more by your passive and the more you hit and run the more champions you kill simultaneously. After that you can either go tanky with Frozen Mallet or get a Bloodthirster depending on what your team needs.

Tactics he's all about hit and run with his passive and ulting whatever he can kill. Don't waste mana spamming his spells(his mana pool is small), you try to save Apprehend to secure a kill for your ult when the target has 5 stacks of Hemorrhage.
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 29, 2012 1:52am | Report
NicknameMy wrote:

Another thing I found out: Darius counters Renekton really hard, he deals twice or triple the dmg of Renekton early, the phase, where Renekton should dominate.

... I find this hard to imagine.
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 29, 2012 8:18am | Report
Why not just use him as full tank then? Same build as Cho'Gath, but including a Frozen Mallet. This way, your purpose would be to last forever in teamfights and apply your passive with on-hit effects to anyone. Your E is also a nice cc for initiation. And if anybody goes below the crucial number, ult him to death.

You should get magicpen marks and the magicpen mastery for that. Armorpen you got anyway. You could go for AS Marks and MS Quints aswell.
Jpikachu1999
<Member>
Jpikachu1999's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 29, 2012 10:19am | Report
"If anyone goes below the crucial number, ult him to death". You realize this is the worst way to kill steal someone, especially since you are going tank and not doing any of the major damages. That's possibly worse than the whole Garen ult steal while building tank. Kills in the hands of the tank aren't as useful as in the hands of the carry.

If I helped you, click that +rep!
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 29, 2012 10:21am | Report

"If anyone goes below the crucial number, ult him to death". You realize this is the worst way to kill steal someone, especially since you are going tank and not doing any of the major damages. That's possibly worse than the whole Garen ult steal while building tank. Kills in the hands of the tank aren't as useful as in the hands of the carry.

Which is one of the reasons why his ult is poorly designed. You're rewarded for taking every kill and punished if you don't
NicknameMy
<Editor>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 29, 2012 11:17am | Report
Yeah, it isn't a nice tactic, but beeing totally unkillabe and still doing that much true dmg. Also the passive + on-hit does decent dmg aswell.

As luther said, not landing the killing blow with your ult decreases your damage drastically.

Maybe I should add "only ult somebody to death if you think it is 100% necessary to kill him"
Jpikachu1999
<Member>
Jpikachu1999's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 29, 2012 12:00pm | Report
Which is why you build AD sort of carry so that kills actually benefit you.

If I helped you, click that +rep!
Somalie
<Member>
Somalie's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 29, 2012 12:10pm | Report
It's alway necessary to kill someone in team fight if it's only pressing a button o:

"Ult him in case he would live (escape) and not die from your allies" seems better, regarding what you said before :D

In my opinion the first kill has to be done the fastest possible, here every KS-like spell are good to take. Especially if its on a silenced/stunned AD/AP carry, the 0.1 sec after the CC he will flash out and run away.
English is not my native langage, I'm sorry about how painful to read my text are :c
NicknameMy
<Editor>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 29, 2012 12:47pm | Report
But if you build Darius not tanky enough, you simply die before you can ult. And if you play him AD, stay back and just pick up all kills, you done practically the same but worse.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide