Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Darius Theorycrafting

Creator: NicknameMy May 25, 2012 9:08am
Jpikachu1999
<Member>
Jpikachu1999's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 29, 2012 1:06pm | Report
You sure as hell don't build him full tank.

You only need like Frozen Mallet, Guardian Angel, and Maw of Malmortius.

If I helped you, click that +rep!
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 29, 2012 1:58pm | Report
He's a damage dealer with no sustain.

There's a number of champions who handily beat damage dealers with no sustain :P
Jpikachu1999
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 29, 2012 2:07pm | Report
Yeah he doesn't auto win lane at all.

NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 4, 2012 12:35pm | Report
Elementz wrote:
Darius added to tier 2 - I feel that he's actually not a bad bruiser top lane because of the damage he can dish out early game and the basic "Free kills" as soon as your jungler shows up top lane. His damage out put is CRAZY high and you don't even need to build him super DPS heavy. You can go almost full tank and still dish out a lot of damage, and using your ultimate to finish off anyone who's low. I think he's pretty good so I am playing him into tier 2.

Didn't I mention tank Darius before? He is Nasus which doesn't need farm and has a great early.
Jpikachu1999
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 4, 2012 7:44pm | Report
NicknameMy wrote:

Didn't I mention tank Darius before? He is Nasus which doesn't need farm and has a great early.

Which is pretty much the same as tank Garen who does a **** ton of damage early, no damage late, and just kill steals with ult. Also, Darius's passive scales with AD, so I seriously don't understand why you wouldn't build him with at least 150 bonus AD. Getting only 70 damage over 5 seconds at 5 stacks is really bad. It only helps his ult, which, if I haven't said before, killsteals as a tank. Kills in the hands of a tank are less effective than in the hands of a carry.

NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 4, 2012 10:42pm | Report
Well, pros play him tanky, abuse his tankyness. You can see the same on champs like Ahri, Jax, etc.. Building as tanky as possible while still dealing good dmg is the meta.
Adovid
<Member>
Adovid's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 5, 2012 6:24am | Report
Not saying it's worth it but if his passive is single target wouldn't having a rylai's crystal scepter permaslow enemies? He could be like sejuani if you want him as a cc tank using that method.
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 5, 2012 7:52am | Report
^ Uhmmm, hmmm it seems wasteful at a glance for the 80 AP that you aren't using. I think Randuin's is a much better option defensively, and the CC is better.

Fromal Maw Randuin's GA or Atma's (Or both) is an invincible Darius. I also like Frozen heart quite a bit on Darius.
Adovid
<Member>
Adovid's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 5, 2012 7:56am | Report
"Fixed a bug with Hemorrhage applying Rylai's Crystal Scepter slow and Spell Vamp effects."
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/news/draven-patch-notes

Ah well that answers my question. Maybe that's also why darius seemed strong when he was with spellcasters that had Will of the Ancients.
Jpikachu1999
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 5, 2012 8:47am | Report
NicknameMy wrote:

Well, pros play him tanky, abuse his tankyness. You can see the same on champs like Ahri, Jax, etc.. Building as tanky as possible while still dealing good dmg is the meta.

His skills scale off of AD extremely well. Why not abuse that as well? That's like saying to abuse Riven for her tankiness because she still deals decent damage. Yes, she does, but she does about 4 times more if you build her AD.

Crippling Strike will do like 200 damage late game, that's like nothing late game.
Hemorrhage will do 36 damage per stack, 180 damage over 5 seconds at max stacks. Whereas, with just a Bloodthirster and Maw of Malmortius, you get 92 damage per stack. I know, people are like "You don't look at the numbers, you look at how each of them is used". It's just the fact that I'd rather do 600 damage with my W late game, 460 damage with my passive at max stacks, and why not abuse the enormous ratios of his ult as well?

His ult is 1.75 AD scaling at max stacks on his passive. Again, with just a fully stacked BT and Maw, you are getting 271 extra true damage. I just don't understand why everyone is building practically full tank, maybe at Atma's and FM. He has such good AD ratios, why not use them?

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide