Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Draven Theorycrafting

Creator: Buranri June 6, 2012 9:44pm
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 7, 2012 9:12am | Report
FalseoGod wrote:

I think he's cool, but some people overfocus the whole axe catching thing

It's simply because the axe catching is real integral to his kit. It completely refreshes his steroid and allows him another free mini-crit.

I've been going:
Boots
Doran's stacking if necessary
Early Zeal
B. F. Sword
Vampiric Scepter
Infinity Edge
Then other standard AD carry stuff.
Sig courtesy of GrandmasterD. Go get your own sig from them. :D
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 7, 2012 9:37am | Report
I know it does, but getting yourself in danger for it kinda doesn't compensate
Arashi_
<Member>
Arashi_'s Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 7, 2012 9:50am | Report
I tried to build draven as a top solo rather than a adc, started with dorans into boots then avarice blade and brutilizer then ghost blade and and started a trin force which im still deciding if i wanna swap for a frozen mallet.

but I only tried that once and made the build on the spot lol every other game i ran him as a ad carry bot
Somalie
<Member>
Somalie's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 7, 2012 9:52am | Report
FalseoGod wrote:

I know it does, but getting yourself in danger for it kinda doesn't compensate

And missing CS.

Playing support and seeing those Draven running after a flying axe instead of CSing is annoying those days.
English is not my native langage, I'm sorry about how painful to read my text are :c
utopus
<Veteran>
utopus's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 7, 2012 11:26am | Report
I haven't played Draven yet, but just from sheer speculation, I was wondering how viable Sheen & Trinity Force would be on him. I mean, Trinity Force would be a giant boost, and it'd always be used, thanks to Draven's Spinning Axe's low cooldown if you use it correctly. It would also let him have an alternative form of CC, Making it easier for him to chase down peeps
If I helped you out, be sure to throw me a +Rep!
-

My Soraka Guide | My Review Service

Thanks for the sig, MissMaw!
lifebaka
<Member>
lifebaka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 7, 2012 12:50pm | Report
utopus wrote:

I haven't played Draven yet, but just from sheer speculation, I was wondering how viable Sheen & Trinity Force would be on him. I mean, Trinity Force would be a giant boost, and it'd always be used, thanks to Draven's Spinning Axe's low cooldown if you use it correctly. It would also let him have an alternative form of CC, Making it easier for him to chase down peeps

While the Phage proc might be nice, the CD on Spinning Axe really isn't that good. Casting the spell places a buff on Draven which modifies his next basic attack. Catching an axe refreshes this buff, but does not allow him to recast the skill. It does refresh the CD on Blood Rush, however, so with proper positioning in a teamfight it could very well provide him with TONS OF DAMAGETM; +150% base AD every third attack or so is fairly crazy, especially considering that every other attack will be getting +85% total AD from Spinning Axe in order to keep this up.

The remaining problem with this is that it can be difficult to continue to catch axes during a teamfight, when you'll probably most want that bonus. This is probably just a skill issue, though.
OTGBionicArm wrote: Armored wimminz = badass.

My posts may be long. If this bothers you, don't read them.
Jpikachu1999
<Member>
Jpikachu1999's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 7, 2012 1:08pm | Report
utopus wrote:

Catching his Q doesn't count as casting a second spell.

If I helped you, click that +rep!
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 7, 2012 1:21pm | Report

Catching his Q doesn't count as casting a second spell.

But it does refresh his W completely.
Sig courtesy of GrandmasterD. Go get your own sig from them. :D
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 7, 2012 1:28pm | Report
Yes, after some testing Trinity Force is a good choice on Draven. Bit costly, but a good pick, maybe pick up the Sheen early for some mana and proccing. I also had an absurd idea to jungle with him; it worked, though your speed and sustain is completely dependent on how well you catch axes. Haha.
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 7, 2012 4:28pm | Report
Somalie wrote:

And missing CS.

Playing support and seeing those Draven running after a flying axe instead of CSing is annoying those days.

I feel your pain. It's that and people who hit continuosly instead of just last-hitting. I spent 20 minutes as Leona explaining to Graves why it's so much better to just last hit then firing on every single minion T_T Took him 3 Yorick ganks too (LE PAIN GANKS, GOD)

On a sidenote: I want an AP caster as arrogant as Draven. Seriously, that cockyness is too much fun. Or I'll just start taking Draven mid and kick out our AP mister/miss.
Thank you Byron for 2014's loudest laugh up till today

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide